Proof that ESPN is full of numbskulls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricky bobby
    I saw the pass that TO dropped on Romo. That was a drop. To be completely honest, i haven't seen that many Falcons games this year. But in the past the fault was not in the recievers it was in Vick taking off out of the pocket way too early. follow my reasoning.

1. Vick has great speed.
    2. Defenses respect speed so instead of blitzing Vick they try to at least contain him in the pocket.
    3. If a team doesn't blitz you and instead just tries to contain you in the pocket you have all day to throw.

Using logic, you would think that a QB who's legs draw so much attention from the defense would be able to make plays with his arm, But that is not the case with Vick. Therefore you can assume that Vick has a bad arm.

Just imagine if Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning didn't get blitzed. That would amount in 450 passing yards a game.
    Just imagine if Vick had the offensive line of Manning or Brady...

Comment

Since when does Michael Vick not get blitzed? :roll: This is what happens when people try to formulate an opinion based on statistics and an occasional highlight reel. In-accurate facts are thrown out. You have to watch the games to see what other people are talking about. Three weeks ago, Peter King, who watched the Falcons/Steelers game said the Falcons receivers average about five drops per game. Against the Lions, according the CBS Sportsline blogger covering the game live, nearly half of Vick's incomplete passes were flat out lack of concentration drops.

Now I am not saying discount dropped passes, they happen to every team. It's in the rare circumstances that it becomes contagious, ala the '04 Seattle Seahawks. But, the average team in the NFL has about 2-3 drops per game, the Falcons are double that. Even so; Vick is on pace to put up near 4,000 total yards and 25+ touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
        I saw the pass that TO dropped on Romo. That was a drop. To be completely honest, i haven't seen that many Falcons games this year. But in the past the fault was not in the recievers it was in Vick taking off out of the pocket way too early. follow my reasoning.

1. Vick has great speed.
        2. Defenses respect speed so instead of blitzing Vick they try to at least contain him in the pocket.
        3. If a team doesn't blitz you and instead just tries to contain you in the pocket you have all day to throw.

Using logic, you would think that a QB who's legs draw so much attention from the defense would be able to make plays with his arm, But that is not the case with Vick. Therefore you can assume that Vick has a bad arm.

Just imagine if Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning didn't get blitzed. That would amount in 450 passing yards a game.
        Just imagine if Vick had the offensive line of Manning or Brady...
        First its the recievers then its the Offensive line. :roll: You are just avoiding the real problem - Mike Vick.

"Inaccurate or not, you are in no position to be questioning other people's intelligence."

What kind of idiotic comment is that? If somebody writes something inaccurate i have every right to question the author's intelligence. And if you are implying that i'm unintelligent, look at yourself. You're the nincompoop with elisha cuthbert in your sig. This is a football forum buddy.

Comment

First its the recievers then its the Offensive line. :roll: You are just avoiding the real problem - Mike Vick.

"Inaccurate or not, you are in no position to be questioning other people's intelligence."

What kind of idiotic comment is that? If somebody writes something inaccurate i have every right to question the author's intelligence. And if you are implying that i'm unintelligent, look at yourself. You're the nincompoop with elisha cuthbert in your sig. This is a football forum buddy.
          I'm sure Shiver knows who said it, but I remember there was someone who said that if it wasn't Michael Vick behind that line, they would have twice as many sacks... and it's true.

As for your intelligence... yes, I was saying you have none.

As for my sig, I happen to be a heterosexual male... what are you?

Comment

They hired Michael Irvin, thats all the proof I need.

Comment

I didn't have much of an opinion of Vick before the Bengals game. I thought he had his good and bad moments.

All I know is that in the Bengals game he looked like freaking Dan Marino with Peter Warricks agility

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp

I'm sure Shiver knows who said it, but I remember there was someone who said that if it wasn't Michael Vick behind that line, they would have twice as many sacks... and it's true.
                It was 'Wale Ogunleye, he said if the Falcons "had any other QB" they would've sacked him ten times, instead of twice. Tommie Harris meanwhile, called our interior O-Line "soft."

Comment

Re: Proof that ESPN is full of numbskulls

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2652676

Summary
                  QB rankings

1. Peyton Manning
                  2. Tom Brady
                  3. Drew Bress

So far so good right? But wait it gets better

4. Philip Rivers - Umm yeaahhh the 4rth best in the league
                  5. Donovan McNabb
                  6. Mike Vick - If you took away his mobility, he'd be nothing.
                  7. Marc Bulger
                  8. Jake Plummer - Wasn't there a QB controversy a week ago?
                  9. Carson Palmer
                  10. Tony Romo - He's looked good in his two starts, but come on get real

They go on to rank all the 32 starting QBs. Asside from a couple players who deserve to be higher, ex. Eli Manning, Damon Huard, Rex Grossman, it's pretty good.

The sportsnation rankings are much more accurate.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...tranker?id=599
                  Thats like saying without his laser, rocket arm, Peyton would be nothing. He has his mobility, and it makes him a winning quarterback

Comment

Exactly, it's not like anyone thinks he is an elite passer. I think he's average, he's not Drew Brees or Marc Bulger, but he's better than Jake Plummer. It just doesn't work to selectively remove a player's attributes, it just doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information