Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Suspensions

Here's an interesting quote from Peter King on cnnsi.com :

"I think the next man on Goodell's conduct radar screen could well be Kansas City defensive end Jared Allen, whose two DUI convictions within the last year will certainly get him some time off. I have heard that Goodell plans to give first-time DUI offenders two-game bans. Two-time offenders? I think it will be more than four games. I'm guessing six or eight, but let's see what happens when Goodell interviews Allen."

I think it will be interesting in the next couple of weeks after the draft with the Commish talking with some players and possibly handing out some suspensions. With the high number of arrests last year with players I think he's actually doing a good job in trying to restore the image of the NFL.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

I disagree. We as fans suffer when he suspends players. There has to be a better way, I mean the league has to appear as though it cares, but why punish the fans of the game in an attempt to please those vocal minorities that will harp on about the lack of discipline.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
      I disagree. We as fans suffer when he suspends players. There has to be a better way, I mean the league has to appear as though it cares, but why punish the fans of the game in an attempt to please those vocal minorities that will harp on about the lack of discipline.
      So there should be no repercussions for their actions?

I'm guessing Porter could be next. His mouth + Fines + Fights could land him in the hot seat soon.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Players that should recieve some sort of suspension

Jared Allen-2 DUIs is ridiculous. i think he deserves at least a 3 game suspension
        Joey Porter-The fight was a huge hit for him. He should lose a game or two.
        Willis McGahee-This might just be sour grapes but the guy has like 4 illegitimate children. he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Comment

lol poor mcgahee

i think what goodell is doing is great, if any of us did this stuff we would be fired in a second, NFL players shouldn't be held to lower standards than us just because they can play a sport

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post

Jared Allen-2 DUIs is ridiculous. i think he deserves at least a 3 game suspension
            Willis McGahee-This might just be sour grapes but the guy has like 4 illegitimate children. he needs to be held accountable for his actions.
            Let me take you into my mental picture here.

Courtroom, Willis on the stand, judge sitting there, with her toga all pretty black, kinda like judge Judy... moving on! Anyways judge goes like 'you have knocked up four women and all your children are illegitimate! how do you explain this?'
            Willis looks at her, with his big puppy-dog eyes and says 'miss Judge? I can call you miss right? I guess sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... y'know?'
            Judge looks at him in amazement: 'no, mr. McGahee, I don't understand what you mean'
            Willis falls down on his knees (tearing the ACL's on both of them, ending his season) and screams (well, after he cried because of the ACL's): 'pleas miss Judge, I didn't mean to! I just wanted to surprise them and they said chocolates and flowers weren't gonna cut it, so I figured a surprise pregnancy would be a romantic idea!'
            The judge, who has watched her collegue in the trial over Anna Nicole Smith's remains and has learned, breaks down in tears and mutters to Willis: 'I just hope you give these kids a fair shot at life!'

Then he is found innocent (I don't know of what charge, do you care?) and in comes Goodell, who serves him a four-game suspension: 'one for each time you ****** up!'

(get it? 4 kids, 4 ****-ups.)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              So there should be no repercussions for their actions?
              That's why the Law is there.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post

that doesnt quite sound like some thing that would warrant a suspension....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                  Yeah, the NFL doesn't belong in the players personals lives like that. The suspensions for violating the law are right. Something has to be done by the league to stop these players from thinking they are above the law. But just because their personal life, family, and attitude aren't exactly what some people want to see doesn't mean the NFL can tell people what to do in their lives. Some of you sound like you want to suspend McGahee, but I wonder how many would want to suspend Tom Brady for the same thing..

Comment

This is going to end up like David Stern...

Cut pay for the games but let them play, don't hurt the fans, teammates, owners of the player, just the players pocket with larger fines.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      This is going to end up like David Stern...

Cut pay for the games but let them play, don't hurt the fans, teammates, owners of the player, just the players pocket with larger fines.
                      Let's say Braylon Edwards got two DUI's and was suspended. Are you going to stop watching Browns games? Of course not. So supsending these players doesn't effect the NFL at all. And as long as you keep watching it doesn't really effect the fans. Something should be done for having two DUIs though. I think a 4 game suspension should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                        A player shouldn't be suspended for something that is not a crime.

And if you suspend Willis McGahee for this, you have to take a look at Tom Brady as well. And many other players.

Comment

I think the McGahee example was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                            Maybe the players should start thinking about the fans, and their teammates before they start getting themselves in trouble. All they think about is themselves.

If all players knows that a star on the team is in a potential troublesome situation, may be they can intervene to get that player help before a situation arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              Let's say Braylon Edwards got two DUI's and was suspended. Are you going to stop watching Browns games? Of course not. So supsending these players doesn't effect the NFL at all. And as long as you keep watching it doesn't really effect the fans. Something should be done for having two DUIs though. I think a 4 game suspension should be fine.
                              No it doesn't effect me watching the Browns games, I wouldn't miss them for pretty much anything.

Now if we lose the game by a 3 or 4 points, without Edwards you wonder "Did that cost us the game?"

And it lingers, just take their pay from that game, that will get the message across.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information