Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiki Barber or Eddie George: whos better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

none, they both were/are overrated

Comment

That was a joke, PACK. Unfortunately, the debate between McNown and Couch is as relevant as the Eddie George/Tiki discussion.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

tiki barber

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          MP123 it will be 99 years if the cubs don't win it this year
          Yeah, they won it last in 1908. The reason I say 100 is because if they don't win this year, it will be 99. Then, the earliest they can win is 2008. If and when they win in 08, it will be 100 years since the last time I won. So that's why I say that.

Comment

eddie george is way better. the first eight years of Teek slice's career were terrible and he had like 15-20 fumbles a year. eddi was solid for a career and was really the titans only weapon for most of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
              Not sure what George brings to the table that Tiki doesn't. I mean, George did not have one season with over 4 YPC.....and he is in a hall of fame discussion?
              Well he had 2 over 4.0 actually. Bettis will probably get in with a 3.9 career avg. Is 4.0 some magical #? Like when Wal mart tries to sell you something at $19.99....it just seems so much cheaper than 20 bucks!

But seriously, if you watched the guy run in his prime (96-01), you'd know a stat doesn't tell the whole story at all. He wasn't the same back the last few years, and didn't have a very long run in his prime. He was one of the best at the time of his prime....but neither he nor Tiki are HOF's to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                Who's better: Cade McNown or Tim Couch?
                see there's your problem...you will only get answers if you start a thread about it...

Comment

wheres the tiki is better but neither deserve the hall of fame option?

Comment

That was a joke, PACK. Unfortunately, the debate between McNown and Couch is as relevant as the Eddie George/Tiki discussion.
                    Eddie couldnt even take it to the house and only averaged 3.2 yards per carry. Barber was known as a soft player. Im sorry but I think there both overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                      Yeah, they won it last in 1908. The reason I say 100 is because if they don't win this year, it will be 99. Then, the earliest they can win is 2008. If and when they win in 08, it will be 100 years since the last time I won. So that's why I say that.
                      ahhhh good call...your a thinker

Comment

How about "Eddie George is better, neither should be in the HOF".

Comment

How about "GRF>all and should be in the Hall of Fame over anyone here."

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                            You know how hard it is to be able to carry the ball 30 times in a game week after week? That's durability that rarely comes around.
                            I find it hard that people are trying to make a comparison between a workhorse RB that ran in a power running offense (George) and a Slash type RB that worked out of a more pass-happy offense (Tiki)

Frankly, I don't think either proved enough in their career to be HOF worthy. Both good players, but Neither have done anything to scream HOF. Sure Tiki has the 10kRushing/5k Receiving, but he still didn't really stand out until the last few years.

I'd rather face Tiki than Eddie George. 3.5 Yards a carry, whatever, 30 carries, that takes a toll.

I think a better comparison would be Tiki vs. Marshall Faulk and George vs. Jerome Bettis (Lopsided, but more comparable.)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Tiki's numbers are better, Tiki is more versatile. Not one RB in this history of NFL dominated over a three year span the way Tiki did these last three years. (Note: I believe this to be true, I did research on it and couldn't find anyone. If you find a player who out produced Tiki in a 3 year consecutive span, I'll give you mad rep)

Also a wise man once taught me to never trust a man with two first names. So that eliminates Eddie George from any discussion.
                              Last edited by Jughead10; 04-18-2007, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Who's better: Cade McNown or Tim Couch?
                                Tim Couch, browns killed any chance he had in the NFL...:(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information