X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GiantRutgersFan
    started a topic Breakout RB?

Breakout RB?

Which RB will have a breakout season a la Frank Gore 1 year ago?

Some players to keep an eye on are:

Joseph Addai
    Ronnie Brown
    Lawrence Maroney
    Deangelo Williams
    Cadaliac Williams
    Marion Barber
    Ladell Betts
    Brandon Jacobs

• The Unseen
    replied
    I think Bengals jokes should be grouped with Holocaust jokes:

really, really, really unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• Yung Flippa
    replied
    Willis McGahee is my breakout back

Leave a comment:

• remix 6
    replied
    Originally posted by JK17 View Post
    I hear Marvin Lewis thinks he can fit in good with the Bengals team chemistry...
    i heard hes the perfect RB for their system and they might even trade 18 and Rudi to the Pen for Maurice. He could become Turd..i mean Bengal of the Year if he keeps his hot streak going

Leave a comment:

• JK17
    replied
    Originally posted by Ewing View Post

He'll dominate the Ohio Penal League.
    I hear Marvin Lewis thinks he can fit in good with the Bengals team chemistry...

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by Ewing View Post

Prisoners vs. The Guards

Leave a comment:

• JoeMontainya
    replied
    IMO Maurice Jones Drew. He did everything last year. He scored just about every way possible even when Fred got most the carries. Jones got screwed out of rookie of the year. He will tear it up this year IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Ewing
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HoopsDemon12
    replied
    Originally posted by Moses View Post
    Get real. The Bucaneers are one of the worst teams in football. You can bring up all the statistics you want but the truth is that the Bucs simply aren't a very talented team. The Bears would crush them routinely and arguments could be made for both the Packers and Vikings. As for rebuilding, what do you think Tampa Bay is doing?
    if you wanan talk about the worst teams in football can i throw my bills in there!!?? until wilson jr dies we aint doin nothing...and the raiders gotta get thrown in there to...wow two crappy once pround franchises...two senial old owners..wow thats a first in one of my posts

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    I'm looking forward to seeing what 3D will do. All reports indicate that the team sees promise in him, mind you they kept him on the 53-man roster for the entire season after snatching him on waivers once the Bengals cut him in their final roster cuts. Anyody who saw him play in the pre-season with the Bengals could see why the Colts like him.

I think it's very possible that the Colts choose to operate with Addai and 3D. The team also signed Kenton Keith from the CFL, and there are some solid mid-round backs in this year's Draft, so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds by the time the season starts.

Whoever is on the roster will have the benefit of runningbacks coach Gene Huey, who has been a mainstay for the Colts for over 15 years and has coached Marshall Faulk to Edgerrin James to Dominic Rhodes to Joseph Addai. Another case where the Colts have been very forutnate to have consistent, quality coaching - something that is overlooked today imo.

Leave a comment:

• tylerb929
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    if the Colts still plan on working with two backs
    Breakout RB: DeDe Dorsey

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    I definitely agree with the Cedric Benson mention, that boy is a beast waiting for more touches and is a perfect fit for that team/city. I'd probably put Brandon Jacobs close behind, I think Droughns will help keep him fresh for the entirety of a season but won't steal too many carries from the big guy.

Re: Joseph Addai, even though he didn't start a regular season game last year, he did get a majority of the carries and even more than that, he was on the field for a majority of the time whether or not he touched the ball (especially pass blocking). So I'm not sure if any natural improvement from a very productive rookie year can be considerd a "break-out," if the Colts still plan on working with two backs to keep both guys reasonably fresh for the end of the year.
    Last edited by Geo; 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SeanTaylorRIP
    replied
    People will see with all the money they wasted that Wali Lundy is the best back on their roster.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    DeAngelo, he's going to take the starting job and then explode in the ZBS.

Leave a comment:

• RWFender1
    replied
    Laurance Maroney
    Reggie Bush (i see him getting more carries on the ground next year)
    Marshawn Lynch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information