• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    Woah, woah, woah, back up there. WTF did you just say
    Just kdding around but they would give better fan support than Jacksonville

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      I'd be pissed if they gave Milwaukee a team(I realizr it'll never happen). They would fail miserably. We love our Packers and would not leave them for an expansion team.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        I'd be pissed if they gave Milwaukee a team(I realizr it'll never happen). They would fail miserably. We love our Packers and would not leave them for an expansion team.
        Probably taking things a little too literal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I'm not anti-expansion, and I don't really think the league would be that watered down if they added another two teams, but I am not necessarily for it either.

Two other cities that would have to be considered are Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City. Who was under consideration when the Jaguars and Panthers were added? I know St. Louis and Memphis were, and both are no longer options now. I feel bad for Memphis. They REALLY wanted an NFL team. I remember living there for about a year when I was 11 and there was a huge brick building at least five floors high that had the NFL logo painted on it and had a message to the commissioner on it. I think it was Rozelle at the time, but I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            Jacksonville did much better this year. They sold all the tickets they had available. I don't think they will ever move and I think the town is one good playoff run away from really falling in love with the NFL. Seeing how pumped they got for the Monday night game against Pittsburgh was amazing. They didn't even need to cover the seats for that game...

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
              Kentucky maybe?
              CIncy is on the border of Kentucky and Ohio

Anyway the jaguars should move to......

VIRGINIA BEACH VIRGINIA
              Ottawa might be a good choice for the Bills since Ottawa lost their football team

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

That Pittsburgh game was electric. The Steelers fans that were there did all they could to support their team... but the were slowly silenced as their team was pounded into submission.

After that game, I've never felt the team be so excited for the team. Not since the '96 playoff run.

The city is growing. The fans are growing more loyal despite a lack of a winning season--- ticket renewals are occurring at a significantly higher percentage this year then they did last year.

The Jags need to go deep into the playoffs. If they find their way into the Super Bowl in the next 3 years, you won't be able to pry this team out of Jacksonville with any amount of money.

Comment

Duval County-850,000
                  Hampton Roads area-1,500,000

If JAX does go deep in the playoffs, sure they'll stay, but in the next 5 years things dont turn out to well, odds arent in their favor

Comment

I agree with most everybody that the NFL should not expand anymore......talent is watered down as is.

If I were to select a market to move to though, it would probably be Portland, OR.....give the Seahawks at least one reasonably close away game per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      I'm not anti-expansion, and I don't really think the league would be that watered down if they added another two teams, but I am not necessarily for it either.

Two other cities that would have to be considered are Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City. Who was under consideration when the Jaguars and Panthers were added? I know St. Louis and Memphis were, and both are no longer options now. I feel bad for Memphis. They REALLY wanted an NFL team. I remember living there for about a year when I was 11 and there was a huge brick building at least five floors high that had the NFL logo painted on it and had a message to the commissioner on it. I think it was Rozelle at the time, but I can't remember.
                      That's a good thought but I suspect the NFL would consider both of those to be too small to support a team. Paul Tagliabue announced a couple of years ago that San Antonio was too small a market for a team, and they are the 7th largest city in the U.S. While I don't exactly where SLC ranks on that list, I know San Antonio is a lot bigger than OKC.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Ottawa might be a good choice for the Bills since Ottawa lost their football team
                        THe only place that a Canadian team could ever exist is in Toronto( and i doubt that even happens)

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          Duval County-850,000
                          Hampton Roads area-1,500,000

If JAX does go deep in the playoffs, sure they'll stay, but in the next 5 years things dont turn out to well, odds arent in their favor
                          You do realize that about four or five counties make up Jacksonville, right? Duval, Clay, Baker, St. Johns... Jacksonville is geographically the largest city in America.

Comment

Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                            That's a good thought but I suspect the NFL would consider both of those to be too small to support a team. Paul Tagliabue announced a couple of years ago that San Antonio was too small a market for a team, and they are the 7th largest city in the U.S. While I don't exactly where SLC ranks on that list, I know San Antonio is a lot bigger than OKC.
                            SLC has the Mormons and they have $$$. That was my train of thought there...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas7399 View Post
                              I agree with most everybody that the NFL should not expand anymore......talent is watered down as is.

If I were to select a market to move to though, it would probably be Portland, OR.....give the Seahawks at least one reasonably close away game per year.
                              Ive heard Portland's a nice city but its a small market, but if a team came to Portland that would be great

Comment

knoxville tennessee. im getting tired of only being able to see vols games.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                                i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                                who dey?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information