• Show
Clear All

I have to go with the St. Louis native.

Comment

Collinsworth>Everyone else.
      Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        if my life hung in the balance, i'd take buck. theismann is an absolute joke. he couldn't have made more excuses for the mistake tonight.

but really, the only right answer is "neither".
        I thoaught they taught yuo modds howe two spelle, o welle.... :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
          if my life hung in the balance, i'd take buck. theismann is an absolute joke. he couldn't have made more excuses for the mistake tonight.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neither

?

Comment

I think I might be the only person in the world that doesn't mind Joe Buck.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Joe Buck is tolerable. Give me Bob Costas any day of the week though.
              Bob Costas is the best sports analyst right now IMO. I actually really like the Sunday Night Football thing NBC has going on. I like Costas, Sharpe, Bettis, Michaels, Madden, and Collinsworth (although Chris does get on my nerves sometimes and Madden can be a little clueless) but I'd take them over Michael Irvin any day of the week.
              Madden?!?!? The same guy who after an interception replies "That was not a good pass"?
              He's better than Theisman....Madden like I said can be clueless, but back in the day he was a very good analyst, so it's excusable IMO. And it's not like pulling teeth to hear him commentate like it is with Theisman.

So dhvf, you're telling me that you'd take Irvin over Madden?

:shock:
              No, I just love making fun of John Madden aka Captain Obvious aka Brett Favre's Ballsucker aka Sir Spam aka Fat Slob
              SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

?
                Damn, that's one pwn for njx...ZING...You mean to tell me I've been spelling neither wrong my entire life? :shock:

Must be a midwest thing...

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

?
                  i was actually just gonna do the same exact thing. Great minds think alike.

Never question njx's spelling... he'll just dominate you so hard that you won't be shittin right for a week.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                    I think I might be the only person in the world that doesn't mind Joe Buck.
                    Nope, I'm with ya. I really don't mind Joe Buck at all. That makes two of us I guess...

Comment

?
                      Damn, that's one pwn for njx...ZING...You mean to tell me I've been spelling neither wrong my entire life? :shock:

Must be a midwest thing...
                      heh, i was a bit surprised... could be worse, you could be like the good folks of new england who somehow have not only learned but gained acceptance for spelling "milkshake" as "frappe".

Comment

I hate Theismann and Buck equally. I miss Madden and Summerall, they were the best. Buck spends too much time trying to get himself over at the expense of the the game with stupid jokes. The best now is definitely Michaels and Madden. How could you not like John Madden, sure he doesn't really make sense half the time but he's an institution, a game doesn't feel like a big game unless Madden's calling it and saying "BOOM". I'm a little bias but I love Michael Irvin, he's certainly better and more entertaining than someone like Cris Collinsworth and besides Michael helps bring in the black demographic as they relate to him and he relates to them moreso than probably any other analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by dpl85
                          I hate Theismann and Buck equally. I miss Madden and Summerall, they were the best. Buck spends too much time trying to get himself over at the expense of the the game with stupid jokes. The best now is definitely Michaels and Madden. How could you not like John Madden, sure he doesn't really make sense half the time but he's an institution, a game doesn't feel like a big game unless Madden's calling it and saying "BOOM". I'm a little bias but I love Michael Irvin, he's certainly better and more entertaining than someone like Cris Collinsworth and besides Michael helps bring in the black demographic as they relate to him and he relates to them moreso than probably any other analyst.
                          Summerall did a game I believe a year or two ago and he was really bad. He didn't know what was going on and he messed up every 2 minutes. I felt really bad for him. I think the combination of old age and the alcohol really got to him.

Comment

Summerall did a game I believe a year or two ago and he was really bad. He didn't know what was going on and he messed up every 2 minutes. I felt really bad for him. I think the combination of old age and the alcohol really got to him.
                            I didn't think Pat was bad even then. The great thing about Pat was that he didn't make the mistake that a lot of play by play men make by talking too much. You don't have to describe every little thing as it's not like most football fans are blind.

Comment

I didn't think Pat was bad even then. The great thing about Pat was that he didn't make the mistake that a lot of play by play men make by talking too much. You don't have to describe every little thing as it's not like most football fans are blind.
                              I watched the game where he sat in for Mike Patrick who was out with some health problems and I'm sorry to say but Pat was not doing well. At least from my perspective at least. He got lost many times, mispronounced names, and went speechless a couple times as well. In fact, if I remember correctly I think McGuire had to call one of the plays because Pat was lost.

Pat was one of the best though back in the day.

Comment

I watched the game where he sat in for Mike Patrick who was out with some health problems and I'm sorry to say but Pat was not doing well. At least from my perspective at least. He got lost many times, mispronounced names, and went speechless a couple times as well. In fact, if I remember correctly I think McGuire had to call one of the plays because Pat was lost.

Pat was one of the best though back in the day.
                                Well Pat's going to call one of the BCS games this year, I don't remember the name of it but I'm pretty sure it's the one in Dallas as he lives in the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information