• Show
Clear All

well Lights Out is good but overrated

but ware is also goos but a lil bit underated but

out of the to listed im going with 56

Originally posted by BlindSite
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      Originally posted by yourfavestoner
      BBD, Peppers was caught using ephedra, which is a stimulant, not a performance enhancing substance.
      Yeah, but with the widespread use of HGH in trhe NFL, we'd be foolish to assume that he's not a prime suspect. And also, remember, a doctor for Carolina gave out steroids, plus he plans on writing a book with more high profile names included in it. That story is far from over.
      Shortt gave steroid creams and nothing else to everyone except for Toddles...

Oh and you're foolish just to assume he's a prime suspect, other than using ephedra in his rookie season he's been 100% clean in every test ever done. Don't be a hater just because he's ten times the defensive end either of New Yorks are...
      Ah, name calling, the best type of argument. I believe that alot of players are using HGH, so maybe I was wrong in singling out Peppers here. The point I was trying to make is that Merriman isn't the only one, and I cited Peppers as one example. You don't think Peppers is on something? Come on, if he was all natural we would see at least 3 other players in the league with at the very least comparable athleticism. But he's not the only one I accuse. I wouldn't be surprised at all if theres guys on my team using it too.

Back on topic, Merriman had 3 sacks yesterday. That gives him 8.5 for the season. He is outperforming DeMarcus Ware on the field this year, thats hard to argue. He is a much better pass rusher from what Ive seen as well. DWare was pretty unimpressive rushing the passer last night. Of course Ware is more balanced, but rushing the passer is a such a premium.

If the steroid results didn't come out, it would be impossible to argue that DWare is the better player this year. Now because of the test, you gotta take Merriman's performance with a grain of salt. I do think however, that even after the test that this man will continue to play beastly, even when off the roids. That test was done awhile ago, and I doubt he's still doing roids before this game, yet he still put up 3 sacks. But still, evaluating him as a player has gotten a little bit tougher because of the "what ifs".

I think right now Merriman is still the better player. The season is still young though, and Ware is still damn good. I need to see more pass rush out of Ware, he's been disappointing me in that area. He doesn't disengage off linemen very well on pass rushes.

If Merriman didn't have the suspension to worry about, he'd be on his way to a 19 sack season. The year Lawrence Taylor won league MVP, he had a 20 1/2 sack season. I don't think it's even a question that Merriman is one of a handful of game changers on the defensive side of the ball. I really don't think Ware makes close to the impact on a football game that Merriman does. Let's be honest here, if the steroid scandal hadn't broke last week the results of this poll would be flipped around.
        aka KGB Chicken

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
          Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
          i would of been more interested in this poll before the accusations....i like both players, ALOT....more complete is ware though....i see ware rushing the passer from the down lineman position and upright as the OLB, merriman is usually rushing standing up, ware seems to be able to do more, and get to the passer both ways, he is getting to the point where he is going to be impossible to stop unless you use 2 blockers....
          The only argument you can make for Ware is that he's could be the better edge rusher. Merriman is one of the best tacklers in the league and is often blowing up run plays, as well as pass.

no thats not the only argument....merriman is REALLY great at blitzing standing up, thats it....

he's not better at rushing the passer in a down stance, nor is he better in pass coverage

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

i think there diffrent

Ware is a better tackler
            Merriman is a better pass rusher

I'd take Merriman. Not that Ware isn't great, but Merriman is just awesome.

if we are just talking about how good they are, no steroids, merriman is much better than you guys watch them? ware is no where near as dominant as shawne. shawne has 8.5 sacks and ware has 3

and shawne has more tackles and is in on way more say ware is a more complete player is crazy.

but i can understand that everyone will vote against merriman because of the steroids.

Merriman is also stellar against the run, he just isn't oft-noticed for it. I think Dick Vermeil did a great job highlighting just how good he is on run defense in week one.

I'd still take Merriman.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Originally posted by jmanz
                      I'd take Merriman. Not that Ware isn't great, but Merriman is just awesome.

Debug Information