Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Then get Ramirez in round 3.
    You know, I've seen at least a dozen teams' fans plan/hope to get Ramirez in the 3rd.... which makes me think he's definitely not going to be there....

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
      Great point he had class unlike Roaf who left high and dry
      Wow...Way to appreciate one of the most dominant offensive lineman to ever lace 'em up...He had every right to decide when and where he calls it a career....If the Chiefs weren't competent enough to have a serviceable LT on the roster if Willie decided to retire or sustained some type of season-ending injury, then that's their fault....

Willie Anderson could retire a week before the season and I would respect him just as much as I do now...

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
        You know, I've seen at least a dozen teams' fans plan/hope to get Ramirez in the 3rd.... which makes me think he's definitely not going to be there....
        I know, thats what scares me.

The thing is, on this board, Ramirez is often more desired than a guy like Beekman, who by most scouts, is the better talent at OG.

So who knows. Whats the chances 4 OGs go in the first 3 rounds? Thats the hope Im clinging onto.

Comment

So basically, the Chiefs O-Line is gonna be even worse next year.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
          421 Witness
          756*

Comment

Yeah the Chiefs will be competitive but not a winning team. A great player is gone and unfortunately sports shows won't cover it like they should cause O -Line never gets recognition by the average fan.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernComfort View Post
              Wow...Way to appreciate one of the most dominant offensive lineman to ever lace 'em up...He had every right to decide when and where he calls it a career....If the Chiefs weren't competent enough to have a serviceable LT on the roster if Willie decided to retire or sustained some type of season-ending injury, then that's their fault....

Willie Anderson could retire a week before the season and I would respect him just as much as I do now...
              he ditched the team right before training camp leaving the Chiefs with zero options at LT that is not right have enough respect for the team to give some notice so they can prepare

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                he ditched the team right before training camp leaving the Chiefs with zero options at LT that is not right have enough respect for the team to give some notice so they can prepare
                He put in so many good years for your team....come on, the Chiefs shouldve prepared anyway.

He was considering retirement the year before. He gave the Chiefs plenty of time to prepare his heir.

Its not his fault the Chiefs didn't get the memo that he's old and considered retiring even before this past year.

Comment

This is a sad day to be a chiefs fan. Will Shields was probally one of the best o lineman to play the game. Willie Roaf and now Will Shields, I hate to say this but the chiefs are on the decline.

Comment

Saw this on pft, take it for what it's worth:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:28 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:13 p.m. EDT, April 15, 2007
                    SHIELDS RETIRED OVER MONEY?
                    A league source tells us that Will Shields has announced his retirement for one primary reason -- money.
                    As in Shields wanted more of it, and the team wasn't inclined to give it to him.
                    Per the source, Shields recently said that he is willing to play at least two more seasons.
                    It remains to be seen whether Shields' retirement results in more money, or whether the Chiefs will let him walk.
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

That seems pretty ridiculous. He thought about retiring last year as well, and it was obvious his body was deteriorating and he wasn't the same player.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

LJ was already screwed by getting Herm. Herm is a straight ahead play caller, Vermil was a cutback play caller.

If they can swing, a smart move would be to go:

1. Ben Grubbs, OG
                        2. Doug Free, OT
                        3. John Beck, QB

Comment

Shields started 15 of 16 games as a rookie in 1993, and then started every game from 1994 through 2006. What a warrior.

Per Shields' NFL.com profile.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Yeah, but he's a JAG. They need a premiere guy.

I think they should trade back, and get Ryan Kalil and Levi Brown. That would be a nice start.

Then get Ramirez in round 3.

Use their 2nd on a WR.

The defense will have to make do with what they got for now. Get Marvin White and Dameion Hughes on day 2. Hope your DTs can hold up for a year.
                            Or hope that the Jenkins to KC rumors are true.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                              LJ was already screwed by getting Herm. Herm is a straight ahead play caller, Vermil was a cutback play caller.
                              Yeah...except for the fact that they kept the same offensive system and simply promoted the old regime's offensive line coach to offensive coordinator. Not to mention the fact that Herm's background is on the defensive side of the ball.

Hooray for credibility.

Comment

Man the Cheifs use to have one of the best lines in football but now they are lookin very average
                                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information