• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poet3334
    Originally posted by ghettosermon
    Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    How many draft picks do the Redskins have this year?
    Actually, the correct answer is either a) the Falcons first rounder in exchange for their own, plus their 3rd round pick, and their 5th-7th rounders or b) their own 1st rounder and their 5th-7th picks.

Depending on where they finish in relation to the Falcons, that could change a little bit. But the most likely case is that their 1st round pick will be in the 7-13 range, and that they will swap with the Falcons, who will likely be in the 18-25 range. If that happens, then a) will be the result. If Washington somehow miraculously finishes in front of Atlanta, then b) will happen. However, if they finish fairly close together, like, say, Washington at 14 and Atl at 16, then there are other shades of grey that will come into play. As far as I know, those haven't been fully explained yet, but you get the general idea. This is all the result of the Duckett, Lelie, (Washington pick) trade that went down right before the season began.
    Actually that is quite wrong, it has nothing to do with the Falcons it's the Broncos, the Falcons got Lelie if you don't remember, plus we are not switching picks:
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9616229
    Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible.

Under that scenario, Denver also could get Washington's fourth-round pick in 2008 or the Redskins' third-round pick in 2007.
    Do your Research!!!
    Why would you trade a 3rd round pick for TJ Duckett, and not even use him? Why would you trade a 3rd round pick for Duckett at all anyway???
    Since the Redskins don't seem to place a high premium on draft picks, I don't think they'll be successful.
    It's really quite the mystery.. however, Duckett busted out a 12 yard run against philly and then we never saw him the rest of the day. I think he'll start seeing the ball more now that Portis is on the IR (obviously)

As per the last part, i think that idea has been stated at least 1,000 times seriously. If you'd like a response to it just go did up some past thread, there's liable to be hundreds.

Comment

Actually, the correct answer is either a) the Falcons first rounder in exchange for their own, plus their 3rd round pick, and their 5th-7th rounders or b) their own 1st rounder and their 5th-7th picks.

Depending on where they finish in relation to the Falcons, that could change a little bit. But the most likely case is that their 1st round pick will be in the 7-13 range, and that they will swap with the Falcons, who will likely be in the 18-25 range. If that happens, then a) will be the result. If Washington somehow miraculously finishes in front of Atlanta, then b) will happen. However, if they finish fairly close together, like, say, Washington at 14 and Atl at 16, then there are other shades of grey that will come into play. As far as I know, those haven't been fully explained yet, but you get the general idea. This is all the result of the Duckett, Lelie, (Washington pick) trade that went down right before the season began.
      Actually that is quite wrong, it has nothing to do with the Falcons it's the Broncos, the Falcons got Lelie if you don't remember, plus we are not switching picks:
      Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible.

Under that scenario, Denver also could get Washington's fourth-round pick in 2008 or the Redskins' third-round pick in 2007.
      Do your Research!!!
      Thank you for the contempt. I'm glad to see that you're taking all that losing so well.

Contrary to your professed understanding of this deal, terms have not been officially announced. This is merely Adam Schefter's understanding that you are reporting. If you know anything about the media and Schefter himself, you know that he is one of the least credible sources out there.

All that is actually known is that the deal depends upon the final record of the two teams. It was my bad on confusing the Falcons and the Broncos, so you're right there. Just had a little bit of a brain-blip, but no biggie. I can give you plenty of other sources that do not indicate anything regrarding the no.21 or better finish that Schefter is reporting as being the benchmark. Also, I remember an ESPN report at the time of the trade that explicitly mentioned the possibility of swapping first round picks even in the event of Washington holding a top 10 and the Broncos holding a late 20s early 30s pick.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...pins082306.htm

... the Broncos’ compensation won’t be determined until the end of the season. The scenarios: (1) The Redskins and Broncos swap 2007 first-round picks; (2) the teams swap 2007 first-round picks and the Broncos receive a third-round pick; (3) the teams swap 2007 first-round picks and the Broncos get a 2008 fourth-round selection; (4) the Broncos get a 2007 third-round pick and a 2008 fourth-round pick.
      I wouldn't count on Schefter as being the final authority on any behind-the-scenes info, if I was you. That would be a bad choice of affiliations. But then, I am talking to a Redskins fan....
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Do your Research!!!
        Thank you for the contempt. I'm glad to see that you're taking all that losing so well.

Contrary to your professed understanding of this deal, terms have not been officially announced. This is merely Adam Schefter's understanding that you are reporting. If you know anything about the media and Schefter himself, you know that he is one of the least credible sources out there.

All that is actually known is that the deal depends upon the final record of the two teams. It was my bad on confusing the Falcons and the Broncos, so you're right there. Just had a little bit of a brain-blip, but no biggie. I can give you plenty of other sources that do not indicate anything regrarding the no.21 or better finish that Schefter is reporting as being the benchmark. Also, I remember an ESPN report at the time of the trade that explicitly mentioned the possibility of swapping first round picks even in the event of Washington holding a top 10 and the Broncos holding a late 20s early 30s pick.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...pins082306.htm

... the Broncos’ compensation won’t be determined until the end of the season. The scenarios: (1) The Redskins and Broncos swap 2007 first-round picks; (2) the teams swap 2007 first-round picks and the Broncos receive a third-round pick; (3) the teams swap 2007 first-round picks and the Broncos get a 2008 fourth-round selection; (4) the Broncos get a 2007 third-round pick and a 2008 fourth-round pick.
        I wouldn't count on Schefter as being the final authority on any behind-the-scenes info, if I was you. That would be a bad choice of affiliations. But then, I am talking to a Redskins fan....
        You're saying his sources aren't reliable and then you bust out PFW? That's hilarious.

Comment

U never know, the Rams came out of nowhere.....

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information