Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offense or Defense Wins Championships????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
    The Colts' offense got them to the playoffs, but the defense was why they finally won.
    But if it wasn't for there offense they would have lost to the Pats. The Colts had both, in 3 of the games the defense carried the team, but the offense did eat up yardage with the run and take alot of time off the clock. If the Colts had been behand in any of those games in the second half the offense would have been alot different and might have put up a bunch of points for another comeback.
    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      Well that's a corruption of the original saying. I've heard the tickets part for offense, but defense always wins championships in the sayings.
      Offense wins games, defense wins championships sounds more like it

Comment

Neither. Teams win Championships. The Colts won this year because the team played with great chemistry. The Defense stepped up when it needed to in the playoffs, and Peyton and the offense took what the defense gave them.
        INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

No way Indy would have a had a chance to win the Super Bowl if they're defense didn't step up in the playoffs. A weak D is why they were never able to make it to the Super Bowl before.

Comment

Why do ppl foget about ST? the Pats won all there SB in the 20s because of ST, the packers won there sb in 96 because of ST. You also need a pretty soild ST.

Comment

Definitely defense. Without a doubt.

Comment

Dominating Defense. Efficient Offense.

Comment

Can't win a game without scoring any points. Can win a game without giving up any points.

Comment

It has to be a complete team, don't forget about half of the Bears offense was special teams and Hester giving them great field position if not scoring himself. You can not put Defense above Offense or vise versa, you must have a complete team.

Comment

Didnt the SB Ravens go the entire month of October without scoring a TD?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas7399 View Post
                        Didnt the SB Ravens go the entire month of October without scoring a TD?
                        Something like that.

I think it's a bit stating the obvious to say that you need a complete team to win a championship. I guess the argument is if you would rather have a great defense and average offense, or vice versa (as someone pointed out earlier).

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Defense wins championships.... the colts are perfect example of this, they've had a great offence for years but they didn't put it all together until this year in he playoffs when their D became good/great.

Comment

Thus far there has never been a team who cannot play defense, who has won the Super Bowl. The inverse, i.e the Ravens of '00, have actually occurred. For those who mention the Colts, their Defense played fabulous in the playoff run.

Comment

As others have mentioned, you cannot have an elite defense with no offense or vice versa. The offense needs to at least be able to move the ball in key situations to get their defense some rest, and obviously to score points. The examples of the '04 skins isn't really valid because their offense was so bad that the defense couldn't make up for it. At the same time, you can't win every shoot out you get in, and you wont be able to score 30 points every game, i.e. the colts during the patriots back-to-back superbowls
                              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

A great defense and a game managing offense, and a good special teams wins SBs.
                                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information