Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of defense do you like better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of defense do you like better?

4-3 or 3-4...I prefer the 4-3 Just because its easier to stop the run

The hybrid of flipping back and fourth that the Ravens run.

Comment

I prefer the 3-4 because there are so many variations that can be played out of it. you can jump anywhere from a base 3-4 to a 5-2 and anything in between
      Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

I prefer the 3-4 because the Bears can still get pressure with 3 down linemen. With that added linebacker, it can help against the pass, which we lack compared to the run defense.

Comment

I'va always been a 4-3 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mfkrush View Post
            I prefer the 3-4 because the Bears can still get pressure with 3 down linemen. With that added linebacker, it can help against the pass, which we lack compared to the run defense.
            I'm confused. The Bears run a 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by mfkrush View Post
              Brown, Ogunleye, Harris would never last as starters in a 3-4

Harris would be a DE probably ..could be pretty good cuz hes fast/quick for a 300 pounder

Brown and Ogunleye are better fit for OLB in 3-4s.

Comment

I like watching the 3-4 but the 4-3 is usuallly more effective. I guess its harder to find 4 good linebackers and 3 good defensive lineman then vice versa.

Comment

they type of defense that is the best is

The Ravens Defense (should be in it's own category)

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

3-4 all the way.

4 of the last 5 SBs were won with 3-4 defenses.

Its has no inherit flaws in its structure. It can take on Air Coryell, WCO, run heavy teams, etc. It has high success with every type of offense.

Its the most adjustable defense. And especially in today's league, adjustability and the ability to play anyone at a high level is critical to success.

My personal favorite scheme is the BP 2 gap 3-4. I won't go into detail, Ive done it plenty of times before.

Theres very few 4-3 schemes that I like. John Fox's 4-3 is good. I like Jacksonville's 4-3, but its not necessarily the scheme I like, moreso the player makeup.

To me, a great defensive scheme can't live and die on one thing. It has the ability to everything, everything at a high level. Fox's 4-3, BP's 3-4....those schemes possess that ability.

Blitz heavy teams live and die with it, Tampa 2 teams suffer against the power run game. 46 is vulnerable to WCO. Every scheme has some sort of weakness outside of the 2 gap 3-4.

The only set that can take it on is the 2 TE run heavy offense, but even that set is generally shut down by the 3-4. If you have a big hulking oline, your run game will suffer because they won't be fast enough to stop the edge rush of the OLBs, and the Guards won't be quick enough to pull on the ILBs.

If your oline is small (ZBS), you'll get pushed around by the front 3.

If you have something in the middle, ILB blitzes can disrupt your pass protection (attack the smaller OGs needed to thrive against the 3-4).

At its peak, no scheme is better.

Of course, theres 4-3 teams that play like 3-4 teams, and vice versa. So at the end of the day, its just a formation. But you get what Im saying. This is a gross simplification. We can talk forever on this subject if we wanted to.

Comment

I like the 4-3.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I prefer the 4-3 because that means you have 4 more people that are fat and can push the line back.

Comment

I am a 4-3 guy myself. Its what I know best and played in my whole life.

4-3 has more potential at dominance imo.

Comment

hmm

Wow if you miss a chance to post in a thread here, wait two weeks and one that is exactly the same will be posted.

For real tho, I like seeing the big DT's stuff the run, so it's the 4-3 for me!

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

A big misconception is that the 4-3 is better against the run.

Ive posted before, if you compare body mass of the front 7, the 3-4 is actually thicker and more stoute against the run.

Statistics back this up as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information