No announcement yet.

Proof that ESPN is full of numbskulls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well two of you beat me to it but what the hell.

I bet if you took away Jerry Rice's hands he wouldn't be the best WR.

I bet if you took away Orlando Pace's footwork he wouldn't be a great LT.

I bet if you took away Champ Bailey's reaction ability, he wouldnt be the best CB.

I bet if you took away Shaun Rogers' strength, he wouldnt be a dominant DT.

I bet if you took away Peyton Manning's brain he wouldnt be the best.

I bet if you took away Ricky Bobby's brain.... never mind.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

what's wrong with Romo being #10? i think thats pretty accurate

he as of now has a 93.7 QB rating
      he as of now has a 64.6 completion %
      is averaging 8.24 yards per attempt, 2nd in the league only behind Peyton Manning.

Has got better every game played
      73.7 qb rating vs Giants
      86.6 qb rating vs Panthers
      109.0 qb rating vs Redskins

If it was based on the whole season so far, then he shouldn't be #10 but its based more on week, to week.

Comment

Only problem I see is that Tony Romo is top 10 after only two good games. You're just mad because Eli isn't up there.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
          Only problem I see is that Tony Romo is top 10 after only two good games. You're just mad because Eli isn't up there.
          you guys don't understand its not about who is having the best season, its week to week.

You can't name me 10 QB's who have been better than Romo the last 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by dre1614
            you guys don't understand its not about who is having the best season, its week to week.

This is clearly not based off of weekly performance because Tom Brady is #2 after his terrible game on Sunday night.

Comment

Thats not the case, else Huard would be on here.

Plummer being on this list is enough to discredit it by itself.

Comment

This is clearly not based off of weekly performance because Tom Brady is #2 after his terrible game on Sunday night.

Maybe he takes into account the game flow, because 3 of Brady's int's were tipped.

And also if he ranked a qb #1 one week, and he has a bad week, he isn't all of a sudden going to rank him #30. part of it based on what he has done in the past, but most of it has been weekly production

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777

Thats not the case, else Huard would be on here.

Plummer being on this list is enough to discredit it by itself.
                  Maybe he doesn't like Huard as much as Romo, don't know what to say to you there.

Maybe age, and growth has part to do with it also.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King

Ok, I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about??? Do you have any idea what you are saying?? You are actually quite possibly the dumbest member on this board right now. Vick's arm is incredible so I don't know where you get that idea from. He has arguably the strongest arm in the league and doesn't even struggle that severly with accuracy, his problems for the past couple of years have to do with his footwork, which he has improved drastically this year with the help of quaterback coach Bill Musgrave. Also your argument of taking away Vick's mobility is completly pathetic, why would you take away the best asset of a great QB?? That's like taking away Peyton's work ethic. If you don't have an argument that you can actually back up don't even try.
                    Vicks arm is incredible. Yeah, Incredibly horrible.

Career stats
                    62 TDs 46 INTs 76.2 rating
                    This years stats
                    11 TDs 7 INTS 79.0 rating

After six years in the league, those stats should be getting better, but guess what? they aren't.

Gee what a great arm. Peyton Manning could do that blindfolded, with two broken legs and one arm tied behind his back (his right arm).

Now i know your argument will be either
                    a. Stats don't matter (It's a classic and it always cracks me up)
                    b. Look at his rushing numbers (In that case stick him in at RB and let Schaub take over the slinging duties.)

Oh and i forgot to mention his wowing 54.2 % career completion percentage. I'm amazed that you can actually come on here and call me the dumbest poster on this forum. You think that a guy with that kind of completion % has a good arm? And i'm the dumb one? Get real.

There are 26 QBs in the league that have better QB ratings than him this year.

Do I need to argue this point any further? i think not.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby

Career stats
                      This years stats
                      these stats are not indicative of having a great or poor arm. they're much more indicatve of his ability to read coverage and his receivers ability to catch the ball. the td numbers can also be influenced by the fact that their coach's strategy in the red zone is to pound the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King

Ok, I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about??? Do you have any idea what you are saying?? You are actually quite possibly the dumbest member on this board right now. Vick's arm is incredible so I don't know where you get that idea from. He has arguably the strongest arm in the league and doesn't even struggle that severly with accuracy, his problems for the past couple of years have to do with his footwork, which he has improved drastically this year with the help of quaterback coach Bill Musgrave. Also your argument of taking away Vick's mobility is completly pathetic, why would you take away the best asset of a great QB?? That's like taking away Peyton's work ethic. If you don't have an argument that you can actually back up don't even try.

Career stats
                        This years stats

Gee what a great arm. Peyton Manning could do that blindfolded, with two broken legs and one arm tied behind his back (his right arm).

Now i know your argument will be either
                        a. Stats don't matter (It's a classic and it always cracks me up)
                        b. Look at his rushing numbers (In that case stick him in at RB and let Schaub take over the slinging duties.)

Oh and i forgot to mention his wowing 54.2 % career completion percentage. I'm amazed that you can actually come on here and call me the dumbest poster on this forum. You think that a guy with that kind of completion % has a good arm? And i'm the dumb one? Get real.
                        He has an absolute rocket. Possibly the strongest in the league. Actually, PROBABLY the strongest. And have you watched Falcons games? Living in Canada, I don't get to see a ton, but when I do see them, his receivers drop EVERYTHING. It seems like I could do a better job. But yeah, incompetent receivers, MUST BE THE QB'S FAULT. Not even Peyton would be able to do well with the stone hands Vick's receivers have. When Ashley Lelie is your best wideout, you have problems.

Comment

these stats are not indicative of having a great or poor arm. they're much more indicatve of his ability to read coverage and his receivers ability to catch the ball. the td numbers can also be influenced by the fact that their coach's strategy in the red zone is to pound the ball.
                          Yeah the classic argument of having bad recievers. He has 3 first round picks starting at WR, Alge Crumpler, an All pro TE, and you would think that the superb running game would take the pressure off of the passing game, but no. You can argue that Marvin Harrison didn't make Peyton Manning, but Peyton Manning made Marvin Harrison. And how about Tom Brady tearing it up with a bunch of mediocre recievers his whole career? Having brains is part of being a good QB, and i've already said that Vick does not have what it takes upstairs to be an NFL QB.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                            He has an absolute rocket. Possibly the strongest in the league. Actually, PROBABLY the strongest. And have you watched Falcons games? Living in Canada, I don't get to see a ton, but when I do see them, his receivers drop EVERYTHING. It seems like I could do a better job. But yeah, incompetent receivers, MUST BE THE QB'S FAULT. Not even Peyton would be able to do well with the stone hands Vick's receivers have. When Ashley Lelie is your best wideout, you have problems.
                            Yeah and i bet Larry Allen could sling that ball pretty far also. Recievers don't just drop the ball. Unless the reciever's name is Todd Pinkston or Terrell Owens. But i digress. If the QB put the recievers in good position to catch the ball, they would catch it.

Comment

Yeah the classic argument of having bad recievers. He has 3 first round picks starting at WR, Alge Crumpler, an All pro TE, and you would think that the superb running game would take the pressure off of the passing game, but no. You can argue that Marvin Harrison didn't make Peyton Manning, but Peyton Manning made Marvin Harrison. And how about Tom Brady tearing it up with a bunch of mediocre recievers his whole career? Having brains is part of being a good QB, and i've already said that Vick does not have what it takes upstairs to be an NFL QB.
                              having first round picks at a position is also not indicative of talent. john elway couldn't turn marcus nash into an nfl receiver. for all of his accomplishments, steve young never turned jj stokes into a great nfl wr. dan marino couldn't help yatil green or randal hill.

Comment

having first round picks at a position is also not indicative of talent. john elway couldn't turn marcus nash into an nfl receiver. for all of his accomplishments, steve young never turned jj stokes into a great nfl wr. dan marino couldn't help yatil green or randal hill.
                                Yeah, first round pick is a terrible argument for talent. Robert Gallery must be a great LT. Ryan Leaf' headin to the HOF. Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are the best WR duo in the NFL. 1st round picks do not equal good players, buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information