Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offense or Defense Wins Championships????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder&Lightning
    started a topic Offense or Defense Wins Championships????

Offense or Defense Wins Championships????

O or D???

i believe offense, colts got to the playoffs last year basically because of there offense. Oakland was the worst team in the NFL last year but had one of the top ranked defenses. sure the ravens and steelers make you think defense wins championships but offense can truly dominate if you have a dominating offense.

• mfkrush
    replied
    As a Bears fan I can answer this.

Defense gets you to the championship, and then the offense blows it!

Leave a comment:

• doingthisinsteadofwork
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas7399 View Post
    Didnt the SB Ravens go the entire month of October without scoring a TD?
    I beleive they went the entire month without scoring a TD offensively.

Leave a comment:

• niel89
    replied
    maybe........

Leave a comment:

• doingthisinsteadofwork
    replied
    A great defense and a game managing offense, and a good special teams wins SBs.

Leave a comment:

• Bigburt63
    replied
    As others have mentioned, you cannot have an elite defense with no offense or vice versa. The offense needs to at least be able to move the ball in key situations to get their defense some rest, and obviously to score points. The examples of the '04 skins isn't really valid because their offense was so bad that the defense couldn't make up for it. At the same time, you can't win every shoot out you get in, and you wont be able to score 30 points every game, i.e. the colts during the patriots back-to-back superbowls

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Thus far there has never been a team who cannot play defense, who has won the Super Bowl. The inverse, i.e the Ravens of '00, have actually occurred. For those who mention the Colts, their Defense played fabulous in the playoff run.

Leave a comment:

• energizerbunny
    replied
    Defense wins championships.... the colts are perfect example of this, they've had a great offence for years but they didn't put it all together until this year in he playoffs when their D became good/great.

Leave a comment:

• The Unseen
    replied
    Something like that.

I think it's a bit stating the obvious to say that you need a complete team to win a championship. I guess the argument is if you would rather have a great defense and average offense, or vice versa (as someone pointed out earlier).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It has to be a complete team, don't forget about half of the Bears offense was special teams and Hester giving them great field position if not scoring himself. You can not put Defense above Offense or vise versa, you must have a complete team.

Leave a comment:

• yodabear
    replied
    Can't win a game without scoring any points. Can win a game without giving up any points.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Dominating Defense. Efficient Offense.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Definitely defense. Without a doubt.

Leave a comment:

• PACKmanN
    replied
    Why do ppl foget about ST? the Pats won all there SB in the 20s because of ST, the packers won there sb in 96 because of ST. You also need a pretty soild ST.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information