No announcement yet.

Where should the NFL expand next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Red represents the 757 area while yellow is around a 3 hour radius, it maybe a bit exageratted, but i do come up a bit short going north

Also isnt Orlando closer to Tampa...granted Virginia beach is mighty close to Washington, but so's Baltimore and Philly
    Last edited by neko4; 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Las Vegas! Sooner or later a major sports league is going to have to recognize that market. I doubt it will be the NFL, probably the NHL before anyone.

San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.
      Yes Vegas. I could see NHL. The Wranglers have been winning consistently (15 straight games) and there have been lots of fans at the games.

Comment

We dont need any new teams, 32 is fine but....... I want another expansion draft so bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

They need a team in New Mexico, or Nevada

But yeah the NFL is watered down well at least the NFC side is, lets switch some NFC and AFC teams.

JAx moving would suck becuase that is an amazing place to have a SB, like it was with the PAts and Eagles, i think if they move it will be somewhere like Alabama,

Comment

Oklahoma City. It's a large enough city, they've shown they love sports, it's a good place where there aren't many other things going on, and there are no sports team within reasonable travelling distance.

Comment

Detroit needs a pro team. Expand over the Lions. I won't mind.

Comment

The NFL should expand no more.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  The Red represents the 757 area while yellow is around a 3 hour radius, it maybe a bit exageratted, but i do come up a bit short going north

Also isnt Orlando closer to Tampa...granted Virginia beach is mighty close to Washington, but so's Baltimore and Philly
                  You're SOL because of Baltimore and the Redskins. Notice how your three hour radius puts you in both cities? There is no possible way either team would allow for another team that close to theme. Hell, I can guarantee even the Panthers would gripe, and possibly Indy and Philly too.

Comment

I don't think the Hampton Roads area can financially support a team. I don't know the numbers, but I am familiar with the area, and its not the most financially thriving area in the country as far as residents.

I think one area that we are overlooking is Oregon. There is a big interest in football there between Oregon and Oregon St. I'm assuming most in Oregon are Seahawk fans but I would be willing to bet a lot would switch over. Portland might be a little too close to Seattle. Perhaps there is another site that could hold a team within the state.

Comment

I would say Portland. They have a sizeable following for the Blazers and you knwo how crazy Seahawk fans can be, so the dedication and ppl are there its a lack of stadium which is their biggest setback, if they ould get a stadium i bet theyd get serious consideration from the league

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
                        I would say Portland. They have a sizeable following for the Blazers and you knwo how crazy Seahawk fans can be, so the dedication and ppl are there its a lack of stadium which is their biggest setback, if they ould get a stadium i bet theyd get serious consideration from the league
                        As someone who used to live in Portland, a pro Baseball team is more appropriate. They are a lot more of a laissez-faire people, who don't have the intensity of football fans.

Comment

No to an expansion team, but what about league realignment? If you expand, you have to do that again.

Also JAX is doing pretty good for itself as of right now. There is a good rivalry with the Indianapolis Colts which is great for a team that wants to stay in an area. They also have plenty of areas around that brings in good revenue. Daytona, Tallahasse (I believe), Orlando isn't too far off, south Georgia, etc. Florida is a good spot for most teams (sans the Devil Rays---unless they get a new stadium) as there is so much tourism in FL.
                          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

they shouldnt relocate

Originally posted by mythbusta
                            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                            who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I don't think the Hampton Roads area can financially support a team. I don't know the numbers, but I am familiar with the area, and its not the most financially thriving area in the country as far as residents.

I think one area that we are overlooking is Oregon. There is a big interest in football there between Oregon and Oregon St. I'm assuming most in Oregon are Seahawk fans but I would be willing to bet a lot would switch over. Portland might be a little too close to Seattle. Perhaps there is another site that could hold a team within the state.
                              And what about Hampton Roads that makes unable to financially support a team? Have you ever been to Virginia Beach, its changed since the 80's.
                              http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...28home_ls.html

According to Yochum, Virginia Beach is also helped by its strong military economic base. Military areas tend to have less-extreme income distributions (a reason San Diego makes the list as well), and retirees in the area have comfortable military pensions, he says
                              Virginia Beach ranked 4th on Forbe's list. Norfolk and Portsmouth are helped by the shipyards. Williamsburg profits from tourism.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Nowhere.
                                Agreed. (10)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information