Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive lineman drafted in the 1st round.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
      Hall of Famers at every position can come in any round. Sometimes it's a clear cut situation (Walter Jones, Ogden), and sometimes it's a later round choice that pays off (Larry Allen).
      Will Shields was a 3rd round pick can you say steal and Brain Waters was undrafted. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
        Hall of Famers at every position can come in any round. Sometimes it's a clear cut situation (Walter Jones, Ogden), and sometimes it's a later round choice that pays off (Larry Allen).
        Will Shields was a 3rd round pick can you say steal and Brain Waters was undrafted. :shock:
        Didn't Waters used to play RB?

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Well Ill be apart of the small minority here. I wouldnt draft an O-lineman in the first round unless he is a sure fire pick like Brickshaw Ferguson. I think you get great O-lineman later in the draft.
          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
            FB at North Texas, Dallas brought him in as a UDFA, released him, we picked him up, put some weight on him and he went to NFL europe for a season, now he's the best LG in the NFL
            i said good day.

sig by rainbeaukid

Comment

Originally posted by effthiskid11
              Originally posted by draftguru151
              FB at North Texas, Dallas brought him in as a UDFA, released him, we picked him up, put some weight on him and he went to NFL europe for a season, now he's the best LG in the NFL
              It's because he was in Dallas

BoneKrusher

Comment

The Bengals have found great success taking OL's early in the draft.

We have three of the better OL in the league in Levi Jones (10th pick), Willie Anderson (10th pick) and Eric Steinbach (1st pick of second round).

So I'm a believe in taking them early... 2nd round is a great spot. Without a Oline your team WILL struggle, regardless of who you have at the other positions (see Bengals current situation).

Comment

O-lineman are worth 1st round picks, but's it's not hard to find on in the later rounds. the Packers have 2 very good 7th round starting linemen (Mark Tauscher, Scott Wells)

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Mike Williams, Leonard Davis, and Robert Gallery anyone?

Aaron Gibson, the list goes on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                      Mike Williams, Leonard Davis, and Robert Gallery anyone?

Aaron Gibson, the list goes on.
                      UT Players ... Well two of those are. Good point though, exactly...
                      Whats up buttercup!

Comment

So I guess by that logic, nobody should draft anyone in the first round?

Anyway, the most important unit on a field is the OL. And as DG said, tackles should be first round, as well as great gyuards, and centers (Like Mangold). The very good ones will go 2nd and 3rd, and every once in a while, someone might luck out and get a gem later.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                          every once in a while, someone might luck out and get a gem later.
                          No this isnt the Quarterback position were talking about here. There are at least 10-20 O-lineman drafted in the middle to late rounds a year that become solid starters in their career. Couldnt say that for the Quarterback position.
                          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeys
                            No this isnt the Quarterback position were talking about here. There are at least 10-20 O-lineman drafted in the middle to late rounds a year that become solid starters in their career. Couldnt say that for the Quarterback position.
                            Ten to twenty per year? That's reaching a little bit. I think five or six is a more accurate statement.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                              Originally posted by Pokeys
                              Ten to twenty per year? That's reaching a little bit. I think five or six is a more accurate statement.
                              Yeah Reaching a bit... 5-10 per year. But you catch my drift
                              Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Of course there undervalued.

"Its all about the battle in the trenches!"
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information