X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eacantdraft
    started a topic Future Hall of Famers.

Future Hall of Famers.

I love how people think every player who is retiring and has played for a while is going into the Hall of Fame.

Unless you are a true superstar during your playing days, a player is not going to get into the Hall of Fame any time soon.

Football has a huge backlog of potential Hall of Famers as it is. Look at Art Monk and he hasn't gotten in yet. Harry Carson took years to get in to the point where he wanted his name withdrawn from consideration.

The Football Hall of Fame selection method needs some serious reforms. Only 39 people pick the Hall of Famers. Only a maximum of of 6 players can be picked every year. Plus the old timers selections push the backlog of eligable players even more. And expansion has created a bigger pool of more eligable players.

Unless you are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Marvin Harrison, and maybe LaDanian Tomlinson (needs to play a few more season), there is no guarantee you will get in the first time, or even the second or third time.

This also means that players like Drew Bledsoe and Eddie George (despite what the homers and fangirls say) won't be getting in at all.

• WCH
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    On the Ravens
    Ogden
    Ray Lewis
    maybe Reed if he can dominate for some more years

My question is are Ray Lewis and Jon Ogden 1st ballot HOF?
    Yes, and I'd be stunned if either of them weren't.

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    On the Ravens
    Ogden
    Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis is, and Jonathon Ogden deserves to be, but may have to wait another year.

Leave a comment:

• Ravens1991
    replied
    On the Ravens
    Ogden
    Ray Lewis

Leave a comment:

• RaiderNation
    replied
    randy moss??

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    I would like to say Rod Smith has a chance. He has better stats than any undrafted wide receiver ever.

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Wait....how is arguably a top 3 if not THE best Center of all time, Kevin Mawahae not even on anyone's list?
    Kevin Mawae needs more consideration I agree.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderNation
    replied
    warren sapp

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Wait....how is arguably a top 3 if not THE best Center of all time, Kevin Mawahae not even on anyone's list?

Leave a comment:

• scottyboy
    replied
    wow, this whole thread and not one mention of a huge lock, possibly the best weapon on the giants....

Jeff Feagles!!!

Leave a comment:

• bernbabybern820
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    That is way too many players. There are not that many locks, and most of those maybes will not get in.
    I'd like to know who you dont think are locks because they all seem like locks to me...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by bantx View Post
    anyone else other than me think jason witten will go?

He'd need to put up some big stats... he is, however, still young. He needs to go back to 2004 form, with more TD's, and maintain that for the rest of his career.

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    Originally posted by elway777 View Post
    Not a chance on earth.
    That's not entirely true, there is a remote chance Jerry Jones might buy the Hall of Fame. If that were to happen Whitten woud get in and Tony Romo would be named the greatest quarterback ever.

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    Originally posted by bantx View Post
    anyone else other than me think jason witten will go?
    Not a chance on earth.

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    Tory Holt should be a 1st ballot IMO. 5 straight seasons with 90 receptions or more. Had 6 seasons of 1300 receiving yards or more. 7 seasons of 1100 or more.

Recs. 52, 82, 81, 91, 117, 94, 102, 93.
    Rec yads: 788, 1635, 1363, 1302, 1696, 1372, 1331, 1188
    TDs: 64

a baller.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information