Should Al Davis retire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Al Davis retire?

IMO one of the biggest reasons the raiders are bad is because of Al Davis, he doesnt like drafting QBs in round 1 but thats what they need. It just seems to me that alot of the raiders failure is because of how he manages the team. And his "Committed to Excelence" and "Win at any cost" mottos aren't working anymore.

It also seems like he isn't in very good health, they showed him earlier in the SNF game and he just looks really bad. I also heard that they almost sold the team to someone else because Al Davis was really sick in the off-season but i think that was just a rumor.

Football is the guys life, he owns the team he can do whatever he wants with them. Yes it would be better for the Raiders, but would it be better for Al Davis?

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

The raiders suck because their oline is garbage and they don't have a good oline coach to motivate guys like Gallery and Grove who actually have talent but it's been squandered.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
        Football is the guys life, he owns the team he can do whatever he wants with them. Yes it would be better for the Raiders, but would it be better for Al Davis?
        probaly not but i just think the guy manages the team worked in the 80s and whatnot but not in todays game.

Comment

Its the o-line thats losing the games. The only time you see flashes of decent play by walter is when the line steps up. Which is usually once or twice a game :?

Comment

Owners can't retire. He should sell the team, because he's running it into the ground, but he won't.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

The raiders should have hired me when they had a chance............

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
                Owners can't retire. He should sell the team, because he's running it into the ground, but he won't.
                Agreed.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Al will never retire period .....the day a new owner will come into play is when Al passes sad to say but its true. The day raiders get a new owner raiders will win again al is very stubborn he likes certain type of coachs and certain type of players he doesnt like trying new things when he did they won (hiring of Gruden). This team definatly was once a proud organization and in the last few years its ruining its legacy which is very sad.

Comment

Retire? :roll:

Anyways, where is the Bruce for OROY thread?

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan

retire/sell w/e same thing.

Comment

I believe Darko is on the Trueblood for OROY bandwagon now. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777

where did i say he should win OROY?

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777

haha

Comment

In the past Davis could hire yes HC's because he worked closely with them and was the defacto HC. His health doesn't permit that anymore and his HC's are on their own. However, Al cann ot stop interfering even though he can no longer take an active part in player training.
                              Yes, he needs to retire from the dat to day decisions of the team and turn the operation over to a competent GM. As long as he is running the ship, the young bright minds coming up in pro football won't work for him. That has become pretty obvious.
                              It is a sad end to a great football mind and Oakland will continue to pay the price until he steps aside.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information