No announcement yet.

Is Adam Vinatieri a HOFer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickers should have their own Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner

I like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991

I like that idea.
        add punters in there too. Has a punter ever made the HOF?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          Morton Anderson has had a long career and racked up stats with it, but has he had as many big moments as Vinatieri? No.
          do you honestly remember enough of morten anderson's kicks to make that sort of statement?

i mean, ignoring most stats, anderson has BY FAR more 50+ yard field goals than anyone ever, and i find it difficult to beieve that the argument could be made that it's due to longevity. i mean, he couldn't hit from 50 if his life depended on it, and hasn't been able to for several years now (zero in the last four years, 5 in the last 7).

i don't buy that a guy who hasn't, historically, been a very good regular season kicker should get in just because of a couple of playoff appearances. unless, of course, you're prepared to argue that Terrell Davis should get in for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN
            Originally posted by Ravens1991

I like that idea.
            add punters in there too. Has a punter ever made the HOF?
            there is one in it

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              Morton Anderson has had a long career and racked up stats with it, but has he had as many big moments as Vinatieri? No.
              do you honestly remember enough of morten anderson's kicks to make that sort of statement?

i mean, ignoring most stats, anderson has BY FAR more 50+ yard field goals than anyone ever, and i find it difficult to beieve that the argument could be made that it's due to longevity. i mean, he couldn't hit from 50 if his life depended on it, and hasn't been able to for several years now (zero in the last four years, 5 in the last 7).

i don't buy that a guy who hasn't, historically, been a very good regular season kicker should get in just because of a couple of playoff appearances. unless, of course, you're prepared to argue that Terrell Davis should get in for the same reason.
              Thats a fair argument. I can't honestly say I can recall all of Morten Anderson's career, so Im wrong for saying that. But you have to agree, that Vinatieri most likely has had more historical significance with his kicks compared to Anderson. I can't say that for sure of course, but we've never seen a kicker get this much attention by the public and players alike. That in itself should validate Vinatieri as more than just a good playoff kicker. The Pats franchised him last year. Franchised a KICKER. Think about that. Obviously he's much more than just a good playoff kicker for NE to do that.

Comment

[quote="bigbluedefense"]

Thats a fair argument. I can't honestly say I can recall all of Morten Anderson's career, so Im wrong for saying that. But you have to agree, that Vinatieri most likely has had more historical significance with his kicks compared to Anderson. I can't say that for sure of course, but we've never seen a kicker get this much attention by the public and players alike. That in itself should validate Vinatieri as more than just a good playoff kicker. The Pats franchised him last year. Franchised a KICKER. Think about that. Obviously he's much more than just a good playoff kicker for NE to do that.[/quote]

Yet he doesnt play for them anymore

Comment

I definately think he should, and he probably will. All those game winning kicks, without him the Pats don't have 3 SBs.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Thats a fair argument. I can't honestly say I can recall all of Morten Anderson's career, so Im wrong for saying that. But you have to agree, that Vinatieri most likely has had more historical significance with his kicks compared to Anderson. I can't say that for sure of course, but we've never seen a kicker get this much attention by the public and players alike. That in itself should validate Vinatieri as more than just a good playoff kicker. The Pats franchised him last year. Franchised a KICKER. Think about that. Obviously he's much more than just a good playoff kicker for NE to do that.
                    for sure. i dunno... i just have a hard time seeing vinatieri as a good enough career kicker to justify his inclusion. he's had a few great kicks lately, but isn't the hall about sustained greatness? i mean, just 4 short years ago, vinatieri was not only a 70% kicker, but he only made 50% from 30-39. he's only had 3 seasons in his career in which he connected with more than 85% of his kicks. clearly numbers are never anything, but i think they have to play a part here. interestingly, he's never tried more than 3 kicks over 50 in a season and never made more than 2 of them.

*shrug* i dunno. i'm just unconvinced that you can justify calling the guy one of the best kickers (really, in this case, the best) of all time based on a handful of kicks in a career of hundreds.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                      I definately think he should, and he probably will. All those game winning kicks, without him the Pats don't have 3 SBs.
                      without terrell davis, the broncos are 0-6 in the super bowl. are you going to support his candidacy as well?

Comment

I fully expect him to get in and deservingly so.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                          this would be so many rolling eyes if i hadn't promised sweetnees.

why do you expect him to? what has he done that's hall worthy?

Comment

I expect him to simply because of the Super Bowl winning kicks. I fully expect his career percentage of 82.7% to increase over the next few years because he plays at least half his games in a dome rather than in New England. He is also the most clutch kicker in NFL history in most people's minds. If he gets his percentage up like I'm expect him to, then he should get in. I think he and Morten Anderson are the only kickers that should be in.

Comment

I expect him to simply because of the Super Bowl winning kicks. I fully expect his career percentage of 82.7% to increase over the next few years because he plays at least half his games in a dome rather than in New England. He is also the most clutch kicker in NFL history in most people's minds. If he gets his percentage up like I'm expect him to, then he should get in. I think he and Morten Anderson are the only kickers that should be in.
                              fantastic :)

Comment

hell yes

Sig by BoneKrusher
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information