No announcement yet.

will next year be the redskins year...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until you remove your sig I neglect you as a real person.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

If redskins fans talk about how its their year to win the SB again this offseason after they sign another round of washed up FAs, Im going to flip a brick.

It should be clear to everyone by now that their system of "success" is a complete failure. Im tired of them being perennial SB contenders because they get a bunch of washed up FAs, and ESPN churns the hype about how great theyre gonna be and how Gibbs is so awesome.

Anyone with some common sense knew that Carter wouldn't do JACK for them, and Arch was a downgrade this past offseason, and that Randle El was a 25 million dollar slot receiver and Lloyd S UCKS. Yet we had to hear all offseason about how those moves would bring them to the promised land. Give me a break. If we go through this again, Im going to go nuts in the offseason.

Comment

Out of all NFC teams especially on these boards the skins are the least hyped, and you can't say every year the media calls us super bowl contenders it was just this past year and with common sense it was reasonable. A team who was a quarter from the NFC championship who's biggest weakness was the recieving corps added 2 good recievers, no one could have said that the same exact defense from last year would play so poorly, and that Brunell would be so bad, to say that going into this year the skins weren't a superbowl contender would be idiotic. Common sense tells me that when a top NFC team from the year before adds better players that they have a good chance at it.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettosermon
          Out of all NFC teams especially on these boards the skins are the least hyped, and you can't say every year the media calls us super bowl contenders it was just this past year and with common sense it was reasonable. A team who was a quarter from the NFC championship who's biggest weakness was the recieving corps added 2 good recievers, no one could have said that the same exact defense from last year would play so poorly, and that Brunell would be so bad, to say that going into this year the skins weren't a superbowl contender would be idiotic. Common sense tells me that when a top NFC team from the year before adds better players that they have a good chance at it.
          But did they really add better players? Think about that. Carter is nothing special at all. Arch is a downgrade. Randle El as a receiver is mediocre. Lloyd is a bust, he had 1 highlight catch last year and he's an upgrade?

The truth is they downgraded themselves. They implemented an offensive system that doesn't fit their personnell, their aging qb got a year older, they downgraded their defense with Arch. There was no upgrades, only downgrades.

The biggest mistake was taking Gibbs offense away from him. Al Saunders is big time overrated. Gibbs used his parts better. Santana is invisible in Saunder's scheme, its a joke. I don't care if his playbook is 900 pages long, because apparantley its 900 pages of checking down to Laddell Betts.

All of us here are not the casual fan, while the casual fan could maybe see a SB in Washington this year, none of us who actually know the team and personnell honestly felt that way. I said theyd be bottom of the division before all this happened, and Im right.

Comment

Let's see, last year vs. this year:
            Andre Carter>Renaldo Wynn
            Adam Archuleta=Ryan Clark
            Brandon Lloyd>James Thrash
            Antwaan Randle El>Jimmy Farris

So don't say they weren't upgrades. As far as Al Saunders you all kill him now but when he was in KC he was viewed as a guru, before the season everyone thought this would be an explosive offense.

Comment

Let's see, last year vs. this year:
              Andre Carter>Renaldo Wynn
              Adam Archuleta=Ryan Clark
              Brandon Lloyd>James Thrash
              Antwaan Randle El>Jimmy Farris

So don't say they weren't upgrades. As far as Al Saunders you all kill him now but when he was in KC he was viewed as a guru, before the season everyone thought this would be an explosive offense.
              I said during training camp that he would be a disappointment.

And those "upgrades" are so small, you basically upgraded from a hyundai elentra to a toyota corolla.

Comment

Hey my 85 Corolla is still strong and running don't underestimate minor upgrades. Also based on TC what were you basing your bashing Al Saunders on, other than NFC East Homerism?

Comment

Hey my 85 Corolla is still strong and running don't underestimate minor upgrades. Also based on TC what were you basing your bashing Al Saunders on, other than NFC East Homerism?
                  Remember the "Truths" thread I made? I thought from judging the personnell, and the philosophy itself, that Saunder's "schemes" were overrated. Im not a fan of setting up the run with the pass and the spread offense style. I also noticed that Saunder's "genius" in KC took a dramatic dip when Roaf was gone for a short time. Anyone can look like a guru when all they do is tell LJ to run offtackle behind Roaf to the left, or pull right with Willie Shields leading the way and Tony Richardson as lead blocker.

I felt that Gibbs style of run run PA pass, and screens with Moss fit your personnell better. And I still feel that way. Give the offense back to Gibbs, and I guarantee you see an increase in production.

EDIT: I like Toyota, and you may not know this, but the 85/86 Corolla is actually a cult car, and is a famous drift car. If you spiffy it up you'll have yourself a cult car. Look up the ae86 Toyota corolla if you don't believe me. Your car is wanted by a lot of people out there.

Comment

How many draft picks do the Redskins have this year?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                    Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Remember the "Truths" thread I made? I thought from judging the personnell, and the philosophy itself, that Saunder's "schemes" were overrated. Im not a fan of setting up the run with the pass and the spread offense style. I also noticed that Saunder's "genius" in KC took a dramatic dip when Roaf was gone for a short time. Anyone can look like a guru when all they do is tell LJ to run offtackle behind Roaf to the left, or pull right with Willie Shields leading the way and Tony Richardson as lead blocker.

I felt that Gibbs style of run run PA pass, and screens with Moss fit your personnell better. And I still feel that way. Give the offense back to Gibbs, and I guarantee you see an increase in production.

EDIT: I like Toyota, and you may not know this, but the 85/86 Corolla is actually a cult car, and is a famous drift car. If you spiffy it up you'll have yourself a cult car. Look up the ae86 Toyota corolla if you don't believe me. Your car is wanted by a lot of people out there.
                      Thanks for the info my mechanic was offering $800 I was gladly gonna take it but I didn't have another car at the time.[/b]

Comment

Originally posted by Poet3334
                        A first rounder and a couple day 2 picks.

Comment

i thought this was there year......

Comment

Actually, the correct answer is either a) the Falcons first rounder in exchange for their own, plus their 3rd round pick, and their 5th-7th rounders or b) their own 1st rounder and their 5th-7th picks.

Depending on where they finish in relation to the Falcons, that could change a little bit. But the most likely case is that their 1st round pick will be in the 7-13 range, and that they will swap with the Falcons, who will likely be in the 18-25 range. If that happens, then a) will be the result. If Washington somehow miraculously finishes in front of Atlanta, then b) will happen. However, if they finish fairly close together, like, say, Washington at 14 and Atl at 16, then there are other shades of grey that will come into play. As far as I know, those haven't been fully explained yet, but you get the general idea. This is all the result of the Duckett, Lelie, (Washington pick) trade that went down right before the season began.
                            Originally posted by 21ST
                            He was protecting his self
                            Originally posted by tjsunstein
                            From what? His leg?
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              Actually, the correct answer is either a) the Falcons first rounder in exchange for their own, plus their 3rd round pick, and their 5th-7th rounders or b) their own 1st rounder and their 5th-7th picks.

Depending on where they finish in relation to the Falcons, that could change a little bit. But the most likely case is that their 1st round pick will be in the 7-13 range, and that they will swap with the Falcons, who will likely be in the 18-25 range. If that happens, then a) will be the result. If Washington somehow miraculously finishes in front of Atlanta, then b) will happen. However, if they finish fairly close together, like, say, Washington at 14 and Atl at 16, then there are other shades of grey that will come into play. As far as I know, those haven't been fully explained yet, but you get the general idea. This is all the result of the Duckett, Lelie, (Washington pick) trade that went down right before the season began.
                              Actually that is quite wrong, it has nothing to do with the Falcons it's the Broncos, the Falcons got Lelie if you don't remember, plus we are not switching picks:
                              http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9616229
                              Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible.

Under that scenario, Denver also could get Washington's fourth-round pick in 2008 or the Redskins' third-round pick in 2007.
                              Do your Research!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine

Actually that is quite wrong, it has nothing to do with the Falcons it's the Broncos, the Falcons got Lelie if you don't remember, plus we are not switching picks:
                                http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9616229
                                Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible.

Under that scenario, Denver also could get Washington's fourth-round pick in 2008 or the Redskins' third-round pick in 2007.
                                Do your Research!!!
                                Why would you trade a 3rd round pick for TJ Duckett, and not even use him? Why would you trade a 3rd round pick for Duckett at all anyway???
                                Since the Redskins don't seem to place a high premium on draft picks, I don't think they'll be successful.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                                Albert Camus

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information