All-Star team of second-round picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    It looks like the Giants can draft DEs in round two pretty efficiently. Only one pick later and Kiwi would have been round 2 as well.
    What about Justin Tuck?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      What about Justin Tuck?
      It's hard to say considering how many injuries he has sustained each year, not to mention the fact who knows if he'll be the same after his most recent injury.

He looked to be quite good in the 2005 season from the bits and pieces we all saw from him that year. Who knows though..

I am quite happy to see not only Strahan and Osi on the list, but Chris Snee. Might be one of the most underated offensive linemen in the league - of course, that might just be me..
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

This thread got me to thinking about the Bears' 2nd rounds since 2000.

2000: Mike Brown, S, Nebraska (#39 overall)--has had a solid career, except has also had a tendency to land on IR the last couple of years

2001: Anthony Thomas, RB, Michigan (#38)--was named Offensive ROY after supplanting James Allen after 4 games* and rushing for 1,183 yards, but faded since

2002: none

2003: Charles Tillman, CB, UL-Lafayette (#35)--has been a decent corner for Bears, but does occassionally have trouble vs. elite WR's

2004: Tank Johnson, DT, Washington (#47)--has only been able to crack the starting lineup due to injuries to others; has recently had legal issues

2005: Mark Bradley, WR, Oklahoma (#39)--was coming on strong as a rookie until tearing an ACL while making an insane catch vs. Detroit

2006: Danieal Manning, S, Abilene Christian (#42)--production-wise, seems on par with Bears teammate Chris Harris
        Devin Hester, CB/RS, Miami-FL (#57)--if there were such thing as a "Special Teams ROY," he easily would have won the award, returning 3 punts, 2 kickoffs, and a missed field goal for touchdowns in the regular season, and becoming the first to take the Super Bowl's opening kickoff to the house

* - if I'm inaccurate about that, please correct me, but I'm pretty sure it was the first 4 games that Allen started

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
          This thread got me to thinking about the Bears' 2nd rounds since 2000.

2000: Mike Brown, S, Nebraska (#39 overall)--has had a solid career, except has also had a tendency to land on IR the last couple of years

2001: Anthony Thomas, RB, Michigan (#38)--was named Offensive ROY after supplanting James Allen after 4 games* and rushing for 1,183 yards, but faded since

2002: none

2003: Charles Tillman, CB, UL-Lafayette (#35)--has been a decent corner for Bears, but does occassionally have trouble vs. elite WR's

2004: Tank Johnson, DT, Washington (#47)--has only been able to crack the starting lineup due to injuries to others; has recently had legal issues

2005: Mark Bradley, WR, Oklahoma (#39)--was coming on strong as a rookie until tearing an ACL while making an insane catch vs. Detroit

2006: Danieal Manning, S, Abilene Christian (#42)--production-wise, seems on par with Bears teammate Chris Harris
          Devin Hester, CB/RS, Miami-FL (#57)--if there were such thing as a "Special Teams ROY," he easily would have won the award, returning 3 punts, 2 kickoffs, and a missed field goal for touchdowns in the regular season, and becoming the first to take the Super Bowl's opening kickoff to the house

* - if I'm inaccurate about that, please correct me, but I'm pretty sure it was the first 4 games that Allen started
          Good post. +rep

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
            What about Justin Tuck?
            Justin Tuck was a 3rd rounder. The Giants said they almsot pulled the trigger on him in round 2 and we pleasantly suprised to see him available in round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              Justin Tuck was a 3rd rounder. The Giants said they almsot pulled the trigger on him in round 2 and we pleasantly suprised to see him available in round 3.
              Was he? Could have swore we took him in the second round. He'd really be a steal if he wasn't injured so consistently.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Not a bad list.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information