Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiki Barber or Eddie George: whos better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please change Poz's name in your sig...I've learned to stop laughing at your threads, but Poslunsky gets me every time...

Comment

Tiki Barber is way better. Eddie George only averaged like 3.5 ypc for his career. Sure he could yet 100 yards in a game, but it would take him like 30 carries. He really went downhill in his ypc average after having over 400 attempts in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
        Tiki Barber is way better. Eddie George only averaged like 3.5 ypc for his career. Sure he could yet 100 yards in a game, but it would take him like 30 carries. He really went downhill in his ypc average after having over 400 attempts in 2000.
        You know how hard it is to be able to carry the ball 30 times in a game week after week? That's durability that rarely comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
          You know how hard it is to be able to carry the ball 30 times in a game week after week? That's durability that rarely comes around.
          Yeah, but by the time he was 28, he was washed up. And as history indicates, guys have over 400 carries in a season severely decline. So don't be surprised if and when Larry Johnson starts to go downhill severely fast. He was already 24 when he got to the NFL.

Comment

MP123 it will be 99 years if the cubs don't win it this year

Comment

Both had good seasons. I'm taking Tiki Barber.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Eddie was better. Tiki was awesome those last 3 or 4 years though. Neither should be in the hall. What's my reasoning? Go loo at the list of all the hall of fame RBs so far and you'll agree.

Comment

i think tiki has a better shot at the hall just because of the way each ended their careers. George faded at the end of his career, while tiki had his best years at the end of his.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Not sure what George brings to the table that Tiki doesn't. I mean, George did not have one season with over 4 YPC.....and he is in a hall of fame discussion?

Tiki can be debated and as of right now I don't think he should be in, but he was a much better back than George.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Tiki isnt a winner. He never got the Giants anywhere and didnt really imerge as a RB until the end of his career.

Neither make the Hall of Fame. Its not baseball where everyone to ever make an all-star game seems to get in eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                        Tiki isnt a winner. He never got the Giants anywhere and didnt really imerge as a RB until the end of his career.

Neither make the Hall of Fame. Its not baseball where everyone to ever make an all-star game seems to get in eventually.
                        Um, the hardest HOF to get into is the baseball HOF, what are you talkin about?

Tiki carried us to the playoffs in Eli's 2nd year.

And he was our offense the year we went to the SB in 2000. He's done his part, he's definately a winner.

Comment

Since when do we argue about the overall quality of borderline HOF players? How is this really relevant to anything? These guys aren't the same type of back, so comparisons in terms of yards per touch and such are skewed. The whole topic makes little sense to me.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Since when do we argue about the overall quality of borderline HOF players? How is this really relevant to anything? These guys aren't the same type of back, so comparisons in terms of yards per touch and such are skewed. The whole topic makes little sense to me.
                            GRF said it matters, so it matters!

Comment

Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 04-17-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                GRF said it matters, so it matters!
                                Who's better: Cade McNown or Tim Couch?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information