Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rex Grossman!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
    Originally posted by Twiddler
    Wow, I'm confused. And for Grossman, I think he's a solid QB as of now, but I think he is a step or two below guys like Eli and Carson.
    id rather have grossman instead of eli.hes a more consistent qb.
    He has only been more consistent at being hurt. I think Grossman is slightly behind Eli and that is only because he has less of a resume to work with. He has barely ever played and this year has looked great against crappy team until the Cardinals game.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
      Grossman probably fits into the Losman, Carr, Leftwich, Rivers tier. He hasn't done any more than any of these guys to prove he deserves to be ranked higher yet.

      Obviously Favre isn't in the top tier anymore, but people forget so quickly just how good he was, especially alot of the young kids on this site who just keep calling for his retirement and never saw him in his prime. Here's a little reminder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ict1CR9wM_0

      after watching that I call for his retirement even more. He has nothing left to prove, he was great. And can only show flashes of his former ability. I KNOW Favre was great, my dad respects him like no other. He constantly tells me that, but we are in agreement that he shouldnt be playing anymore.
      Bears fan

      Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


      In Tyler We Trust

      Welcome to Project Mayhem

      This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
      Jimmy Buckets <3

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jughead10
        Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
        Originally posted by Twiddler
        Wow, I'm confused. And for Grossman, I think he's a solid QB as of now, but I think he is a step or two below guys like Eli and Carson.
        id rather have grossman instead of eli.hes a more consistent qb.
        He has only been more consistent at being hurt.
        Grossman has a much better winning % too. Obviously he has a better team around him, but that's an argument that can be made. In fact, Grossman has a better winning % than probably any QB in the league, albeit only accounting for 14 games.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #19
          I've been big on Grossman since his Gator days, but I wouldn't put him near Eli's level. Right now he's more equatable to Phillip Rivers and JP Losman, very talented guys who just need more experience and can win games for their teams in the meantime if they don't turn the ball over.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Originally posted by TitleTown088
            just because brett favre has been around before some of you young guys had pubes dosent mean he isn't good.


            BTW I eat peices of *********** like rex grossman for breakfest.
            Rex Grossman's career record versus the Packers is 3-0. You wish you had him on your team today. The fact that Favre isn't that good anymore makes him not that good anymore. How's that for logic?
            That's pretty stupid logic actually. Do you want to know what Brett Favres record against the Bears is? Favres not good anymore? I'd still take him over Grossman. Brett is putting up just as good of numbers as Rex is, only he's having to do it with only two WR's who anybody's ever heard of (one of whom is a rookie), a complete lack of a running game, an inexperienced O-line with two rookies starting, and oh yea, without the best defense in the league to bail him out. Now here is where I'm sure some smartass will say, "yea, well how many wins to the Packers have?". And to that I say, how many would they have if Rex Grossman was their QB right now, and how many would the Bears have if Brett Favre was their QB right now? People here just like to hate....



            Originally posted by njx9
            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

            Comment


            • #21
              He's above the Carr category, he's becoming to improve to an elite QB. IMO he falls in the the Carson category.


              Thanks to jackalope

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by portermvp84
                He's above the Carr category, he's becoming to improve to an elite QB. IMO he falls in the the Carson category.
                :shock:

                There are only a few sane posters in this thread.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  Originally posted by portermvp84
                  He's above the Carr category, he's becoming to improve to an elite QB. IMO he falls in the the Carson category.
                  :shock:

                  There are only a few sane posters in this thread.
                  I was going to reply to that as well, but decided not to. I'm glad someone did though. In all honesty Grossman is probably in the 12-16 range as far as starting QBs in my opinion.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Originally posted by TitleTown088
                    just because brett favre has been around before some of you young guys had pubes dosent mean he isn't good.


                    BTW I eat peices of *********** like rex grossman for breakfest.
                    Rex Grossman's career record versus the Packers is 3-0. You wish you had him on your team today. The fact that Favre isn't that good anymore makes him not that good anymore. How's that for logic?
                    That's pretty stupid logic actually. Do you want to know what Brett Favres record against the Bears is? Favres not good anymore? I'd still take him over Grossman. Brett is putting up just as good of numbers as Rex is, only he's having to do it with only two WR's who anybody's ever heard of (one of whom is a rookie), a complete lack of a running game, an inexperienced O-line with two rookies starting, and oh yea, without the best defense in the league to bail him out. Now here is where I'm sure some smartass will say, "yea, well how many wins to the Packers have?". And to that I say, how many would they have if Rex Grossman was their QB right now, and how many would the Bears have if Brett Favre was their QB right now? People here just like to hate....



                    I would take Donald Driver and Greg Jennings over Moose and Berrian any day of the week, no question.

                    I love how Packers fans love to hype up their wide recievers and talk about how good they are and then blame Favre's lack of weapons as the reason for his current mediocrity. You can't have it both ways.

                    And the highlighted yards makes no sense at all. You realize that Grossman is averaging over a full yard per attempt than Favre right? Favre has more yards because they are constantly playing from behind so he is always throwing the ball.

                    And my point original point was that our QB situation is better than yours. What's your future? Do you have any idea what Rodgers can do for you? I would take a commodity that is at least somewhat proven than a kid who hasn't even sniffed the field yet.


                    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Rex Grossman would even tell you he's overrated, remember that MVP talk a few weeks ago, hahahaha.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

                      Bosanac01

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Originally posted by TitleTown088
                        just because brett favre has been around before some of you young guys had pubes dosent mean he isn't good.


                        BTW I eat peices of *********** like rex grossman for breakfest.
                        Rex Grossman's career record versus the Packers is 3-0. You wish you had him on your team today. The fact that Favre isn't that good anymore makes him not that good anymore. How's that for logic?
                        That's pretty stupid logic actually. Do you want to know what Brett Favres record against the Bears is? Favres not good anymore? I'd still take him over Grossman. Brett is putting up just as good of numbers as Rex is, only he's having to do it with only two WR's who anybody's ever heard of (one of whom is a rookie), a complete lack of a running game, an inexperienced O-line with two rookies starting, and oh yea, without the best defense in the league to bail him out. Now here is where I'm sure some smartass will say, "yea, well how many wins to the Packers have?". And to that I say, how many would they have if Rex Grossman was their QB right now, and how many would the Bears have if Brett Favre was their QB right now? People here just like to hate....



                        I would take Donald Driver and Greg Jennings over Moose and Berrian any day of the week, no question.

                        I love how Packers fans love to hype up their wide recievers and talk about how good they are and then blame Favre's lack of weapons as the reason for his current mediocrity. You can't have it both ways.

                        And the highlighted yards makes no sense at all. You realize that Grossman is averaging over a full yard per attempt than Favre right? Favre has more yards because they are constantly playing from behind so he is always throwing the ball.

                        And my point original point was that our QB situation is better than yours. What's your future? Do you have any idea what Rodgers can do for you? I would take a commodity that is at least somewhat proven than a kid who hasn't even sniffed the field yet.
                        Donald Driver and Greg Jennings are a great duo, nowhere did I say they weren't, in fact, I said they were the only two WR's on the team who anybody recognizes (and one of them happens to be a rookie). I also would take them over Moose and Berrian anyday. I know you are football savvy enough though to understand that two good WR's, a couple of mediocre TE's, a trio of unproductive RB's, and an unexperienced O-line are not exactly the definition of an offense stocked with weapons. Most QB's would struggle to get anywhere near the production and competitiveness out of this offense that Favre does.

                        The highlighted yards aren't highlighted for any reason other than that's how the page was sorted.....

                        Nobody knows what Rodgers future is yet, but he's got enough potential that I think he'll do decent when he finally gets a shot. I'll worry about that when the time comes. You're forgetting that Grossman is anything far from a proven commodity, as much as ya'll are ready to deem him the next Favre. So he's started a few games and done good against some bad teams, big deal, he also looked terrible against the Cardinals. BTW, doesn't Orton have more (or atleast as many) starts as him? Orton started and won a bunch of games for the Bears too, I'm sure the defense had nothing to do with that.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          -I never annointed Grossman the next Favre, he has a game that is similar to Favre's (both good and bad) but it's insane that ESPN hypes him up as such (although not suprising considering what a hype machine they are).

                          -Grossman and Orton both have 14 career starts.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information