Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Suspensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm actually shocked by the sentiments in this thread that people still are willing to put the game above all else. I mean these incidents are becoming more and more serious and yet fans still want their players playing despite these things. Where are all the fans that wanted Ray Lewis out of the league for his role in the Atlanta crime, or Jamal Lewis cast aside because of his role in drug trafficking, or the backlash against the Bengals? Everyone is quick to bad mouth Pacman Jones for his behavior but what if it was a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or even the great Brett Favre, who had his addiction to pain killers and yet the masses didn't rally around throwing him out of the league, had all these scruffs with the law would you still call for their suspension or expulsion? Not to mention that the media has a huge role in this whole scenario as well, they always thrust the bad of sports to the forefront while the good is almost never covered. For all the bad press about the Bengals this past year, you never heard of a story about players that didn't get into trouble or about their community involvement. The media in the US has become dominated by the tabloid obsession where the only good news is bad news and America eats it up. But they are still willing to let things slide as long as you can "ball".

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

    Comment


    • #32
      Another future suspension I could see is DR. He's already had a DUI this year and her got off scot free. If he does it again, I'm sure we'll see a suspension.


      Thanks to jackalope

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by tEk View Post
        thats ok but the nfl should at least have a trial too. i mean if they will not be convicted then they are innocent. but the nfl should have their own way of testing the prosecutor legitimacy. although i know thats double jeopardy but w/e.

        Goodell is the trial. If he finds you guilty and suspends you, you're screwed. A trial would be a waste of time, especially since everyone knows already whether the person is guilty, they just need to decide the punishment.


        As for "you're taking away from the game" comments, please shut the hell up. That's completely idiotic. How is some idiot repeatedly drinking and driving *good* for the game? Especially if he gets on the field and everyone talks about how great he is, and make him out to be a role model for kids?

        Comment


        • #34
          If Cedric Griffin is suspended, I'm going to be pissed.


          http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
            If Cedric Griffin is suspended, I'm going to be pissed.
            what did cedric griffin do??


            Silverback....still the best.

            +rep to Jakey for the sig

            Comment


            • #36
              Personally I believe player's, depending on their act, deserve one shot. I would say a minimal fine for a first DUI arrest/conviction, but a second warrants a significant fine and significant suspension.

              Let's be honest, people make mistakes, nobody is perfect. The issue with a lot of people, not just in the NFL, is that they don't learn from their mistakes. One DUI is not fine by any means, but it likely was a momentarily lapse in judgement. A second, third, etc DUI shows a pattern of illegal and unfavorable behavior.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                what did cedric griffin do??
                He got kicked out of club because he wouldn't pull his pants up.


                http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  He got kicked out of club because he wouldn't pull his pants up.
                  what a dumbhass. was it really hard for him to not pull his pants up?? is he such a gangster that he has to try and strangle his knee caps?? i am a cedric griffin fan, but that almost makes me want him to get in trouble. he had the choice to rectify the situation and to be that damn hardheaded?? sagging in general annoys the piss out of me.


                  Silverback....still the best.

                  +rep to Jakey for the sig

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Figured I'd give this a bump with the news of Jared Allen's suspension, which is mentioned in the first post.

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Michael Vick

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                        Michael Vick
                        Who has done nothing wrong yet. He won't get suspended for being the family member of someone who screwed up, and to even think he would is... well... the sign of someone who is around your level of intelligence.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                          Michael Vick
                          The hatred Michael Vick warrants is ridiculous. For one thing I don't recall any instances in which he was arrested or charged with a crime, not to mention his work with communities in the Atlanta area are commendable. People are trying to bring down a good player just for blind hatred and is sickening.

                          Magical sig by OSUGiants

                          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                          Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                            Who has done nothing wrong yet. He won't get suspended for being the family member of someone who screwed up, and to even think he would is... well... the sign of someone who is around your level of intelligence.
                            Yes he has done something wrong. His poor judgement is what is wrong. It's not just a coincidence that Vick has made tons of negative headlines, and that is unacceptable for someone who is the face of a franchise and a role model for kids. After all that has transpired over the past year with Vick, he'll be suspended for 4 games. Once he is linked (and he will be) to dog fighting, he'll be suspended for a year.

                            PS - How can you question my intelligence after I owned you in the last thread? Next time you make an ignorant stance, make sure i'm not around, or i'll own you agian.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                              Yes he has done something wrong. His poor judgement is what is wrong. It's not just a coincidence that Vick has made tons of negative headlines, and that is unacceptable for someone who is the face of a franchise and a role model for kids. After all that has transpired over the past year with Vick, he'll be suspended for 4 games. Once he is linked (and he will be) to dog fighting, he'll be suspended for a year.

                              PS - How can you question my intelligence after I owned you in the last thread? Next time you make an ignorant stance, make sure i'm not around, or i'll own you agian.

                              Tons? You mean four, including this one? If four is tons to you, then you must be tons of years old.

                              As for you owning me, where was this? Seeing as most of your posts are incoherent babbling, it's hard to tell what you're saying. Perhaps if you removed your head from your ass and looked at the keyboard while you typed, it would make sense.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                                Tons? You mean four, including this one? If four is tons to you, then you must be tons of years old.

                                As for you owning me, where was this? Seeing as most of your posts are incoherent babbling, it's hard to tell what you're saying. Perhaps if you removed your head from your ass and looked at the keyboard while you typed, it would make sense.
                                Well, you still haven't given me a decent response.

                                Then, big bad internet bully (frogstomp) tries to insult me by posting incest material, which begs the question; What really goes on inside your demented head. I take the high road and try to not insult you back. But hey, if you want to settle this like a man, rather than a little b**ch, feel free to send me a message indicating when and where.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information