Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Pacman' Jones buys full-page newspaper ad for letter to fans

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones bought a full-page newspaper advertisement to print an open letter in which he promised to regain trust of his team and fans.

In the advertisement in the sports section of Friday's editions of The Tennessean -- Nashville's daily newspaper -- Jones told his family, coaches, teammates and Titans fans he must reorganize his priorities.

He has said he is going to straighten out in the past, and he kept screwing up. He may change, but every Titans fan (or anyone who follows football) will have a initial reaction of "I've heard this before".

Comment

I hear you but I hope for his sake it is true but I won't hold my breath maybe taking the game of football away opened his eyes?

Comment

Actions speak louder than words. We'll see what he's doing this time next year.

Comment

Oh, and until he cleans up his act he'll have a prominent spot in my NFL Criminal video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqOU7lgKYc

Comment

Nice idea from his agent...

Comment

Well there goes some future bail money. :D

In all serious I'm proud that he is going back to school and hope he can get his life on a positive track and I look forward to seeing him on the field again.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                Well there goes some future bail money. :DIn all serious I'm proud that he is going back to school and hope he can get his life on a positive track and I look forward to seeing him on the field again.
                LOL, good 1/

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

And whats Chris Henry been doing? He might actually be doing something rather than telling people about what hes going to do

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                    He has said he is going to straighten out in the past, and he kept screwing up. He may change, but every Titans fan (or anyone who follows football) will have a initial reaction of "I've heard this before".
                    Actually in the past he has vehemently denied any wrong doing and claimed he was being targeted...the closest he ever came before to saying he'll straighten up was when he said he might start hanging out in obscure jazz clubs to try and stop being targeted (which he didn't do, although I think he was kidding).

Actions do speak louder than words, but he has no action right now that will fix things. The only action he can take is a lack of action - a lack of doing what he usually was doing. Obviously this will take a lot of time and won't truly be fulfilled until he retires hopefully many years from now with no more incidents. So in a way, there's really nothing he can do right now but promise he will change in the form of gestures like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                      Nice idea from his agent...
                      Exactly this isn't Pacmans idea at all, do you think he cares what people think about him? He don't care he is sittin back countin his money, so he knows how much to take with him to the next strip club he can go to and his boys can shoot up.
                      Last edited by EdReedUnstoppable; 04-20-2007, 11:08 PM.
                      HALL OF FAMER!
                      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Even if it was insincere, it was a nice gesture. It sure didn't hurt him, in my opinion.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Even if it was insincere, it was a nice gesture. It sure didn't hurt him, in my opinion.
                          At this point can anything hurt him more?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information