No announcement yet.

Drew Beldsoe retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not saying bledsoe belongs in the hall either, all im saying is that he is on the fringe. you cant just ignore all of the stats that he accrued over his career. he was a very very good quarterback for some time, and u have to look at the teams that he played for. most of the new england teams he played for were pathetic, particularly up front and at runing back. and unlike some people, i do have the ability to objectively look at a player from my team (even though he left) and i agree that he is no way a lock for the hall, my only argument is that he should not be immediatley written off like many people here have done
    Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Are you completely ********?

1. I am sure Buffalo traded a first round pick to their division rival the Patriots hoping to get one good year out of him.

2. There were years where Bledsoe was better than every QB on that list, and also, he many of those guys were gone at various points in Bledsoe's career.

3. Bledsoe's numbers are FAR superior to those of Ken Anderson. Bad example.

4. I have already established that, purely based on production at the position, Drew Bledsoe was better than Troy Aikman. If Aikman didn't win Super Bowls, he wouldn't be nearly as revered. Not saying Aikman was bad, just saying that Bledsoe in his prime was better.

5. Having never thrown for 28 TD's and still ranking in the top 15 to ever play the position in TD passes speaks for the consistency Bledsoe had over his career.

6. Bledsoe had less talent around him then most of the guys you listed.

7. I AM NOT EVEN SAYING BLEDSOE 100% BELONGS IN THE HALL, JUST THAT THE ARGUMENT CAN BE MADE.

8. There would not be a New England Patriots if it were not for Drew Bledsoe. That has to, and will, count for something.

I have never interacted with you before, but it is very clear why you are thought of so negatively. Learn to read and when you come up with comparisons, find good ones.
      Hey I said Aikman would never have been in the Hall of Fame yet if it was not for his Super Bowl wins.

Your arguements for Bledsoe can also be applied to Vinnie Testeverde. Does Testeverde belong in the Hall of Fame.

Buffalo traded two first round draft picks for him. Then the after the 2nd year they drafted a QB in the first round. That was an admission they overpayed for Bledsoe. They got one good year of of him. That doesn't help Bledsoe's case.

Bledsoe was benched in both seasons he was with the Cowboys.

Ken Anderson finished in the top career stats when he retired. He also was more regarded when he played than Bledsoe. He also held passing records for a time when he played. Bledsoe never did.

And there would have still been the New England Patriots if Bledsoe didn't play. Last time I checked, Hartford, CT was in New England.

You have a better chance of seeing the real Santa Claus than seeing Drew Bledsoe in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

the patriots only received one first rounder for bledsoe, not two.

Comment

and he wasn't benched his first year in dallas.

Comment

And they would have moved to St. Louis well before Hartford.

0-3

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              And they would have moved to St. Louis well before Hartford.

0-3
              Um. The Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995. Bledsoe came to the Patriots in 1993. The Patriots were rumoured to be moving in 1992. Your years don't add up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots

And Bill Parcells brought interest back to the franchise, not Bledsoe.

And he aint going into the Hall of Fame. He will be lucky to ever make the top 15 finalists.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                Um. The Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995. Bledsoe came to the Patriots in 1993. The Patriots were rumoured to be moving in 1992. Your years don't add up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots

And Bill Parcells brought interest back to the franchise, not Bledsoe.

And he aint going into the Hall of Fame. He will be lucky to ever make the top 15 finalists.
                The Patriots possible move to St. Louis ended in 1994, opening the door for another team to move there. It made perfect sense.

Comment

Let's just be happy he didn't do what Emmit Smith did. Bledsoe retired in his prime

Comment

Bledsoe was the face of the franchise for so many years, not parcells. a player, particularly a quarterback, inspires more hope in a fan base, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                      Bledsoe was the face of the franchise for so many years, not parcells. a player, particularly a quarterback, inspires more hope in a fan base, IMO

A Hall of Fame bound coach will inspire a franchise more than an immolbile human statue. Bledsoe was never considered to be an exciting QB unless you were a fan of the opposing team and you wanted your star defensive player pad his sack total.

Comment

Originally posted by mfkrush View Post
                        Let's just be happy he didn't do what Emmit Smith did. Bledsoe retired in his prime
                        Buffalo and Cowboy fans would say Bledsoe's prime past him by several seasons ago.

Comment

A Hall of Fame bound coach will inspire a franchise more than an immolbile human statue. Bledsoe was never considered to be an exciting QB unless you were a fan of the opposing team and you wanted your star defensive player pad his sack total.
                          He was absolutley considered to be an exciting QB. He could throw the deep ball and change a game, and he won us alot more games than we did before he came. When bledsoe went down, many people (myself included, i'll admit it) thought we were done for the year, as he was the centerpiece of our offense, which shows how much he meant to the team before he got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                            He was absolutley considered to be an exciting QB. He could throw the deep ball and change a game, and he won us alot more games than we did before he came. When bledsoe went down, many people (myself included, i'll admit it) thought we were done for the year, as he was the centerpiece of our offense, which shows how much he meant to the team before he got hurt.
                            The Patriots were 0-2 when Bledsoe went down. That was not a good way to start. His previous 2 years with the Pats weren't his best either.

And how many of the wins were the result of Bill Parcells and Bill Belichuk.

Drew Bledsoe was an above average NFL QB. No doubt about it. Hall of Famer. No way. Notice how the only ones here that are saying he is a Hall of Famer are from Mass. Pure homerism.
                            Last edited by eacantdraft; 04-14-2007, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Drew Bledsoe was an above average NFL QB. No doubt about it. Hall of Famer. No way. Notice how the only ones here that are saying he is a Hall of Famer are from Mass. Pure homerism.
                              i'm from louisiana.

Comment

The Patriots were 0-2 when Bledsoe went down. That was not a good way to start. His previous 2 years with the Pats weren't his best either.

And how many of the wins were the result of Bill Parcells and Bill Belichuk.

the pats started out 0-2 when they went to the superbowl in 96-97

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information