No announcement yet.

Edgerrin James: Minor Knee Surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the fullback thing will be something to watch, also. I'm sure he's played with a fullback in Miami and in high school, but in the NFL all he's known is the 2 TE with the stretch/slant as the bread and butter. Whisenhunt will want to use fullback leads more, which is not what Edge is used to.

I was wrong about him. Not that he would be successful in Arizona - I thought he was going to suck, which he did. I thought he was going to be an adverse effect to the Indy offense. As seen by their rings, they didn't skip a beat.

No surgery is good surgery in the short term. Especially for Edge.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Barry Sanders had the best season of his career in 1997 when the Lions gave him the first pure-blocking fullback of his career, rushing for 2,053 yards at the age of 29, but Edge's game isn't find a hole for a breakaway run. It's split-second analyzing of the line and making the most of out of something, which is why he has exceled in a one-back set.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Barry Sanders had the best season of his career in 1997 when the Lions gave him the first pure-blocking fullback of his career, rushing for 2,053 yards at the age of 29, but Edge's game isn't find a hole for a breakaway run. It's split-second analyzing of the line and making the most of out of something, which is why he has exceled in a one-back set.
        Fullbacks are generally for RBs who lack great vision. Barry Sanders, contrary to popular belief, had horrible vision. Thats why when he had a lead blocker who was able to show him the way, he was able to maximize his abilities.

NFL films broke down Barry once very well. He consistently hit the wrong hole and would get greedy and instead of taking a 5 yard gain, would instead dance in the backfield and lose 2 in an attempt to break a 60 yard run.

When he finally had a fullback to show him his initial cut, he was able to do wonders.

Funny thing is, he requested a FB his whole career. The moronic coaches didn't want to give him one. Even after that season, they took the FB away from him!

And we wonder why he retired early. He was fed up with Detroit. He wanted nothing to do with them anymore. If Detroit was willing to trade him, he wouldve played elsewhere.

Comment

hopefully it isnt anything serious

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information