Drew Beldsoe retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    A little off topic but still involves an old retired QB, I love Rich Gannon.
    Boy do I ever miss the Cannon. Him paired with one of my favorite players ever in Tim Brown was simply magical. I was so disheartened when he f'ed up in the Super Bowl. He won me several fantasy seasons and was always great to watch. Another guy I miss, Mr. Steve Beuerlein.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Boy do I ever miss the Cannon. Him paired with one of my favorite players ever in Tim Brown was simply magical. I was so disheartened when he f'ed up in the Super Bowl. He won me several fantasy seasons and was always great to watch. Another guy I miss, Mr. Steve Beuerlein.
      He's lost 26 lbs on the Nutrisystem diet you know

Comment

I was somewhat of a Raider fan then. A couple years before they went to the superbowl I started following them a bit. Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and Jerry Rice on the same team. Then they lose the superbowl, sign Warren Sapp loose Rice, Gannon, and Brown, trade for Moss . That dropped me from liking them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          He's lost 26 lbs on the Nutrisystem diet you know
          I was very happy to see him once again, even if it meant looking at Shula's and Marino's guts.

Comment

I was somewhat of a Raider fan then. A couple years before they went to the superbowl I started following them a bit. Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and Jerry Rice on the same team. Then they lose the superbowl, sign Warren Sapp loose Rice, Gannon, and Brown, trade for Moss . That dropped me from liking them at all.
            I was really a big fan of Gruden as well as Gannon and Brown back then. My interest had started to fade after they lost him, but Gannon having such a great year that season certainly kept me interested. I like the Raiders still but their coach lineage has really been driving me away and their ineptness just saddens me sometimes. I'm a fan of their secondary but my interest just isn't the same in the team. Call it fairweatherness if you will, it just might be. I don't care, the team is 3000 miles away from me. Either way I miss Gannon.

Comment

I was really a big fan of Gruden as well as Gannon and Brown back then. My interest had started to fade after they lost him, but Gannon having such a great year that season certainly kept me interested. I like the Raiders still but their coach lineage has really been driving me away and their ineptness just saddens me sometimes. I'm a fan of their secondary but my interest just isn't the same in the team. Call it fairweatherness if you will, it just might be. I don't care, the team is 3000 miles away from me. Either way I miss Gannon.
              Not only did I like Gannon as a player, but a broadcaster aswell. He did one of our preaseason games and i thought he did very well. Better than some of those crap guys on Fox. I'd like to see him call more games.

Comment

Not only did I like Gannon as a player, but a broadcaster aswell. He did one of our preaseason games and i thought he did very well. Better than some of those crap guys on Fox. I'd like to see him call more games.
                Exactly, I forgot to mention that. I was a big fan of Gannon the broadcaster.

Comment

Bledsoe really gave us some great football to watch, and for that I will always respect him. Has been a very good quarterback in the league for a long time.

That said, there is no way he makes the hall. He has nowhere near the required profile to be a serious threat.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    A question worth pondering...is he a HOF qb?
                    I think he has a chance. He was one of the fastest to get to 40,000 yards, he has nine 3000 yard passing seasons which is tied with Warren Moon for 4th all time, he's 7th all time in yards passed, 13th in TD's and 5th in completions. He brought the Pats to their second Super Bowl, and subbed for an injured Tom Brady and actually won the AFC title game to get them to the Super Bowl against the Rams. So even though he may not have played in that game, he certainly did his part to earn his ring.

Accomplishments

He currently ranks fifth all-time in career attempts and completions, and is seventh all-time in career passing yardage. He is tied with John Hadl and Peyton Manning for 13th all-time in career touchdown passes. Among active quarterbacks, he stands second behind only Brett Favre in career completions, attempts and passing yards. He and Manning are tied for second behind Favre in career touchdowns. In 2000, he became just the fourth quarterback in league history to have seven consecutive 3,000-yard passing seasons. In 2005, he recorded his ninth career 3,000-yard passing season, tying him with Warren Moon for fourth in NFL history. In 2005 he also became just the 10th player in NFL history to reach the 40,000 passing yard plateau, reaching the mark in his 172nd career game, the fifth fastest player to reach that milestone. Bledsoe holds the NFL record for pass attempts in a season with 691 in 1994 and also has the third best mark with 636 in 1995, those marks coming during a three-year span (1994-96) that he led the league in pass attempts. He also holds the league record for pass attempts (70) and completions (45) in a game, setting the mark against Minnesota on Nov. 13, 1994. In that game, he also threw no interceptions, setting a league mark for pass attempts in a game without an interception. His 400 completions in 1994 are the third best total in league history, and he is also tied for fourth in NFL history with six 400-yard passing games. In 1993-94 he had a string of four-straight 300-yard passing games, the sixth longest streak in league history. In his career, Bledsoe has four overtime touchdown passes, the most in NFL history.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bledsoe

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      That said, there is no way he makes the hall. He has nowhere near the required profile to be a serious threat.
                      Oh, he certainly does have the profile as I just posted. I just think these last few years have jaded people on just how good he was. I agree that I wouldn't be shocked to see him not get in, but he is going to be borderline either way.

He also played with some pretty bad teams...

Comment

Good choice, tank empty, good career

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

He was a good QB, lets remember him for that, not his crappy years.

Comment

and we bid adieu to the man who went through his reads about as fast as a woman trying to decide what to wear...

seriously, did he have an endorsement with Rolex because he certainly took his sweet ass time in the pocket...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                              Pretty good career. Hey, he even got a ring! Thanks, Tom.
                              Thank the defense, Brady didnt get him the ring. They did. Brady had 1 TD in the whole post season that year and more INTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                                Thank the defense, Brady didnt get him the ring. They did. Brady had 1 TD in the whole post season that year and more INTs.
                                And still won Super Bowl MVP!!

And actually, your math skills are horrible. He had two TD's that post season, one rushing, one passing, and only one INT. So where is the "yet more INT's" and "only 1 TD in the whole post season?"

Considering he only played two games and a half games (and was 12-18 with 115 yards in the Pitt game), and one of them was in torrential snowfall, and the offense as a whole only scored three TD's, the special teams two and the defense one... I'd say Brady more than did his part.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information