Urlacher fined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
    Alcohol on Urlacher??? Strippers on Urlacher??? Hookers on Urlacher???
    What is Urlacher's episode on the Jerry Springer Show Alex?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Why exactly should the NFL have waited to fine him?
      Sarcasm, I mean why wait this long to fine him for something a couple months ago?

Sig by Ctmagic24

Comment

Anyone else think that the head honchos have too much free time?

And As much as the NFL has certain "Sponsors", you can't wear a sports shoe not Ok'd by the NFL?

Isn't that a monopoly?

That sucks as a player, considering Bush got a deal with Adidas, but can't wear the shoes.

I can't see the big deal frankly...

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
          I do. I'm just surprised this is what they do for fun.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

And As much as the NFL has certain "Sponsors", you can't wear a sports shoe not Ok'd by the NFL?

Isn't that a monopoly?

That sucks as a player, considering Bush got a deal with Adidas, but can't wear the shoes.

I can't see the big deal frankly...
            The big deal is millions upon millions of sponsorship dollars. If the NFL doesn't enforce their policy, they lose out on that revenue.

Comment

Im pretty sure the Vitamin water company is gonna pay for that fine. I bet Urlacher told them that he'll wear the hat if they pay the fine.

Think about it, you get paid 200Gs to promote a product for a week, get fined 100G for it, you still come out on top.

Plus, its good for the company, because they get more exposure when tv stations such as ESPN report on it. They got a return on their investment, Urlacher made some money, and they worked the NFL.

Its good business.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Im pretty sure the Vitamin water company is gonna pay for that fine. I bet Urlacher told them that he'll wear the hat if they pay the fine.

Think about it, you get paid 200Gs to promote a product for a week, get fined 100G for it, you still come out on top.

Plus, its good for the company, because they get more exposure when tv stations such as ESPN report on it. They got a return on their investment, Urlacher made some money, and they worked the NFL.

Its good business.
                Yeah. When you factor in the large amount of added national exposure, it actually seems wise to just plan something like this into your advertising structure.

Comment

Its good business.

And with all that said still Gatorade> Vitamin Water.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I am quite sure that Urlacher was well aware of what he was doing there. The reason the fine was so high was because the NFL assumed the money would be paid by the sponsor or that Urlacher was paid significantly to wear said hat. All in all, Vitamin Water got a great promotional deal out of it. They didn't have to pay the huge fees to become an NFL sponsor, and they're getting a ton of publicity.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I actually like Vitamin Water. It is a very underrated beverage. That being said, I love any red flavored Gatorade.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Yeah. When you factor in the large amount of added national exposure, it actually seems wise to just plan something like this into your advertising structure.
                        Oh definately. Its a great business move on the company's part. They got way more exposure than 100gs should buy you. Say they spent 200gs in total, 100gs for the fine, and 100 for Urlacher, thats still a great investment.

You ever see that show Orange County Choppers? You see companies use them as a form of advertisement all the time. Like Snap-On for example. They know that alot of people who watch that show, would be inclined to buy their tools.

So they pay OCC 200gs to build a bike, and they get 2 1 hour episodes involving building a bike for Snap-On. Thats 2 hours of advertising for 200gs, directed at your target audience. Think about that. Its brilliant. Thats the main reason why OCC blew up. For that exact reason.

Everything in this world is a business. Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          I actually like Vitamin Water. It is a very underrated beverage. That being said, I love any red flavored Gatorade.
                          Lemon Lime is where its at.

Comment

Lemon Lime is where its at.
                            I prefer Orange flavor actually.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Funny thing is that I hate the color red for the most part (long, uninteresting story), but I love red Gatorade. I think it's just a flavor preference, but surely people care about what I like.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                                Funny thing is that I hate the color red for the most part (long, uninteresting story), but I love red Gatorade. I think it's just a flavor preference, but surely people care about what I like.
                                I immensely care about your "fruity" preference when it comes to Gatorade! :D

*Is on the edge of his seat reading the previous post*

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information