Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offense or Defense Wins Championships????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offense or Defense Wins Championships????

O or D???

i believe offense, colts got to the playoffs last year basically because of there offense. Oakland was the worst team in the NFL last year but had one of the top ranked defenses. sure the ravens and steelers make you think defense wins championships but offense can truly dominate if you have a dominating offense.

Good arguement, look at the '04 Skins, they had the 2nd ranked D, but no offense and went 6-10
    Most people say though that Offense wins games and defense wins championships

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

It's a combination of the two. One doesn't work without the other.

Comment

i think u need both, patriots wouldnt have won without their signal caller, nor would they of won without their defense

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
          It's a combination of the two. One doesn't work without the other.
          Yeah, this has come up before I think too in another thread. Very rarely does a team that relies solely on offense or defense win the big one. If you can't stop anyone you wont win. If you cant score on anyone, you wont win. You don't have to be dominant at both, but you gotta be pretty damn good at both.

Comment

Obviously you can't win with one without the other. The Raiders last year is a terrible example, because words do not even come near to describing that offense. Look at a team like the bears, they got to the super bowl last year with Rex Grossman at QB. While there offense wasn't stellar, it was able to control the ball, and score when they were supposed to score.

The defense controls the game, but do that in full effect, it needs an offense to, at the very least, generate yardage.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
              Yeah, this has come up before I think too in another thread. Very rarely does a team that relies solely on offense or defense win the big one. If you can't stop anyone you wont win. If you cant score on anyone, you wont win. You don't have to be dominant at both, but you gotta be pretty damn good at both.
              Yeah, to an extent. An average offense and great defense will get you farther than a great offense and average defense.

Comment

Indy's D played pretty excellent in the playoffs

Comment

Neither; teams win championships not Offense or Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Yeah, to an extent. An average offense and great defense will get you farther than a great offense and average defense.
                    True. Both of those scenarios would get you far though. Defense would probably carry more weight, because a team can find many ways to score (Special teams, interceptions, fumble recoveries, field goals) but only one real way to lock down the other team. Still, You can't just be great at one thing...usually.

Comment

Deffense wins games, offense sells tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                        Deffense wins games, offense sells tickets.
                        Well that's a corruption of the original saying. I've heard the tickets part for offense, but defense always wins championships in the sayings.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

i think they have to be balenced to be a great team for example the steelers has a top ranked defence and a running game to they both helped each other

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

you need both in order win it all. But if you have a great defense, then you just need an offense that wont mess up and turn it over, same goes for a strong offesive team.

Comment

The Colts' offense got them to the playoffs, but the defense was why they finally won.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information