Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Jones: Will Appeal Suspension

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Update: Jones plans to appeal his season-long NFL suspension and believes he's been made the "poster boy" by the league, the Tennessean reports.

Recommendation: "For the most part, I think it was a little bit harsh. I expected the suspension, but for a whole year, for a guy that hasn't been charged with nothing. I really didn't agree with it," Jones said. "But for the most part I am taking it like a man. I am going to appeal it and we'll see what the future brings. ... Clearly, I am made to be the poster boy." Jones, who has had at least 10 run-ins with police since the Titans drafted him in 2005, can apply for reinstatement after 10 games if he follows conditions set by the league. We'll keep you posted.

He has no chance to get an overturn. The only person who can reduce the suspension is Roger Goodell.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      He has no chance to get an overturn. The only person who can reduce the suspension is Roger Goodell.
      Agreed. (10)

Comment

Worth a shot...?

Comment

I really think he has a chance
          Dunno why he was suspended in the first place
          Its not like he was ever convicted
          Or maybe he was suspended for making the nfl look bad, all I know is
          The Titans are i trouble

Thats what I learned last nite on this site

Corny I know but i wanted to do it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I know we all saw this coming but I thought I would post it since it is for sure now.

Comment

He won't get anything.
              Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
              Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

I don't think he has much of a chance to play a game next year. I guess it's worth a shot though. Personally, I hope it doesn't work.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                  It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                  Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                  http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                  421 Witness
                  756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
                    I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?
                    He is suspended for 16 games so i would think

But the Titans wont make the playoffs so we wont have to worry bout that

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      He is suspended for 16 games so i would think

But the Titans wont make the playoffs so we wont have to worry bout that
                      They definately have a shot at making it IMO.

stephenson86

Comment

I think Goodell will come down on Jones hard. Goodell has already been to talk to the Bengals about the conduct of their players and Goodell want's to send out a message that this type of behaviour won't be tolerated by the NFL

Comment

Pacman has no chance... he should go to canada, play there for a year and come back. Goodell isn't gonna budge...

I kinda like Goodell... doesn't back down when he has to take a stand.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            Pacman has no chance... he should go to canada, play there for a year and come back. Goodell isn't gonna budge...
                            Not a good idea going to the CFL for a year he could blow out a knee the guy is to young and good (On the field) to risk that IMO.

Comment

Honestly I thought the whole season was too much, but then again maybe overkill was necessary in this case.

Jones' best bet to get the number of games reduced is to follow every single guideline the NFL sets out and then apply for reinstatement after game 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information