Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL POLL: Where should the NFL expand next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a team in columbus would be cool. people would then have something to do on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
      Congratulations, you win the most ignorant post in this thread dumbass.

I think the league is good as it is, with 32 teams spread evenly across the league. But if one of these franchises were to falter than.....

.....if that happens I think Toronto has to be the front runner for the next NFL franchise. I feel as if the Toronto Raptors have done a good job, particularly the past year or two, about eliminating any myths about Canada being an inferior place for an athlete to play/live. With a population of over 5 million in the metropolitan area, the fan base is certainly big enough, and the TV ratings should be sufficient as they are only Canadian team [TV audience of 30-35 million].

Now there are a few problems I see arising for a franchise in Toronto. Will peoples loyalty to the CFL [and/or the current CFL franchsie in Toronto] hinder NFL development in Canada, and, considering most NFL fans in Canada already have a team that they follow religously, will they switch their allegience to a new Toronto franchise? Whoever the new owners are would need to be patient and to build the new fan base. It takes time [ex. Toronto Raptors] to build a healthy franchise.
      Good post, but I think one thing that would help is that the CFL and NFL start about 7-8 weeks apart which would make it a lot easier for people to remain loyal to both the CFL and NFL teams. Just as soon as the NFL starts to get interesting and you start to get an idea of who's in the playoffs or not, the CFL is finishing up.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        isnt san diego and arizona in the Cal area? PPl are saying expand a team into LA, why when the Cal area has 4.

Have you ever seen a map before?

Comment

i maintain that Montréal would be a better place. Football is growing a lot in Québec

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            You put columbus and utah, but skip out on Virginia Beach even after the huge debate
            I KNOW.
            i'm not even from VaBeach. But it's the largets market without a professional sports team period (and growing). And please, those punks over there root for atlanta because of michael vick. They need someone else to root for.

But, if were gonna grow. it goes, in order, VaBeach-Tidewater-Newport News-Hampton Roads CDP, LA, Vegas and that's it. Mind you that all of those are still bigger than green bay.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Handel View Post
              i maintain that Montréal would be a better place. Football is growing a lot in Québec
              Forget this Montreal don't have the market to have a nfl team !!

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

I have to ask, what makes this an official poll? As opposed to an unofficial poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                  Forget this Montreal don't have the market to have a nfl team !!
                  Don't forget about what happened to the Expos, they lost all their fans after the strike in '94 and I can see that happening to a Montreal team if their NFL franchise starts to lose. Additionally, I don't see the NFL wanting to move to a predominantly French speaking market.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
                  I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.

Comment

Vermont...lots of open land...can make biggest stadium ever

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                      isnt san diego and arizona in the Cal area? PPl are saying expand a team into LA, why when the Cal area has 4.
                      We were talking about the bay area. Which is in northern California, and just one specific area of the state. If the "Cal Area" juts all the way into Arizona and the like, then that would more fittingly be referred to as the "West Coast." 4 teams is all we have West of Denver. There are only 7 teams West of St. Louis. Out of 32! I don't think 4 teams is too many at all. Especially in comparison to the density of teams out East. And yes I realize that the East (half of the map) is more densely populated. But not at a 80/20 ratio.

Personally, I am opposed to the idea of giving LA another chance at being the home of an NFL team. There are just too many other cities that would actually embrace their team and provide consistent support regardless of whether or not the weather was fair. Not sure I'm an advocate of seeing the league bleed into Canada either. Not for lack of support, but just because I think there are far too many qualifying cities within the bounds of our nation to consider looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Vermont...lots of open land...can make biggest stadium ever
                        And never fill it.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

No more expansion, over doing it can hurt the health of the league. If they move a team, it has to be to Los Angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                            Hawii ,L.A. or N.J.
                            They would never put a team in Hawaii. It would be to inconvenient for teams on the east coast.

Comment

Auckland, New Zealand should have a team.

Comment

The NFL shouldn't expand any more; 32 teams is plenty and if you add more teams you will start seeing a diluted talent pool as in other sports. I do agree, however, that teams that can't carry their weight (BUF, JAX, for instance) should have the opportunity to move to bigger markets (Toronto, LA, for examle).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information