Now Whose the Better OLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Whose the Better OLB

With all the alegations surrounding Marriman, the debate of who is better should arise between him and Ware.

Just to let you know, the steroid found in his body wasn't considered a steroid a year ago. It was a pro-hormone that you could buy over the counter at any GNC. Just recently the communist govn't of the US passed a bill making it, along with about 13 other harmless performance enhancers, illegal. Still it is just illegal to buy now, not to take so if he stocked up on it before it became illegal then he probably shouldn't get in trouble. But i'm guessing the NFL's list of performance enhancers is probably much more strict than the governments..

Ware cause he is all natural....as far as we know :D

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan54
      Ware cause he is all natural....as far as we know :D
      Everyone in college and NFL are natural...

Comment

Ware

BoneKrusher

Comment

It's a bit unfair to bury Merriman right now. There is no indication that he's a creation of steroids. Last time I checked, it's innocent until proven guilty. Even then, it's entirely likely that he got a mix-up of supplements.

That said, they are very close. They are both great 3-4 Rush LBs, and I would say the best two in the game right now. I voted for Ware, but it was a toss up to me. Overall, I think Ware is much improved over last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
            It's a bit unfair to bury Merriman right now. There is no indication that he's a creation of steroids. Last time I checked, it's innocent until proven guilty. Even then, it's entirely likely that he got a mix-up of supplements.

That said, they are very close. They are both great 3-4 Rush LBs, and I would say the best two in the game right now. I voted for Ware, but it was a toss up to me. Overall, I think Ware is much improved over last year.
            No, the people who did the test said it was straight up steroids, not supplements or other stuff.

Comment

You can get mix-ups, when you use supplements. Patrick Kerney was on JRIB and said that if you aren't careful, you can accidentally take in something you aren't aware of. Which is why he goes to reputable, NFL approved, supplements to avoid those kinds of mix-ups. I think most people are ASSuming Shawne Merriman intentionally was taking Nandrolone.

Comment

i would of been more interested in this poll before the accusations....i like both players, ALOT....more complete is ware though....i see ware rushing the passer from the down lineman position and upright as the OLB, merriman is usually rushing standing up, ware seems to be able to do more, and get to the passer both ways, he is getting to the point where he is going to be impossible to stop unless you use 2 blockers....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I like Ware more, i admit he wasn't as good last year, but they were rookies. If it weren't for the steroids I would have voted Merriman, but I don't like voting for cheaters. Before the draft I had Ware pegged as better. After last year Merriman. After this week, Ware again.

Comment

Ware now
                    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

There's no way to know how much the substance helped him so I still vote Merriman.

Comment

I voted Merriman just because i'm tired of cowboy homers.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Oh how the board has turned on Merriman the once worshiped is now hated, I'm still staying with my boy from the MD he was a beast at Maryland and as far as I know wasn't on steroids.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Ware is a much more balanced player and better all round. If Merriman isnt blitzing than he isnt effective.
                            Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
                              i would of been more interested in this poll before the accusations....i like both players, ALOT....more complete is ware though....i see ware rushing the passer from the down lineman position and upright as the OLB, merriman is usually rushing standing up, ware seems to be able to do more, and get to the passer both ways, he is getting to the point where he is going to be impossible to stop unless you use 2 blockers....
                              The only argument you can make for Ware is that he's could be the better edge rusher. Merriman is one of the best tacklers in the league and is often blowing up run plays, as well as pass.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information