Where should the NFL expand next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should the NFL expand next?

Another football board I use posted a similar question, so I bring it here.

Let's say that the NFL has decided to expand again. To what cities should they grant teams?

Please don't say Los Angeles, because it won't happen. A team will move there in the near future. It will be either Oakland (after Al Davis dies and his heirs have to sell the team) or Jacksonville that moves.

Also, Toronto will be covered when Ralph Wilson moves the Bills there in the next decade, so avoid that too.

Nowhere. The league is watered down enough. We don't need another team to water it down some more. Id like to see us get rid of 2 teams honestly. It will bring more competition and better play to the league.

Hmmm....if I had to choose, I say it should be a southern/midwestern state that has a huge football fanbase but no NFL team.

Nebraska or Alabama?

No LA. They don't deserve a team.

Comment

Their are already enough teams. The more teams, the more watered down the talent becomes. Plus, some teams only play each other every 4 years now. It would only get worse with more teams. Keep it the way it is.

Comment

Las Vegas! Sooner or later a major sports league is going to have to recognize that market. I doubt it will be the NFL, probably the NHL before anyone.

San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.

Comment

I really cant think of any city where there should be an expansion team.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Give Milwaukee a football team; Wisconsin loves football!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Las Vegas! Sooner or later a major sports league is going to have to recognize that market. I doubt it will be the NFL, probably the NHL before anyone.

San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.
              Can you imagine the type of trouble athletes will get into if they played for Vegas?

The NBA allstar weekend there was thugz mansion. Imagine having a team there. Im highly opposed to the idea.

Comment

Yeah I'd agree with almost every other poster here, it's already getting to spread out that it makes it hard for games to stay competitive, and teams to face each other. 32 is a good number, lets leave it at that.

Comment

Kentucky maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Milwaukee has a football team. It's called the Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Can you imagine the type of trouble athletes will get into if they played for Vegas?

The NBA allstar weekend there was thugz mansion. Imagine having a team there. Im highly opposed to the idea.
                      Oh I don't doubt that for a minute, and that is exactly why all four major sports have stayed away.

Comment

I really don't want another team. 32 is fine, it keeps the confeerences and divisions with an equal number of teams. And if it is anywhere it sure as hell better not be LA, they have had there chance and California already has 3 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                          Milwaukee has a football team. It's called the Packers.
                          There own football team; the Packers are the city of Green Bay and Milkwaukee fans get 2 regular season games a year, but there are over 50,000 people in Wisconsin that wantr season tickets so it wouldn't be a problem to fill another stadium

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            Woah, woah, woah, back up there. WTF did you just say

Comment

sacramento

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information