Predict the Playoffs Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    The Celtics are the premier franchise in NBA history. Any neutral party with knowledge of NBA history will tell you that...
    well it could be argued. they are the two most storied nba franchises. when it comes to the nfl, it's the cowboys..ergo america's team.

/end

Comment

• 1.Philly - Ignore Homerism, I really believe this
      2.Bears
      3.Saints
      4.Seahawks
      5.Cowboys
      6.49ers

1. Pats
      2. Ravens
      3. Chargers
      4. Colts
      5. Steelers If they get Leon Hall, Otherwise the Broncos
      6. Jets

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanGENE View Post
        well it could be argued. they are the two most storied nba franchises. when it comes to the nfl, it's the cowboys..ergo america's team.

/end
        The Cowboys are not definitely the greatest franchise in football history. An argument can be made for several other teams, including the Packers, Bears, Giants, Steelers, Raiders, and Colts. I'm sure I missed a few teams in there, but I put down the biggies off the top of my head. Irregular periods of dominance in a sport that is not recognized as America's Pastime or America's Sport immediately disqualifies any NFL team from calling itself "America's Team" without subjecting itself to tremendous ridicule. It is an abomination that this has continued for so long.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• NFC

South- New Orleans

North- Chicago

West- Seattle

East- Giants

WC- 49ers

WC- GreenBay

AFC

South- Indianopolis

North- Cincinatti

West- San Diego

East- New York

WC- New England

WC- Miami
          ________
          LovelyWendie99
          Last edited by OSUGiants17; 05-10-2011, 08:59 PM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            If you think about it, they really can get in.

Their offense is not nearly as bad as Carr made it look. They have a decent oline, and with the ZBS, they'll have a solid run game if they get a good back in the draft. If not, they can still have a decent run game with what they got.

If their HC can make Jake Plummer tolerable...I have high hopes that he can turn Schaub into a winner. Schaub will have a good year there. And Andre Johnson will have a breakout year.

Plus, they have a decent TE that will garner some media attention next year as well.

On defense, they have a playmaker in 2 out of the 3 phases of defense. Theyre a Brandon Merriweather in round 2 away from having a playmaker in all 3 sections of the defense. They will get better defensively with another year of development and with good drafting.

Basically, I feel that if Houston can come out with a good draft, they have the coaching staff and pieces in place to make a spash next year.

And theyre due for the playoffs. In this league of parity, its hard to suck for that long. They gotta make it to the dance sooner or later.

This could be a bulletin in this upcoming year's truths thread come to think of it...*jots this down*
            Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            Well they did finish the season 6-7. With wins over the Jaguars twice, and against the Colts. Three of those losses came by one possession. They started out horribly while they adjusted to the scheme.

They have a young defense, with a lot of talent. They're going to improve by default, just because of experience.

Their offense is going to improve just by two moves; replacing Carr with Schaub. Who I think is a major improvement. As well as adding Ahman Green to the mix at RB. They have also bolstered the O-Line depth, and will surely add more in the draft.

Jerome Mathis is a impact returner, who will be healthy this year.

I really, really like Gary Kubiak as the head coach.

I demand Commie thank us for putting ourselves on the line, in supporting his team.

Comment

• i love how everyone every year is on the falcons bandwaggon once again , just to eat the crow in december/january. iam not sold on them , same like carolina for NFC champion AND Arizona for the next step...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                I demand Commie thank us for putting ourselves on the line, in supporting his team.
                Curious as to why you have so much confidence in Kubiak. Shanahan has absolutely no coaching tree whatsoever, which is astonishing considering he's been a HC for years. He's a control freak and his assistants have little/no input from what I gather. Kubiak was passed over for job after job even when the Broncos were in their prime winning Super Bowls. I think he was only hired in Houston because he's from the area.
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by GermanSaint View Post
                  i love how everyone every year is on the falcons bandwaggon once again , just to eat the crow in december/january. iam not sold on them , same like carolina for NFC champion AND Arizona for the next step...

Who is on the Falcons band-wagon, really? Carolina, on the other hand, has had one for the past four years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Who is on the Falcons band-wagon, really? Carolina, on the other hand, has had one for the past four years.
                    ok but the nfc south is like russian roulette and mostly one injury away from being a elite division . also i dont see yours improvement in the offseason , the only thing you guys took away was the "QB Controversy"... you are weak in the DL , you want to build a whole new OL + Blocking scheme , schaub is away , so there is no competition on QB and no real competition at RB . Yeah you got horn , but he is more of a mentor than a real threat.
                    iam not sold on Hall and Rossum as a passdefending duo since both are some toast.

sorry , i dont wanna be pretentious but its the first offseason for a long time where i see the saints as the nearly sure NFC South champ

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                      1.Philly - Ignore Homerism, I really believe this
                      2.Bears
                      3.Saints
                      4.Seahawks
                      5.Cowboys
                      6.49ers

1. Pats
                      2. Ravens
                      3. Chargers
                      4. Colts
                      5. Steelers If they get Leon Hall, Otherwise the Broncos
                      6. Jets
                      no offense but that doesn't make any sense. we hardly ever play our rookies so how is a rookie CB who even if he is picked up won't start going to help us make the playoffs??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• NFC North-Chicago
                        NFC South-New Orleans
                        NFC West-San Fran
                        NFC East-Washington
                        WC-Green Bay
                        WC-Arizona(Close teams: CAR,MIN,DAL)

AFC North-Cincy
                        AFC South-Indy
                        AFC West-San Diego
                        AFC East-New England
                        WC-Baltimore
                        WC-Jacksonville(Close:KC,DEN,BUF)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• I really don't know how someone can say, right now, that the Giants have a chance to win the division. The NFC East will be a good battle, but I think the Giants are in bad position.
                          They lost their MVP in Barber, and they will replace him with Droughns and a promising Jacobs. They lost their starting LT and they have a young QB who doesn't play good under pressure. Their defense is based on their DEs, if they got hurt like last year they're in trouble. They lost both their starting OLB and their interior line isn't that good too. On the secondary they have mediocre CBs, and the play of their safeties last year was bad.
                          Even their WR corp has problem, because other than Plaxico they don't have much. Toomer is old and coming from a major injury, Carter is just bad, and is Moss the answer?
                          Every team in the NFC East have question marks, but I think the Giants have too much.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• My predictions:

AFC:
                            East-- Patriots
                            North-- Ravens
                            South-- Indianapolis
                            West-- Chargers
                            Wildcard-- Broncos
                            Wildcard-- Bengals

NFC:
                            East-- Eagles
                            North-- Bears
                            South-- Saints
                            West-- 49ers
                            Wildcard-- Buccaneers
                            Wildcard-- Seahawks

Close but not quite: Jaguars, Cowboys, Jets, Panthers
                            Last edited by stl9erfan; 04-18-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• AFC:
                              East-- New England
                              North-- Cincinnati
                              South-- Indianapolis
                              West-- Denver
                              Wildcard-- San Diego
                              Wildcard-- Jacksonville

NFC:
                              East-- Dallas
                              North-- Chicago
                              South-- Tampa Bay
                              West-- St. Louis
                              Wildcard-- Seattle
                              Wildcard-- Philadelphia

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                                no offense but that doesn't make any sense. we hardly ever play our rookies so how is a rookie CB who even if he is picked up won't start going to help us make the playoffs??
                                in that case exclude thge steelers. the AFC is wwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to hard

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information