Brian Urlacher, overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Urlacher, overrated?

I just saw that in a players poll in SI magizine, that Brian Urlacher was voted overrated by 8% of the league. That was tied for the second largest % with Ray Lewis. Only T.O. had a higher percentage, and that was 10%.

I would assume that most of the Bears players voted for him, like a joke. But the rest of the league? Out of jealousy I guess.

What do you guys think? I think it is assinine, and that Brain Urlacher is argueably the best defensive player in the NFL.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

I HIGHLY doubt any of the Bear players voted for him.

Considering he was voted most over rated 2 years ago(If I recall right). And it was a big slap in the face to him and the media made a big deal out of it.

Tons of the teammates defended him too.. There's no way his teammates voted for him.

Comment

i could see how some may think he is overrated. i think he's a bit overhyped, but not much. he's a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL

Considering he was voted most over rated 2 years ago(If I recall right). And it was a big slap in the face to him and the media made a big deal out of it.

Tons of the teammates defended him too.. There's no way his teammates voted for him.
        Well, I think they did, as a joke. Like with the White Sox. There was a players poll about baseball's most overrated player or something, and A.J. Pierzynski was voted as it by the whole sox team, as a joke. That didn't really mean it.

Comment

Hell no.

He has made the probowl almost every season of his career for a reason, and definantly was voted DPOY last year for a reason. He is big, fast and is the best at what he does. When he needs to, he can take over a game (Cardnals). Not many players can do that, so no, he isnt overrated at all.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL

Well, I think they did, as a joke. Like with the White Sox. There was a players poll about baseball's most overrated player or something, and A.J. Pierzynski was voted as it by the whole sox team, as a joke. That didn't really mean it.
            Yah I understand your point.

But this was a big deal 2 years ago or so if you remember.

It was really blown out of porportion and Lovie & the players really defended him.

It's possible.

But I doubt it honestly.

Comment

i dont think hes overrated.... he is real good and sometimes doesnt get enough respect

Go Ravens!

Comment

I used to think he was overrated, but then I saw the Cardinals game and I did a complete 180. He took over the game, you couldn't run at him and your receivers were too afraid to cross near him.

I think the guy next him, Briggs, is overrated though.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan54
                  Hell no.

He has made the probowl almost every season of his career for a reason, and definantly was voted DPOY last year for a reason. He is big, fast and is the best at what he does. When he needs to, he can take over a game (Cardnals). Not many players can do that, so no, he isnt overrated at all.
                  He speaks the truth.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031
                    I used to think he was overrated, but then I saw the Cardinals game and I did a complete 180. He took over the game, you couldn't run at him and your receivers were too afraid to cross near him.

I can agree with that. Briggs is good, but he is pro bowl caliber because of Urlacher. Take away Lach, and Briggs' faults would start to show, IMO. But, I still think Briggs is a good LB.

Comment

urlacher nor lewis are overated.

Comment

If Urlacher is overated I challenge anyone to name a MLB in the game today better than him.

If you said Zach Thomas or Vilma, you're wrong.

Give him another MVP or a Pro Bowl or two and he's in the HOF.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

His only job was too stop James, he was being run blitzed the whole time and he had no other resposibilites. The Bears knew what the Cards were doing, it wouldn't have made a difference if it was someone else in Urlacher's place.

The problem with your statement is that Boldin caught a TD right in front of him and ran it in.

He is over rated in that he isn't far and away the best LB in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn

The problem with your statement is that Boldin caught a TD right in front of him and ran it in.
                            That was Briggs.

And Urlacher is much better than the 2nd best MLB in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If you have him as the best defensive player in the league he is overrated. If you have him worlds better than the next MLB then he is overrated. If you have him as the top MLB by a decent amount then he is right where he belongs.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information