Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of defense do you like better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
    Well, they talked about last year when Denver was on that early season tear that they had become a soft coverage team instead of blitz-happy like '05.
    Yeah, they could use some front 4 pressure. Thats why I don't blame them for having to blitz so much. They have to, or theyre dead in the water.

I don't get why they stopped. I guess their DC felt that teams started picking up on their blitzes? Why not just introduce some new ones into the puzzle then? *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Packer#50 View Post
      The Patriots of the late 90s were bad other than the team in 96 that went to the Super Bowl and LOST to the Packers.
      My bad, I meant PACKERS not PATs....

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        ;)

Before I sound like a blatant homer, lemme talk about some other schemes that I really like, not affiliated with the Giants in any way.

Jacksonville's 4-3: This scheme is generally a Cover 2, but its not a true Cover 2. Ive never had a problem with Cover 2 the play, just the base scheme of lighter quicker guys and DEs with no gap assingment. This defense is physical and tough, and simply outmuscles you. Its simple in nature, but its phsyical style makes it great. Plus, it plays a decent amount of man when necessary.

This isn't necessarily a scheme I like, but moreso a roster. This team, built a 4-3 defense in the same mold that I prefer. I like to call it 4-3 BIG, but thats not a real term. Thats what I refer to when discussing the 2000 Ravens/current Jags style of defense.

Pittsburgh's 3-4: although it could get too blitz happy. We saw LeBeau's scheme get exposed once teams learned how to block the zone blitz. I like his plays more as situational play calls, he's been blitzing a little too much recently.

Rob Ryan's 4-3: Basically the same things I like about Fox's scheme, I like about Ryans. Great scheme

Denvers 4-3: A little too much blitzing, but with the personnell in place, you can't blame em

Greg Williams: Similar to Fox and Ryan

GB's Pseudo Cover 1/2: I need to see more personnell in place before I can evaluate it better, but so far, I like it.

Eh, thats pretty much it. I would say Rex Ryan, but seriously...how hard is it to call plays for Baltimore's defense? I could call 4-3 Cover 2 against a 5 WR empty set, and it would still work. Not difficult when you have that kind of personnell.

Oh, and for the record, I don't like every 3-4 scheme. I don't like Nolan's 3-4. Way too bland. Too much Cover 3. He doesn't run it in SF, Im referring to his days in Baltimore.
        Green Bay's 4-3 Cover 2 Man is by far the best defensive scheme in the NFL.

Comment

Plan on giving any reasoning, or are you just gonna leave this as a baseless assertion?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            The hybrid of flipping back and fourth that the Ravens run.
            that's my favorite as well....and its my team's

Comment

I would like to hear a more in depth analysis of this scheme. Im currently not exactly sure how it works, I don't have any Packer games DVR'ed that I can go back and break down.

I have somewhat of an idea, and I like what I saw so far, but a more in depth analysis of it would be appreciated.

Comment

if i have to pick i would say 3-4 because anytime that i can get more LBer's on the field IMO the better.

Matthew 19:26
                Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

i personally like the 3-4 better because of all the different blitzes that can come out of it

Comment

I like the 3-4 because I think there's better athletes. Ex. Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware.

Comment

• I Like the 4-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                        I like the 3-4 because I think there's better athletes. Ex. Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware.
                        That is a terrible argument. The 4-3 also has great athletes like Julius Peppers, Ray Lewis, Dwight Freeney, and Michael Strahan.

Comment

• I have always liked the 4-4 better, but noone runs it any more, and you have to have great CB's to do it well, cause only 1 safety back there.

but against a steelers type run first offense, its what i would do.

that or a 4-3 next.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information