X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
    Originally posted by njx9
    Numbers do not always tell the story, you keep the team the same/intact until he starts actually costing you games, until that happens, you stay the course.
    please watch the broncos/colts this week, then we'll have this discussion again. it's clear you have not yet seen how awful plummer is.
    I understand your frustrations, trust me I do, I'm a cowboys fan. I just dont think it would be wise to make a Qb move. We'll talk again, I'm sure of it.
    sure, i'll welcome it.

on the same discussion, it does make me wonder if anything would've been different for the 'boys sans Romo yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12
      Originally posted by Denver Bronco56
      If he starts it will be a Romo-like performance. Great with the exception of a few plays.
      no offence...but cutler is better then romo by far
      How do you know that? Romo played better than Mr. Cutler in the preseason and I dont think Cutler has thrown a single meaningful pass.

One romo looked like jake plummer in his debut....Cutler is more talented(1st round pick), and i bet when he starts he will play better then romo
      So every 1st round pick is better than all others. Well, that figures with Ryan Leaf being so much better than Tom Brady. :roll: Don't get me wrong, I love Cutler, but we haven't seen him play so don't go off and say he's more talented than anyone for now.
      there is a big difference between being talented and being a good player

some one like Courtney brown had all the talent in the world...but never turned out to be a good player...for w/e reasons...

But he was a 1st rounder becuase he was extremely talented...speed, size, production

some one like leaf...great arm..good size....jut never put it together on the field

Comment

If he starts it will be a Romo-like performance. Great with the exception of a few plays.
        How do you know that? Romo played better than Mr. Cutler in the preseason and I dont think Cutler has thrown a single meaningful pass.

One romo looked like jake plummer in his debut....Cutler is more talented(1st round pick), and i bet when he starts he will play better then romo
        So every 1st round pick is better than all others. Well, that figures with Ryan Leaf being so much better than Tom Brady. :roll: Don't get me wrong, I love Cutler, but we haven't seen him play so don't go off and say he's more talented than anyone for now.

some one like Courtney brown had all the talent in the world...but never turned out to be a good player...for w/e reasons...

But he was a 1st rounder becuase he was extremely talented...speed, size, production

some one like leaf...great arm..good size....jut never put it together on the field
        saying someone will do better or are more talented because they got drafted higher is horrible reasoning

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

You don't get that Plummer's still winning. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk

saying someone will do better or are more talented because they got drafted higher is horrible reasoning
            no its like saying if you drafted a first round WR and he was never really played as your OC doesnt normally start wr rookies..and you are comparing him to a some one else....that 1st round WR is more likely to be more talented...just not a good player yet

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown
              plummer's not winning, he's doing everything he can to lose.

Comment

5-1, looks like he's winning to me. You don't mess with a good thing. You're not winning anything with a rookie QB. You'll probably go one and done if you do.

Comment

5-1, looks like he's winning to me. You don't mess with a good thing. You're not winning anything with a rookie QB. You'll probably go one and done if you do.
                  when you go to the playoffs every single year, it no longer becomes enough to just go. plummer can't win in the playoffs. if you watched last year, champ won that game. the defense won it. just like every game this year. i know you're a browns fan so you must have watched last week. your defense would've had 6 ints if they hadn't suddenly developed brick-hands. we would've lost had that happened. jake literally threw the ball directly to five seperate browns players and threw into quintuple (yes, quintuple) coverage on two other occasions. that is not a winning quarterback. that's a man lucky to be playing in denver where the defense is the only reason he's not 0-6. one would think that, since jake doesn't play defense, the defense would likely not play worse if cutler were the starter or if van pelt came back or if we traded for tom brady. the only difference would be that we would likely score more than 12 points per game.

Comment

Jay should have been starting since the beginning of the year.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                      Jay should have been starting since the beginning of the year.
                      8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Plummer remains starting quarterback... for now

DENVER -- Jake Plummer will remain the Denver Broncos
                        quarterback -- at least for another week.

Mike Shanahan had a chance to quiet the escalating Plummer-Jay
                        Cutler debate Monday, but didn't exactly give Plummer a ringing
                        endorsement.

"It's not my job to share with you if I want to make a change
                        at any position," Shanahan said. "When we do make a decision,
                        we'll make the decision in the best interest of our organization. I
                        will tell you this -- Jake Plummer will be our quarterback against
                        Indy."

Plummer's recent woes has led to speculation that the Cutler era
                        could be close at hand. Plummer has a passer rating of 60.4, which
                        ranks 32nd in the league. He's thrown seven interceptions -- the
                        same number he had all last season -- and just four touchdown
                        passes.

What's more, the offense is averaging 13.2 points a game, which
                        is second-to-last in the NFL.

This won't help the offense, either -- left tackle Matt Lepsis is
                        out for the season after tearing a ligament in his right knee
                        during the first half of Sunday's game.

While the Broncos aren't sounding the alarms over the offense's
                        recent struggles, it is an increasing concern, especially with the
                        defense holding up its end of the deal and keeping teams to just
                        7.3 points a game.

"I wouldn't say incredibly frustrated, just frustrated,"
                        Shanahan said of his offense's inability to score.

Before Sunday's game, an ESPN report surfaced that the Broncos
                        are considering a switch to Cutler, who was taken 11th overall out
                        of Vanderbilt. Shanahan didn't want to lend credence to the story,
                        even though the report cited sources within the organization.

"Just because something's in the newspaper or something's on a
                        so-called channel does not mean that I said it or someone within
                        the organization said it," Shanahan said. "You've heard so many
                        different things through the years. If I spoke about every one, I
                        couldn't get my job done. But we're winning football games. Why
                        don't we support our quarterback who's winning those games?"

The most popular player in Denver seems to be the backup
                        quarterback, especially since he looked good in the preseason.
                        Cutler threw four touchdown passes, only one pick and completed
                        64.5 percent of his passes against predominantly backup players.

The fact that Plummer is off to a shaky start isn't helping his
                        cause. However, Plummer doesn't care about what's being said, only
                        about the Broncos improving as a team.

"We are 5-1," Plummer said Sunday. "We didn't put up all of
                        the points in the world. At the end of the game, I didn't make some
                        good decisions. We need to get better there. There is some room for
                        improvement."

But Plummer may be running out of time to make improvements.
                        When asked if he's any closer to playing Cutler than he was a month
                        ago, Shanahan just smirked.

"We're going to play the best football players. We've done that
                        from day one," Shanahan said.

That didn't exactly put the growing quarterback debate to rest.

"It doesn't put any position to rest," he said. "It's not
                        just the quarterback position. I wouldn't tell you if it were the
                        center position, wide receiver position or any position. It's not
                        my job to share with you if I want to make a change at any
                        position."

Shanahan said Plummer has earned the right to start, at least
                        this Sunday against the 6-0 Indianapolis Colts.

"Then I'll get a chance to be on this little program (media
                        interview) again and we'll talk about the same thing," he said.
                        Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

I have backed Plummer until the bloody end. I have made excuses and exceptions for his play. Once his biggest fan, I'm his biggest enemy.

He plays like he has down-syndrome. The true Terry Schiavo of football. Helen Keller reads press coverage better than he does.

Plummer is the suck and I hope we trade his rear end for a 59th round draft pick.

Send him to Iraq.
                          Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                            I have backed Plummer until the bloody end. I have made excuses and exceptions for his play. Once his biggest fan, I'm his biggest enemy.

He plays like he has down-syndrome. The true Terry Schiavo of football. Helen Keller reads press coverage better than he does.

Plummer is the suck and I hope we trade his rear end for a 59th round draft pick.

Send him to Iraq.
                            oh come on, you know we can get a 1st, 2nd and 4th in '08 from the redskins for him in the offseason

Comment

This is very similar to the Kyle Orton situation of last year. ****** ass QB doing just enough to not mess things up for his defense and running game. I called for Grossman then, I would call for Cutler now.

Winning games can be a drug which prevents organizations from continually looking for ways to get better. I'm not sure if Cutler would be better right now, but if he is, then they should make the move, no matter what their record is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

You'd have to be one hell of an arguer or a Jedi to convince me Cutler can't put up a 60.4 QB rating or better.
                                Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information