Predict the Playoffs Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Post your predictions now before the draft. We can look up how we did in January...
    NFC.
    1.Eagles
    2.Niners
    3.Giants
    4.Bears
    AFC.
    1.Colts
    2.Chargers
    3.Jags
    4.Pats

^ bantx
    Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
    **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
    Originally posted by Jughead10
    I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
      Im going to pull a homer and say Green Bay Packers for the North.
      Yeah, they will be in it

^ bantx
      Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
      **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
      Originally posted by Jughead10
      I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

I can't make predictions until after the draft. Right now, our teams dont even have their rosters set.

And the old saying that having lots of rookies on your team will lead to a poor year is not true anymore.

Now more than ever you see rookies making a huge impact on their respective teams. Parity has changed the game, and a solid draft can turn a pretender to a contender in a heart beat with the right coaching staff (see NO last year).

2 impact rookies can be all the difference in the world. Its not like the old days, now teams are so even in talent, it takes great coaching and good drafting to be consistently a top tier team.

The rest of the league will fluctuate. But if you look back, the teams that are winners on a yearly basis are teams that have great coaching, and great drafting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I can't make predictions until after the draft. Right now, our teams dont even have their rosters set.

And the old saying that having lots of rookies on your team will lead to a poor year is not true anymore.

Now more than ever you see rookies making a huge impact on their respective teams. Parity has changed the game, and a solid draft can turn a pretender to a contender in a heart beat with the right coaching staff (see NO last year).

2 impact rookies can be all the difference in the world. Its not like the old days, now teams are so even in talent, it takes great coaching and good drafting to be consistently a top tier team.

The rest of the league will fluctuate. But if you look back, the teams that are winners on a yearly basis are teams that have great coaching, and great drafting.
          In other words, BBD is skerred to post here because he is never wrong. If he makes an educated guess and is incorrect, it will not be fun for him. LAME!!!!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

In other words, BBD is skerred to post here because he is never wrong. If he makes an educated guess and is incorrect, it will not be fun for him. LAME!!!!
            Lol, thats also true. After the Truths thread, its like I gotta predict everything right now, lol.

Ok, lemme give it a go.

NFC East: Eagles
            NFC South: Falcons
            NFC West: Seattle
            NFC North: Green Bay (Chicago is due for a letdown)
            WC - Giants (yeah, Im a homer, but the Giants always seem to do well when people think they're gonna stink, so Im holding onto hope)
            WC - Chicago

AFC East - NE
            South - Indy
            West - Denver
            North - Cinncy
            WC - Jags
            WC - Houston (yup...Houston)

There ya go.

Comment

Wow, BBD is a gigantic pushover. What a wimp who won't stand up for his principles. How could anyone love you now?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Wow, BBD is a gigantic pushover. What a wimp who won't stand up for his principles. How could anyone love you now?
                Lol, someone rep Bsaza for me, everytime I try it tells me I have to spread it around first.

Mama loves me. Thats all that matters. =)

Comment

I don't need rep for giving you crap in a funny and friendly way. It's really not necessary.

Comment

I don't need rep for giving you crap in a funny and friendly way. It's really not necessary.
                    Na, I wanted to rep you for your earlier posts where you broke down your reasoning.

Im surprised no one called me crazy yet for picking Houston to make the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Na, I wanted to rep you for your earlier posts where you broke down your reasoning.

Im surprised no one called me crazy yet for picking Houston to make the playoffs...
                      Oh, i didnt see that before and no cowboys....

Man, you crazy!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

I figured you threw that Houston pick in there to mess with the rest of us. Like maybe if BBD can make a mistake, then there's hope for the rest of us...

Comment

well BBD wanted to throw houston in there because nobody REALLY thinks they'll make it and he's messing with us, BUT if they somehow do make it BBD will look like even more of a genius
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

If you think about it, they really can get in.

Their offense is not nearly as bad as Carr made it look. They have a decent oline, and with the ZBS, they'll have a solid run game if they get a good back in the draft. If not, they can still have a decent run game with what they got.

If their HC can make Jake Plummer tolerable...I have high hopes that he can turn Schaub into a winner. Schaub will have a good year there. And Andre Johnson will have a breakout year.

Plus, they have a decent TE that will garner some media attention next year as well.

On defense, they have a playmaker in 2 out of the 3 phases of defense. Theyre a Brandon Merriweather in round 2 away from having a playmaker in all 3 sections of the defense. They will get better defensively with another year of development and with good drafting.

Basically, I feel that if Houston can come out with a good draft, they have the coaching staff and pieces in place to make a spash next year.

And theyre due for the playoffs. In this league of parity, its hard to suck for that long. They gotta make it to the dance sooner or later.

This could be a bulletin in this upcoming year's truths thread come to think of it...*jots this down*

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Before you say that, for my edification, please tell me when was the last time the NFC South had a repeat division champ? Bucs fans had the exact same sentiments last year. Carolina Panthers fans before that. Atlanta fans, well, you get the idea. While New Orleans has an easy schedule, except Atlanta, and Carolina have the exact same schedule, sans playing the 1st place teams from a year ago. Either way; nothing to get mad about, the fact of the matter is this thread means very little. Anyone who reads TMQ knows that even so-called "experts" have crappy predictions.

Oh, and by the way, I want to reinforce the point that the NFC South has never had a repeat division champ.
                              This isn't the NFC West or AFC East or any other division that's been around for 30+ years we're talking about. The NFC South has been in existance for a grand total of 5 years, so that argument really carries little to no credibility. The fact that there hasn't been a repeat division champion in a division that's only been around since 2002 is a coincidence, not a trend.

I'm not saying that the Saints will win the division, anyway. I'm saying that there's no logic behind picking them to miss the playoffs completely.
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                                This isn't the NFC West or AFC East or any other division that's been around for 30+ years we're talking about. The NFC South has been in existance for a grand total of 5 years, so that argument really carries little to no credibility. The fact that there hasn't been a repeat division champion in a division that's only been around since 2002 is a coincidence, not a trend.

I'm not saying that the Saints will win the division, anyway. I'm saying that there's no logic behind picking them to miss the playoffs completely.
                                Dude, since Houston came into the league, here are the breakdowns of division championships:

New England (5)
                                Indianapolis (4)
                                Philadelphia (4)
                                Green Bay (3)
                                Pittsburgh (2)
                                Baltimore (2)
                                Tampa Bay (2)
                                San Diego (2)

Really, with the exception of the Pats, Colts, and Eagles, there is parity everywhere. Only the Pats and Colts have made the playoffs each of the last 5 years. Everywhere else, there is parity. Most NFL teams rise and fall from year to year. It is not out of the question for the Saints to miss the playoffs. The NFC South is a competitive division. There is no guarantee that the Saints will have any additional success.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information