Brian Urlacher, overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Joe
    started a topic Brian Urlacher, overrated?

Brian Urlacher, overrated?

I just saw that in a players poll in SI magizine, that Brian Urlacher was voted overrated by 8% of the league. That was tied for the second largest % with Ray Lewis. Only T.O. had a higher percentage, and that was 10%.

I would assume that most of the Bears players voted for him, like a joke. But the rest of the league? Out of jealousy I guess.

What do you guys think? I think it is assinine, and that Brain Urlacher is argueably the best defensive player in the NFL.

Guest replied
    go away

Leave a comment:

• DChess
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe
    This doesn't have anything to do with the subject, but you gotta love how humble Urlacher is. He is a great role model for high school and college players.
    stop being such a girl they were discussing something

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i dont think he is overrated at all, i think he is a very good football player

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Brian Urlacher was overrated last year, the year before that. This is rediculous, these anonymous players need to put aside bias big time.

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by danman253
    After being at the bears game today and seeing him, anyone who calls him overrated is VYisagod dumb.
    Urlacher's performance last week against Arizona should have shut these people up. Hell, is DPOTY should have shut these people up. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    Dare I say he is underrated you still don't here people talk about him all that much.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    After being at the bears game today and seeing him, anyone who calls him overrated is VYisagod dumb.

Leave a comment:

• IBleedNavyandOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe
    This doesn't have anything to do with the subject, but you gotta love how humble Urlacher is. He is a great role model for high school and college players.
    Yeah, except he fu¬Ęked Paris Hilton. Not exactly a role model in that.

I think if you call Urlacher an all-time great at MLB, that's overrating him.

If you call him the best MLB in football right now, that's not.

If you call him one of the top 3 defensive players in football right now, that's not.

If you call him a legitimate candidate for NFL MVP, that's not.

If you think he can hold Singletary's jock strap, that's overrating him.

While I disagree with 90% of BBD's opinions, I agree that Urlacher is getting by on athleticism. But let's be honest--Peppers isn't great because he's a cerebral player, he's great because he's a freak. Urlacher's the same way. Time will tell if he grows beyond being an athletic freak.

And by then, this "overrated" crap will blow over.

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    What a stupid poll. Urlacher is great.

Leave a comment:

• Brodeur
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Originally posted by draftguru151
    http://www.answers.com/topic/julius-peppers

Not 100% sure it is true, but I'd believe it.
    That's stupid...this site is just like wikipedia. You can tell that it's just added on at the end and has no relevance. Most high school football teams don't even pass 23 times in a game.
    It is Wikipedia, except they copy wikipedia's article and don't edit it along with Wikipedia.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey Joe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ravens1991
    replied
    They took it off of wikipedia I check recently.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51

That's stupid...this site is just like wikipedia. You can tell that it's just added on at the end and has no relevance. Most high school football teams don't even pass 23 times in a game.
    Maybe they count times he got to the QB before he could hand the ball off?

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information