Where should the NFL expand next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Actually, we're both wrong, Juneau, Alaska is the biggest geographically, but of the 48 continuous states, it is Jacksonville then Houston. LA is only about 450 sq miles compared to Jacksonville which is about 750.

http://geography.about.com/od/specif.../sitkaarea.htm
    Virginia Beach alone is 302, the whole Hampton Roads area even more

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      Would you stop being a Cowboys fan then?
      Hells no. But another team to root for, when they are not playing the cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        Well, when talking about this land area, it's Duval county only. You can include the surrounding counties for fanbase, but ther reason Jacksonville is largest in the 48 is because the whole (large) county of Duval is included. Other cities only count a smaller area as a city, but are regarded as larger because of population and the massiv greater areas.
        Right, but I am talking about where fans come from. For the Patriots, fans come from Albany, NY and Portland, Maine for the games regularly, and that is the same distance as Orlando is from Jacksonville. The Patriots Stadium is in the middle of nowhere. The Jaguars stadium is smack dab in the middle of downtown Jacksonville. I consider anyone in the 3 hour drive radius of Jacksonville to be their fan base or where they draw from.

And the city limits of Jacksonville is something like 752 sq. miles, which still makes it the biggest. I just listed all the counties surrounding. St. Johns and Clay, if I remember correctly, are the two that tie into the city limits. I was also told in 2005 at the Jacksonville Apartment Association monthly group pow wow that the city was expected to grow 125% by 2010, putting them over 1.5 million just in the city limits. That's why there are new houses and condos being built EVERYWHERE. I guess having Blue Cross and AOL in town paid off haha...

Virginia Beach alone is 302, the whole Hampton Roads area even more
        And the entire Hampton Roads area is still smaller geographically then the city of Jacksonville.

Comment

I don't care where as long as it is not outside of the United States of America!!

Canada removed all the teams from the CFL after Baltimore won the Grey Cup so USA should never allow Canada to have a team.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
            I don't care where as long as it is not outside of the United States of America!!

Canada removed all the teams from the CFL after Baltimore won the Grey Cup so USA should never allow Canada to have a team.
            And it's the National Football League.

Comment

Its a USA sports league, everybody knows it, it should remain in the USA and only the USA.
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                Its a USA sports league, everybody knows it, it should remain in the USA and only the USA.
                Why? There's really no good reason for that. Why would having a Candian NFL team negatively effect the NFL in any way?

Comment

The NBA is a National league but it has a team from Toronto

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                    The NBA is a National league but it has a team from Toronto
                    I know, get the Raptors out of Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      And the entire Hampton Roads area is still smaller geographically then the city of Jacksonville.

Maybe you dont exactly understand

It doesnt look that small to me

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I don't think you're understanding what a three hour radius from Jacksonville is:

I don't dispute that the area is big... but I am pretty confident Jacksonville has just as much or more to work with...

Comment

How did this turn into an argument about land mass? That really has no bearing on an expansion team.

Comment

Toronto!!!!!!!!! im tried of always watching those damn Gaints, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Bills. I want the Packer games!!!!!

Comment

I know, get the Raptors out of Canada!
                              why that? i would rather play for a HOLE Country then a city, and this is Canada team.

Comment

Minnesota....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information