Rattay to Raiders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
    i think that if rattay is signed than the raiders dont draft a quarterback in the first. Maybe Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, or Troy Smith
    i can only agree, but it's maybe only my hope to get the best player of this draft at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      troy smith....yuck
      well, you know. If they dont get the first two, then they pretty much have to take him IMO. i think they will snag stanton in the third. Maybe Kevin Kolb. IDK i juust am sure that if they get rattay than they wont take russell.

Originally posted by mythbusta
      i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
      who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
        well, you know. If they dont get the first two, then they pretty much have to take him IMO. i think they will snag stanton in the third. Maybe Kevin Kolb. IDK i juust am sure that if they get rattay than they wont take russell.
        we still have a young qb...Andrew Walter, so i think if its not Russell,Edwards or Stanton, i doubt we go QB until the late rounds

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

troy smith....yuck
          Yay someone who agrees with my hatred of Troy "Kordell Part Deux" Smith! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

we still have a young qb...Andrew Walter, so i think if its not Russell,Edwards or Stanton, i doubt we go QB until the late rounds
            Andrew Walter....double yuck!

Warning Bears fans: Rattay is coming for you again if he signs with Oakland!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

That's a good signing no matter who the Raiders decide to take at #1. I don't know how Kiffin feels, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with Andrew Walter as: (1) my opening-day starter; (2) my back-up quarterback should the starter go down to injury; and (3) a tutor to Jamarcus Russell if he is in fact selected. Not that Rattay is Trent Dilfer, who is perfect for young quarterback Alex Smith, but Rattay's essentially as good as it gets right now with who's available.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Rattay's gonna solve all the problems???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I love how Raiders fans and Al Davis are looking for excuses for not taking Russell! LOL

Comment

I don't think you can rule out Russell if the Raiders sign Tim Rattay. No one, not even Al Davis, thinks Tim Rattay is a long-term solution at QB.

Comment

Tim Rattay should not alter anyone's draft plans.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

It's no wonder the Raiders year after year. They are targeting guys like Tim loser Rattay.

Comment

Rattay is a more than adequate back-up, but apart from that he doesn't bring that much to the table.

Comment

hmmm

I like the idea of Rattay much more than McCown. Like Draftguru said, getting Rattay probably isn't changing the Raiders draft board.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

You know what's funny?

There appears to be a healthy contingent of Raider fans who don't care who plays QB, as long as they draft Calvin Johnson.

Hey, I think Jeff George is still available.

Yeah, Johnson's a stud.....but historically speaking, I can't think of a single instance in which a great WR sparked a bad team's turnaround.

See, the thing is, WR is the most dependent position on the team. If the QB stinks, then the WR is neutralized. If the O-line stinks, the QB gets killed, and the WR is neutralized. If the team can't run the ball, then defenses can focus on stopping the pass, and the WR is neutralized.

A WR can make a decent team good, and he can make a good team great. But put a great WR on a bad team, and you end up with.....a great WR on a bad team. 1500 yards and 12 TD's looks great on paper, but it doesn't mean much when that's 50% of your offense for the year.

Comment

Tim Rattay won't change who the Raiders will draft with the #1 pick. If the sign him he will compete with Walter this year while Russell sits on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information