Mike Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Williams

I was wondering, if the Lions released Mike Williams this off season, would your team be willing to give him a chance?

He wasn't even that bad of a rookie last year considering he put up the same stats as Troy Williamson who had more experience, more money, was picked higher and wasn't over weight and out of shape coming off of a bad injury.

I think that he could be just as good as Mike Furrey has been this year for the Lions and probably better. I would hope that my Bills would give him a chance if the Lions released him after the season, I bet a lot of teams would give him a chance for the right price and a couple teams might even be willing to drop some solid coinage on him if he shows up for workouts in shape and looking good.

I know he has an attitude and a poor work ethic, but the kid is only 22 right now and could still be in college right now putting up the same stats as Dwayne Jarrett is for USC. I actually would hope that the Bills gave him a shot because we need a bigger receiver, ours are all fast and have no size to them at all.

Would your team give Mike Williams a shot?

Sure why not, it's worth a chance. I mean this kid was a talent at USC. I think with the right coaching he could be a solid player.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Re: Mike Williams

[quote="Space Ghost"]I was wondering, if the Lions released Mike Williams this off season, would your team be willing to give him a chance?
      quote]

This is more of a when not an if...
      http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

Re: Mike Williams

Originally posted by detknowitall
        Originally posted by Space Ghost
        I was wondering, if the Lions released Mike Williams this off season, would your team be willing to give him a chance?
        This is more of a when not an if...
        I would say that, but I am not sure about his contract, it might be more expensive for them to cut him so they might look to trade him during the draft or something in order to save money, if (when) they do cut him, it should be early in the off season to avoid bonuses and such, pretty much what the Eagles did and dropped him before they had to pay him.

Comment

Possibly but we dont need him.

Comment

Eh, he doesn't offer anything that Jacksonville doesn't already have on their roster.

Funny, Marques Colston is the player that Mike Williams was supposed to be.

Comment

Yes, but at TE. He's not built as a WR and he doesn't pose the attitude to make it. Put him as a #2 TE on passing downs perhaps.

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Rich McKay had a mancrush on Williams, so maybe.

Comment

Well, Fisher and Chow are both USC guys. Chow obviously coached him in college, and we could use a WR. But we have enough guys with attitude problems on this team, so I'd be wary.

Comment

If he came for cheap, I wouldn't write him off.. behind Horn/Colston, we really don't have any depth at the WR position.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Couldn't be any worse than Troy Williamson. :roll:

Comment

I'd take him. He has to be better than Rod Gardner.

Comment

Have you seen KC's WR's?Of course we SHOULD

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Couldn't be any worse than Troy Williamson. :roll:
                            Hey, atleast Troy has a good attitude.
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

If the price is right.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...