Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler to start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Chris
    You'd have to be one hell of an arguer or a Jedi to convince me Cutler can't put up a 60.4 QB rating or better.
    Plummer is better than that. Hell he had a 90 something rating last year. He's somewhere in between that. But yeah...if he's still throwing twice as many INT's as TD's a few weeks from now I'd say this is a no-brainer.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #47
      Matt Leinart out-performed Warner..

      Vince Young out-performed Collins..

      There is no reason why Jay Cutler wouldn't be better than Plummer. I think, Plummer is put in a situation to succeed, unlike Warner or Collins were, he's just sucked.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Originally posted by Chris
        You'd have to be one hell of an arguer or a Jedi to convince me Cutler can't put up a 60.4 QB rating or better.
        Plummer is better than that. Hell he had a 90 something rating last year. He's somewhere in between that. But yeah...if he's still throwing twice as many INT's as TD's a few weeks from now I'd say this is a no-brainer.
        not this year. he routinley throws into triple coverage or worse, and often makes rookie reads. the worst part? we dumbed down the offense considerably for him. it's painful to watch.

        Comment


        • #49
          With four draft picks on the first day, I'm almost convinced the Redskins aren't making the playoffs and we're getting a high third out of that trade, with the receivers there are and what not, I can't wait to see a pick or two to go for getting weapons for Jay.

          It'll be scary. Maybe we won't need them, if Marshall progresses and what not, but Cutler had awesome chemistry with Scheffler, has Walker and Marshall (hopefully he pans out).

          Get another guy in there, an OT. . . a DL. . . and a S. Not that the DL and S help Cutler on offense, but dayum.
          Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Shiver
            Matt Leinart out-performed Warner..

            Vince Young out-performed Collins..

            There is no reason why Jay Cutler wouldn't be better than Plummer. I think, Plummer is put in a situation to succeed, unlike Warner or Collins were, he's just sucked.
            I don't see how Leinart outperformed Warner.


            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by njx9
              Originally posted by BrownsTown
              Originally posted by njx9
              Originally posted by BrownsTown
              You don't get that Plummer's still winning. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
              plummer's not winning, he's doing everything he can to lose.
              5-1, looks like he's winning to me. You don't mess with a good thing. You're not winning anything with a rookie QB. You'll probably go one and done if you do.
              when you go to the playoffs every single year, it no longer becomes enough to just go. plummer can't win in the playoffs. if you watched last year, champ won that game. the defense won it. just like every game this year. i know you're a browns fan so you must have watched last week. your defense would've had 6 ints if they hadn't suddenly developed brick-hands. we would've lost had that happened. jake literally threw the ball directly to five seperate browns players and threw into quintuple (yes, quintuple) coverage on two other occasions. that is not a winning quarterback. that's a man lucky to be playing in denver where the defense is the only reason he's not 0-6. one would think that, since jake doesn't play defense, the defense would likely not play worse if cutler were the starter or if van pelt came back or if we traded for tom brady. the only difference would be that we would likely score more than 12 points per game.

              so you're saying cutler would have brought them to the superbowl if he was the starter?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by soybean
                Originally posted by njx9
                Originally posted by BrownsTown
                Originally posted by njx9
                Originally posted by BrownsTown
                You don't get that Plummer's still winning. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                plummer's not winning, he's doing everything he can to lose.
                5-1, looks like he's winning to me. You don't mess with a good thing. You're not winning anything with a rookie QB. You'll probably go one and done if you do.
                when you go to the playoffs every single year, it no longer becomes enough to just go. plummer can't win in the playoffs. if you watched last year, champ won that game. the defense won it. just like every game this year. i know you're a browns fan so you must have watched last week. your defense would've had 6 ints if they hadn't suddenly developed brick-hands. we would've lost had that happened. jake literally threw the ball directly to five seperate browns players and threw into quintuple (yes, quintuple) coverage on two other occasions. that is not a winning quarterback. that's a man lucky to be playing in denver where the defense is the only reason he's not 0-6. one would think that, since jake doesn't play defense, the defense would likely not play worse if cutler were the starter or if van pelt came back or if we traded for tom brady. the only difference would be that we would likely score more than 12 points per game.

                so you're saying cutler would have brought them to the superbowl if he was the starter?
                i'm saying we certainly wouldn't have been any worse and we absolutely could've been much, much better.

                Comment


                • #53
                  guys keep in mind that plummer is the one who singlehandedly wooped the 3 time superbowl champs, and sent them home early, as well as this year.

                  also bearsfan let's not start this arguement again where "leinart had nothing to do with almost beating the bears, they were simple throws crap..."

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    nonononono, champ bailey beat the pats.

                    joke plummer's 18/30 223 1/2 day certainly did not.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I don't think most of you realize just how bad the Broncos offense has been. They have only scored 13 points per game. For some perspective, the Bears last year scored 16 ppg. Only the Raiders have a worse offense than the Broncos. And this has to mbe ostly on Plummer. They are running the ball effectively and Walker is playing like a top WR. Plummer is just making terrible decisions and is inaccurate. Jake is just not a pocket passer, and you can't roll out every single play. The Broncos offense needs to step it up if they want to win the Superbowl. They can't expect their defense to shut down the opponent every single game, especially not with Plummer turning the ball over. Plummer either needs to get his act together or Cutler needs to come in. I have no doubts that Cutler could do better than Plummer at this point as well as provide a spark for a struggling offense.

                      984 total passing yards
                      52.1 completion percentage
                      5.8 ypa
                      4 TDs
                      7 INT
                      60.4 QB rating

                      That won't cut it. Plummer is far worse than Warner or Bledsoe. He might just be the worst qb in football right now.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by soybean
                        guys keep in mind that plummer is the one who singlehandedly wooped the 3 time superbowl champs, and sent them home early, as well as this year.

                        also bearsfan let's not start this arguement again where "leinart had nothing to do with almost beating the bears, they were simple throws crap..."
                        Don't have to. Look at the stats.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          If plummer loses to both pittsburgh and Indy, cutler will be in.


                          "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

                          Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                          Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                          "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by DeathbyStat
                            If plummer loses to both pittsburgh and Indy, cutler will be in.
                            I don't think that'll happen.

                            BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by DeathbyStat
                              If plummer loses to both pittsburgh and Indy, cutler will be in.
                              :D I agree, especially if the offense continues to struggle and Jake keeps turning the ball over. Then it will be Cutler time 8)
                              Sig by PitBull

                              All-hail Bulluck

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by DeathbyStat
                                If plummer loses to both pittsburgh and Indy, cutler will be in.
                                THat's very well possible. It's sad tho that our team has to lose a string of games for Shannahan to put in the better QB. A lot of people don't think that rookie QBs can succeed in their first year, but keep in mind that Big Ben was incredibly great his rookie yr due to a strong running game, WR corps, and defense (kinda like the current Broncos eh?)...

                                Furthermore, despite his amazing physical ability, it's been mentioned numerous times in the preseason, but Cutler's poise in the pocket is not like a rookie. It's amazing. Cutler on the field means we'll score at least 10 more pts per game than Plummer leading the offense.

                                Projected win total: 55+

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information