Rattay to Raiders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoinks View Post

Yeah, Johnson's a stud.....but historically speaking, I can't think of a single instance in which a great WR sparked a bad team's turnaround.
    You can argue whether he really sparked it or not, but after going 1-15 Keyshawn Johnson's rookie year, the Jets didn't lose more than 8 games in a season through 2000, after which Johnson left.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      On ESPN,John Clayton is reporting that the Raiders are talking to FA QB Tim Rattay. If they sign him this could mean Calvin Johnson will be the 1st overall pick in the draft or this could just mean they are wanting a vetran QB to start ahead of JaMarcus Russell.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...attay-in-play/

Rattay would be a real solid fit. Here's a guy who never really got a fair opportunity last year for non-football reasons. He can operate that scheme/system, and would provide a bridge of 1-2 years to develop someone, whoever that might be. Although ... I still say this. I don't think a veteran QB tilts things as much as people make it out to be. It might be a slight nudge, but in the end, I think the Raiders will make the choice based on what they think is the right move, not based on "need", persay.

Comment

This would be a good move for the Raiders. Rattay really isn't that bad...granted, he's not that good either...but he allows them to draft CJ and take Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton at the top of the second. That would be a pretty awesome draft for them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Rattay is a great fit for the Raiders in their new WCO look. Signing Rattay certainly doesn't mean they won't draft a QB, but it does give them negotiating leverage and gives them options with #1 overall.

Comment

People seem to forget that theres a reason he didn't start ahead of Bruce Gradkowski....

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
            It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
            Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
            http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
            421 Witness
            756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
              People seem to forget that theres a reason he didn't start ahead of Bruce Gradkowski....
              Speaking of the Bucs, what are the odds they draft a QB? I think Gruden has developed a new fetish with QB's.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post

The main reason why Grads beat out Rattay on the depth chart is that Rattay is a "gamer", and is a lot better in game time than he is in practice. Gruden was frustrated with him during camp and "doghoused" him to the bottom of the depth chart. Rattay clearly outperformed Grads in game time, however, and made the offense much more productive.

Comment

Tim Rattay is a joke.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Rattay not bad but he only a one year qb for any team. This might mean they are going to take Edwards or Staton and grom them for a year or 2 then start them.

Comment

i think that its just a smoke screen so they can trade down to get Quinn if they aren't sold on Russell.
                      Peyton Manning Fanboy
                      Originally posted by Complex
                      They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

They should just got David Carr when he was avaliable, I now think they should pick up Stanton in the third. For now I think they should get Rattay I guess and Walter is obviously not the answer his numbers explain everything.

Comment

If they draft Johnson its because they will trade Moss to the Packers.

Brett Favre said he is 99% surtain that Moss will be traded to the Packers. I think that leaves a big hint that Moss will be gone and they will draft Johnson.

But its a toss-up. Rattay really gives no hints to what they plan on doing.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                            If they draft Johnson its because they will trade Moss to the Packers.

Brett Favre said he is 99% surtain that Moss will be traded to the Packers.
                            Link??????

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

let me look it up, dont have it off the top of my head, BRB.

Comment

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04...l-be-a-packer/

thats the article where Brett Favre said Moss will be a Packer, I bet he knows inside stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information