Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Derrick Brooks rank among the all time OLBs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Derrick Brooks rank among the all time OLBs?

where do you think he ranks among the great OLBs that ever played?

I can't believe Top 3 is an option. And has 2 votes.

Comment

I'd say he's somwhere between 8-15

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
        I can't believe Top 3 is an option. And has 2 votes.
        i didnt vote top 3, i havent voted at all yet so dont think i voted. And i just put that to see if some people do think that he is top 3.

Comment

I voted Top 20. He was a very good linebacker

Comment

If we're talking all LB positions, its easily top 20 and not even close to top 5. If we're talking about the Will Position or the OLB position for that matter, you can make an argument for top 10.

By the way Tatum was the best Cover 2 (I say that loosely because the Steelers Cover 2 is a little different from todays Cover 2) Will, not Derrick Brooks.

Comment

only OLB

Comment

You really can't ask these all-time questions on here because most people don't remember football pre-1990. The best you can hope for is in the last 15-20 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  You really can't ask these all-time questions on here because most people don't remember football pre-1990. The best you can hope for is in the last 15-20 years.
                  We remember! :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    We're a minority.

Comment

We're a minority.
                      What ever happened to GermaineRace? He was pretty good with old school players. I miss owning him in every debate we had.

Comment

If we're talking all LB positions, its easily top 20 and not even close to top 5. If we're talking about the Will Position or the OLB position for that matter, you can make an argument for top 10.

By the way Tatum was the best Cover 2 (I say that loosely because the Steelers Cover 2 is a little different from todays Cover 2) Will, not Derrick Brooks.
                        I still say Jack Ham is the prototype WLB for a Cover 2 defense.

Really, the only difference between the Cover 2 schemes of the 70s and now is that today you have the Tampa wrinkle, where they drop the MLB into the deep third, making it a Cover 3.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner

Really, the only difference between the Cover 2 schemes of the 70s and now is that today you have the Tampa wrinkle, where they drop the MLB into the deep third, making it a Cover 3.
                          Ham, thats what I meant. Oops, did I say Tatum? He's a safety. I meant Ham.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner

Ham, thats what I meant. Oops, did I say Tatum? He's a safety. I meant Ham.
                            That's more like it.

Comment

We're a minority.
                              What ever happened to GermaineRace? He was pretty good with old school players. I miss owning him in every debate we had.
                              Agreed. He was one of my favorite posters.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information