Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of defense do you like better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
    "Organized Chaos" is the best defense there is!!!
    Amen Brother Amen! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

i think the 3-4 is not as good as the 4-3, just teams arent used to the 3-4 unless a division rival runs it and so suffer when they come up against it.

you go against a 4-3 everyday in training then play a 3-4 team once a year, ur obviously going to struggle

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        Amen Brother Amen! :D
        Recently like in the last few years I think they interviewed a WR that played you guys and he said it was just scary. He said it was the combination of the black jerseys and the speed and organization....just scary stuff.

Comment

3-4/4-3 hybrid
          DE- Richard Seymour
          NT- Vincent Wilfork
          DE/DT- Tommie Harris
          OLB/DE- Jason Taylor
          OLB- Adalius Thomas
          ILB/OLB-Mike Vrabel
          ILB- Demeco Ryans
          CB-Champ Bailey
          CB- Rashean Mathis
          FS- Ed Reed
          SS- Chis Hope
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

If I were a coach I would run a 4-2-5(nickel) because you got your normal d line, then some monster linebackers. I'm talking like 280 lbs. Then you got your secondary that is always prepared for the pass. But I would keep a safety close to the line for that extra run support.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

For the purposes of argument: A 3-4/4-3 hybrid

DE - Richard Seymour
              NT - Vince Wilfork
              DE - Shaun Ellis

OLB - Shawne Merriman
              ILB - DeMeco Ryans
              ILB - Brian Urlacher
              OLB - Julian Peterson

---

DE - Shawne Merriman
              DT - Richard Seymour
              DT - Vince Wilford
              DE - Shaun Ellis

WLB - DeMeco Ryans
              MLB - Brian Urlacher
              SLB - Julian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                For the purposes of argument: A 3-4/4-3 hybrid

DE - Richard Seymour
                NT - Vince Wilfork
                DE - Shaun Ellis

OLB - Shawne Merriman
                ILB - DeMeco Ryans
                ILB - Brian Urlacher
                OLB - Julian Peterson

---

DE - Shawne Merriman
                DT - Richard Seymour
                DT - Vince Wilford
                DE - Shaun Ellis

WLB - DeMeco Ryans
                MLB - Brian Urlacher
                SLB - Julian Peterson
                That would be a sick defense.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  I can tell from reading this thread that a lot of people don't understand the basic principles of the 3-4 or how and why it works.
                  Yup...my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Yup...my thoughts exactly.
                    care to explain

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      care to explain
                      Alot of people are taking undersized 4-3 LBs and just throwing them in at ILB in the 3-4.

A 3-4 ILB is a tough physical run thumper type who can take on OGs in the trenches and shed blocks.

Guys like DeMeco Ryans, Brian Urlacher (even though he's big), Mike Peterson etc will not work in the 3-4 at ILB.

You need guys like Zach Thomas, Jeremiah Trotter, Antonio Pierce, Tedy Bruschi, etc. Guys like Ryans and Vilma can only excell as a WILB, and thats only if they have an extremely dominant NT in front of them like Edwards had at SD.

Look at Pittsburgh and NE as the prototype 3-4 defense as far as makeup goes. SD's 3-4 isn't a true 3-4 defense.

Also, Tampa 2 UTs are not good 3-4 DEs. Their roles are completely different. Thats why you see Tampa 2 UTs who get put in 3-4 DE roles almost always fail. 3-4 DEs are selfless guys who occupy blockers, UTs are penetrators. Completely different personality makeup for each position and its not a switch that you can turn on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by Packer#50 View Post
                        who do you think the Raiders will pick?
                        This is not the thread for this discussion man, also, no need for a doble post.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Alot of people are taking undersized 4-3 LBs and just throwing them in at ILB in the 3-4.

A 3-4 ILB is a tough physical run thumper type who can take on OGs in the trenches and shed blocks.

Guys like DeMeco Ryans, Brian Urlacher (even though he's big), Mike Peterson etc will not work in the 3-4 at ILB.

You need guys like Zach Thomas, Jeremiah Trotter, Antonio Pierce, Tedy Bruschi, etc. Guys like Ryans and Vilma can only excell as a WILB, and thats only if they have an extremely dominant NT in front of them like Edwards had at SD.

Look at Pittsburgh and NE as the prototype 3-4 defense as far as makeup goes. SD's 3-4 isn't a true 3-4 defense.

Also, Tampa 2 UTs are not good 3-4 DEs. Their roles are completely different. Thats why you see Tampa 2 UTs who get put in 3-4 DE roles almost always fail. 3-4 DEs are selfless guys who occupy blockers, UTs are penetrators. Completely different personality makeup for each position and its not a switch that you can turn on and off.

But with the hybrid like i described i think Demeco is perfect cuz he owuld play WILB

3-4/4-3 hybrid
                          DE- Richard Seymour
                          NT- Vincent Wilfork
                          DE- Tommie Harris
                          OLB- Jason Taylor
                          OLB- Adalius Thomas
                          ILB-Mike Vrabel
                          WILB- Demeco Ryans
                          CB-Champ Bailey
                          CB- Rashean Mathis
                          FS- Ed Reed
                          SS- Chis Hope

DE- Richard Seymour
                          DT- Tommie Harris (could interchange with seymour)
                          DT- Vince Wilfork
                          DE- Jason Taylor
                          OLB- Mike Vrabel
                          MILB- Ryans
                          OLB- Adalius

I think he would work in that hybrid for sure.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

3-4 by a wide margin, IMO. If you look at the 10-15 worst defenses each year, it's almost all 4-3 and cover-2. Cleveland is the only 3-4 team down there and you could argue that's just due to the personnel overhaul.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythos View Post
                              3-4 by a wide margin, IMO. If you look at the 10-15 worst defenses each year, it's almost all 4-3 and cover-2. Cleveland is the only 3-4 team down there and you could argue that's just due to the personnel overhaul.
                              That is because there are so many more teams who run a 4-3.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I love the 43, John Fox has had 5 years, in 4 of those we've had a top 10 defense. Can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information