Predict the Playoffs Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryanGENE View Post
    Cowboys history not impressive? Coming from an Eagles fan. LAWL. Someone is envious of America's Team. The logic being he's an Eagles fan.
    I also think america's team is ludicrous. I continue to pander it just so i get a good chuckle.

so, don't think i'm promoting it in a good way. please. i am still reeling from the bills cowboys debacle 15 years ago. maybe i should italicise it next time.

saying it in a very bush-y way...
    america's team. america's team. america's team.

awesome.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

kind of early dont you think? to hell with it i will anyways

NFC
      Saints
      Dallas
      Bears
      49ers
      Wildcards
      Carolina
      Seahawks

AFC
      New England
      Colts
      Chargers
      Ravens
      Wildcards
      Bengals
      Raiders(yes thats right, the raiders)

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

AFC Division Winners:

New York Jets
        Baltimore Ravens
        Indianapolis Colts
        San Diego Charger

AFC Wild Card Winners:

New England Patriots
        Tennessee Titans

NFC Division Winners:

Philadelphia Eagles
        Chicago Bears
        New Orleans Saints
        Seattle Seahawks

NFC Wild Card Winners:

San Francisco 49ers
        St. Louis Rams

And the NFC West Shocks the World.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanGENE View Post
          Cowboys history not impressive? Coming from an Eagles fan. LAWL. Someone is envious of America's Team. The logic being he's an Eagles fan.
          I'm talking about sports in general. This is a football forum, but other sports actually exist. I'm thinking that the Yankees and Cardinals in baseball, the Celtics and Lakers in basketball, and the Montreal Canadiens in hockey stand out as more impressive in terms of overall team performance. Moreover, the Brazilian World Cup team has the same number of World Cup Championships as the Cowboys have Super Bowls, and the World Cup only takes place once every 4 years. Overall, the Cowboys really don't have the pedigree of other pro teams. I wasn't saying that their history wasn't significant. I was saying that their history wasn't so dominant and impressive that they could sit back and bask in the glow of calling themselves Americas Team. Basically, they are not that impressive and certainly not so important that they deserve this title.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

NFC East- Philadelphia - I think donovan will be healthy and therefore they'll murder everyone in their division.
            NFC South- Carolina - We had a 5-1 division record last year and we should have better chances this year with health of taking the division, our road schedule is pretty easy as well since we play both Jacksonville and Indianapolis at home.
            NFC North- Chicago - I don't want to pick chicago with the whole superbowl hangover thing, because the last 4 teams to lose in the superbowl have sucked the big one the next year, but the division is really crappy.
            NFC West- Seattle - Still the best team, if Arizona gets some help they'd get the vote, but they haven't yet.

Wildcard- New York, New Orleans Both these teams are still good enough to make the playoffs despite their divisions and schedules this year.

On the bubble- Dallas, New York Giants

AFC East- New England - Its NE and they've gotten better. Apparently Bellicheck is thinking of retiring, that might be BS but I've heard it. They prime for one more run.
            AFC South- Indianapolis - JAX still isn't good enough to knock them off
            AFC North- Cincinatti - Pittsburgh will be better than last year, but cincinatti is too good offensively to write off.
            AFC West- San Diego - I think they'll get to the SB.

Wildcard- Buffalo, Baltimore - Baltimore is straight forward, Buffalo, is my OMFG HOW DID THEY DO IT? pick.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              I'm talking about sports in general. This is a football forum, but other sports actually exist. I'm thinking that the Yankees and Cardinals in baseball, the Celtics and Lakers in basketball, and the Montreal Canadiens in hockey stand out as more impressive in terms of overall team performance. Moreover, the Brazilian World Cup team has the same number of World Cup Championships as the Cowboys have Super Bowls, and the World Cup only takes place once every 4 years. Overall, the Cowboys really don't have the pedigree of other pro teams. I wasn't saying that their history wasn't significant. I was saying that their history wasn't so dominant and impressive that they could sit back and bask in the glow of calling themselves Americas Team. Basically, they are not that impressive and certainly not so important that they deserve this title.
              Yankees:Baseball, Lakers:Basketball, Cowboys:Football

Comment

How can the Lakers be the best team in NBA history when Boston has many more championships? Bad, bad post.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

My argument here is that baseball is legally known and acknowledged by the government as 'America's pastime'. All Olympic athletes actually represent the US in international competition. Football is currently the most popular sport in America, but it is not really played much elsewhere. It is one of few purely American games. Regardless, the Cowboys are one of the better franchises in NFL history, but they don't have the right to call themselves 'America's Team'. It is complete BS, and I refuse to accept it.

Can we move on now?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    How can the Lakers be the best team in NBA history when Boston has many more championships? Bad, bad post.
                    Well I wasn't talking about championships. I was talking about franchise wise.

Comment

• The Celtics are the premier franchise in NBA history. Any neutral party with knowledge of NBA history will tell you that...

Comment

• NFC

East: NY Giants
                        North: Chicago
                        South: New Orleans
                        West: St. Louis

Wildcard: Philly, Green Bay

Green Bay will go 5-1 in that division, splitting with the bears and beating the crapass Vikings and Lions twice, so they squeek in.

AFC

East- Patriots

South-Colts

North- Steelers

West-Denver

Wildcard- Bungles, Chargers

Baltimore barely missing out.

Comment

• Sigh.....

The knicks extend Isiah Thomas, then lose 12 of the next 13 games, eliminating themselves from the playoffs....

sigh.....

I don't know what was more painful, sucking this bad to a point where its laughable, or getting my heart crushed in by Jordan and the refs every playoffs during the 90s.

I still hate Jordan. Every real Knick fan does. Damn you Jordan. Damn you to hell.

And you too Reggie Miller. You frog/rat.

And you too Charles Smith!!! Dammit, we shouldve beat em. JUST DUNK IT!!! JUST DUNK IT YOU FOOL!!!!

*cries in the corner*

Comment

• Reggie Miller is a Farengi. If you watched Star Trek in the 1990's, you know what I mean.

Separated at birth???

Last edited by bsaza2358; 04-18-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Reggie Miller is a Farengi. If you watched Star Trek in the 1990's, you know what I mean.

Separated at birth???

[img]http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/X/C/8/glory26010506.jpg[/img]
                              [img]http://mario.lapam.mo.it/ds9/gifs/quark.jpg [/img]
                              AHAHAHAHA

I wonder if anyone ever called him that. And if they did, I wonder if he ever got the joke.

Comment

• See the edits above.

My Knick fan friends called him that all the time. Of course, they never had close seats to see the Knicks-Pacers games, so they just screamed it at the TV...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information