I just want to note that the poll was

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

Votes taken since then are

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.
    and I would like to note that I was one of the original 4 No votes. :D
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Re: Everyone likes the Bears...

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      ....and I don't like it.
      its ok man, i still think the bears suck.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
        ....and I don't like it.
        its ok man, i still think the bears suck.
        I know you do..and I appreciate that.

Oh...and even after last night's disaster..Rex Grossman is STILL leaps and bounds above Brett Favre in terms of performance this year.
        Brett Favre is a joke. 8)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by jealous, closet Favre fan

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
            Originally posted by jealous, closet Favre fan

Comment

....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

I still hope we cream the Cardinals though. :twisted:
              Well, you know my stance on Cover 2. I think it will get exposed in the playoffs, its just too basic. But more importantly, Rex is gonna have that second half slump. We're seeing it happen right now. And everyone on River's jock, get prepared to see the same.

But this team is still the front runner to have homefield advantage. I think the Giants/Bears game will be a good measuring stick to how good they really are. Im looking forward to it.

And to the guys saying that the Bears stole that game...listen.

1. No they didn't. Its a 4 quarter ball game, and Arizona played 3 quarters.

2. Blame the oline, Edge, Neil Rackers and the special teams, thats what lost the game. And poor playcalling.

Comment

Best team so far. Though I have to give the best defense honors to Denver.

Best offensive Bear team I ever saw.

Comment

I had the Bears picked in August so i wouldn't call myself a band-waggoner, but this is October and before i call them the best team i need to see more football...it is way too early.

Sure Rex and the O will evetually have big slump, but as he all have seen that defense can win the game for you.

If the ship goes down, i am going down with it.

Comment

Smith called this a team of destiny. Baaad move.

My preseason pick (Falcons) is not making me look too smart right now, but I'm not hopping on the Bears banwagon for the Super Bowl just yet. I might consider putting the Panthers there.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10

My preseason pick (Falcons) is not making me look too smart right now, but I'm not hopping on the Bears banwagon for the Super Bowl just yet. I might consider putting the Panthers there.
                      Why is that a bad move? He's the head coach..you want your players to think that there is something special going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10

Why is that a bad move? He's the head coach..you want your players to think that there is something special going on.
                        I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't want to use or hear the words "special" or "destiny" 6 weeks into the season.
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I think the Bears are the best team in the NFL right now.

During the 2nd quarter last night, I wouldn't have said that. The operative is "right now."

When the Bears are on their game--like they were in against GB, Detroit, Seattle, and Buffalo--no other team has shown the same versatility and power. Except maybe San Diego and possibly Denver... but I haven't seen much of them play this year.

Consistency is key... if the Bears play at the level they're capable of, it'll be hard for them to lose. Obviously for 3 quarters last night, they didn't play at that level.

The next game will be very interesting. They've got 12 days to rest, recuperate, and figure out what the frick kind of high school team they were playing like in AZ, and bounce back against another "gimme" win. If they roll all over SF like they did in games 1, 2, 4, & 5, then maybe we can agree that the "good" Bears team is the real Bears team. If they eke out another win, maybe it's time to knock them off the pedastal and anoint San Diego.

The problem for a lot of Bears fans is that the last good Bears team was the 1985 (through 1987) squad, so we compare all teams to that impossibly high standard. It's all we've got (at least for those of us who don't need geritol) to compare to... which makes us do stupid things like wonder out loud if this team will run the table.

And, as Madden has said, 1985 was a great year for pro football, and when the Bears are good, the NFL is more fun to watch. That's not just homerism... that's testifying to the largest undivided media market in the country, a media market that is a dedicated football city, a club with a rich historical tradition, and the legacy of one of the most colorful (and greatest) teams of all time.

I drink the Kool-Aid because I want to re-live those years when the Bears were great and football was fun. But I think the 2006 team is really very good. And if they continue to perform, or even improve, I don't think it's being too goofy to be optimistic.

Comment

I do think they're overrated in terms of "hype" but I think their desire to win puts them over the top, they just want it more than every team they play now, everybody knows they had no business winning that game last night, the thing about teams that people think will go undefeated is that always get a wake up call and lose, prime example would be the 85 Bears, but somehow I think they got that wake up call last night and still won. If this team can get through that three game road stretch at the Jets, at the Giants and at the Patriots then they're as for real as everyone thinks they are. But I don't think they will, somebody will figure them out, hell the Cardinals had em figured out last night, the Cards defense looked like Bears Defense.

On a side note, I just realized something, while everybody accuses Packers fans of being homerific, maybe so (we do overrate some of our players) - how come everytime I watch a Chicago news sports segment I hear Super Bowl talk, how come I saw footage last night of people saying "I think we're going all the way, I think the question is who we'll be playing in the Super Bowl" While WATCHING THE GAME AT A SPORTS BAR(should they be talking like that while they're losing?). What about the fans who talk about Ditka like he's the greatest coach ever? All he did was coach a team that won one Super Bowl. He's not even close to being one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time. On top of that, where do you think the famed "Superfans" came from? HOMERISM. I'm not doubting the Bears, in fact before last season I felt something special about that team through training camp, that they weren't gonna be the same old disapointing Bears. But I'm not overrating them either, and it's not because I'm a Packer fan, it's because living in the Chicago suburbs I've seen every one of their games this year start to finish, and most of them last year. I think there's very knowledgeable Bears fans that know this Super Bowl talk isn't right but there's FAR MORE people who are interested when good things happen.

moving on:
                            This has little to do with this post but more to do with the topic. My Dad is a terrible Bears fan(I'm a Packer fan cause of my mom's side) all he did was check the score in previous years, which he still does but he's more "interested from a distance" still checking the score(if he walks past the TV!) , but he talked like he was gonna watch the game last night, even to his friend who's a real fan, but all he did was check the score a few times and went to bed before the game was over. His ass isn't interested in learning the game, in fact, if I had a millon dollars I'd bet that he couldn't name 3 CURRENT BEARS PLAYERS IN 15 SECONDS. I'm always watching sports and all he does is glance at the tv and check the scores and pretend and it pisses me off, our relationship isn't that good so I'd appreciate it if we shared a bond in sports regardless of the teams, just sports in general. Which is a great thing to have. He did the same thing when the Sox won the World Series, didn't watch a single freakin game. You true Bears fans should be ashamed you have numerous people like this pretending to be a part of your cult following. Sorry I felt like I had to vent.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Most Bears fans are gigantic homers, we just happen to have (and have had) a pretty good crop on this site. I agree though, I can't talk to most Bears fans because they have such a vastly inflated view of their own team.

I do disagree that they are unknowledgeable though. Most Bears fans at least know what is going on with their own team, your Dad sounds like an exception. And I'm truely sorry you don't have a better relationship, maybe one day that will change.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
                                I drink the Kool-Aid because I want to re-live those years when the Bears were great and football was fun. But I think the 2006 team is really very good. And if they continue to perform, or even improve, I don't think it's being too goofy to be optimistic.
                                I agree with this for the most part.

All of the

"I can't wait for you to choke in the playoffs"

Is kinda funny to me. If we go 13-3 and lose at home in the NFC Championship game (we have to win at least one game) I will consider the season a huge success. All this Superbowl or bust talk is a little overinflated. I just like to win games and watch my Bears do well. I'd much rather be a Bears fan even if that means watching my team choke in the playoffs than be a Browns fan and not have anything to cheer about at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information