Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiki Barber or Eddie George: whos better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GiantRutgersFan
    started a poll Tiki Barber or Eddie George: whos better?

Tiki Barber or Eddie George: whos better?

Eddie George is Better, but both should be in the Hall of fame
    17.07%
    Eddie George is Better. Only George should be in Hall of Fame
    35.37%
    Tiki Barber is Better but both should be in the Hall
    18.29%
    Tiki is Better. Only Tiki should be in Hall of Fame
    29.27%
    View more answers
    View less answers
    Not giving my opinion.

Who do you think is better of the two? and do you think either/none/both should be in the Hall of Fame?

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
    The guy doesn't handle short yardage situations, so his YPC is going to be higher than all-purpose backs. Plus his lack of TDs will really hurt him.
    But not handling short yardage works both ways. If he ran short yardage more often sure his YPC might have gone down a little, but then his TDs would have have gone up as well.

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    Listen, both Eddie George and Tiki Barber had about 5 years of brilliant production. I'm not sure that their overall stat totals and total amount of dominance are enough to make a clear HOF argument.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by duckseason View Post
    Sterling Sharpe is one of the greatest WR's to play the game. But I know you know that and I see your point about the others.
    I know, but he still isn't HOF worthy. I'm saying being in the public eye can only help a player who is borderline HOF. Or get someone who should be in the HOF, earlier than they deserve to be.

Leave a comment:

• ks_perfection
    replied
    Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I think Tiki is also fourth all time in YPC with RBs over 2,000 carries. Only behind Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, and Barry Sanders.
    The guy doesn't handle short yardage situations, so his YPC is going to be higher than all-purpose backs. Plus his lack of TDs will really hurt him.

Leave a comment:

• duckseason
    replied
    They were never good players. It will help Shannon Sharpe although he is terrible on TV.
    Sterling Sharpe is one of the greatest WR's to play the game. But I know you know that and I see your point about the others.

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
    Does any one even consider any of these people Hall of Famers? Lay down the crack pipe.
    You made a broad and general statement Ass Clown and I merely poked holes in it.

Leave a comment:

• eacantdraft
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Yeah its doing wonders for Sean Salisbury, Merill Hoge, Sterling Sharpe and Jamie Dukes.
    Does any one even consider any of these people Hall of Famers? Lay down the crack pipe.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Yeah its doing wonders for Sean Salisbury, Merill Hoge, Sterling Sharpe and Jamie Dukes.
    They were never good players. It will help Shannon Sharpe although he is terrible on TV.

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    Every athlete who works in the media after their career helps themselves. Witness Don Drysdale.

Leave a comment:

• eacantdraft
    replied
    He is only gonna help himself by staying in the spotlight working on the NBC football show and whatever after that.
    Every athlete who works in the media after their career helps themselves. Witness Don Drysdale.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Tiki is a borderline Hall of Famer, though he has more of a part of a foot in the door than other borderline guys.
    He is only gonna help himself by staying in the spotlight working on the NBC football show and whatever after that.

Leave a comment:

• eacantdraft
    replied
    Tiki is a borderline Hall of Famer, though he has more of a part of a foot in the door than other borderline guys.

Leave a comment:

• eacantdraft
    replied
    Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
    Tiki shouldn't come close, he had a few very good seasons and a bunch of meaningless action. Terrell Davis was similar only his productive seasons were great and he's not going to get in.

eacan sums up why George shouldn't either.
    Terrell Davis could have been one of the greatest running backs ever if he did not have some 300 pound guy roll up on his leg. And that was his own teammate that did it. It was an accident though.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    I think Tiki is also fourth all time in YPC with RBs over 2,000 carries. Only behind Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, and Barry Sanders.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information