Rattay to Raiders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattay to Raiders?

On ESPN,John Clayton is reporting that the Raiders are talking to FA QB Tim Rattay. If they sign him this could mean Calvin Johnson will be the 1st overall pick in the draft or this could just mean they are wanting a vetran QB to start ahead of JaMarcus Russell.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...attay-in-play/

The agent for free agent quarterback Tim Rattay confirmed Wednesday morning he has talked to the Raiders about his client but little else.
    Last edited by RaiderNation; 04-20-2007, 04:13 PM.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

al davis is looking to draft calvin, no doubt. Rattay is alright, but with the raiders recievers he could flourish. Rich Gannon, anybody?

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

Comment

this would mean that Moss or/and Porter will be trade away before the season begins.

Comment

Im surprised it has taken this long for Rattay fo find an interested team.

Comment

Originally posted by NotoRussell View Post
          this would mean that Moss or/and Porter will be trade away before the season begins.
          why exactly?

who dey?

Comment

Or maybe Rattay will just start till Russell is ready.
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Tim Rattay is like the blind spot of NFL QBing.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Its noticable that Al wants Calvin Johnson and who wouldnt but would Tim Rattay be that much of an upgrade with him and Walter?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                  Or maybe Rattay will just start till Russell is ready.
                  i doubt it. i think davis is looking for any capable starting quaterback so he can draft CJ21.

who dey?

Comment

IMO CJ should or will start at once, so Moss and Porter will not be happy about their situation and that will effect the chemistry of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by NotoRussell View Post
                      IMO CJ should or will start at once, so Moss and Porter will not be happy about their situation and that will effect the chemistry of the team.
                      Porter wants to be on this team and he will be the 2nd WR and Curry will be 3rd, Moss will be Moss

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

IMO Porter will play for Raiders next season, Moss not if we draft CJ.

Comment

I think this makes sense because of Rattay's experience in the offense. Doesn't mean the Raiders won't draft Russell, because Rattay isn't a long term solution, but with a new offense and an experienced QB running it, the entire Raider offense will look much better. Add CJ to the mix, who could be a dominant west coast reciever, making plays in traffic like Terrell Owens in his prime and running after the catch, combined with a top 10 defense, and you might have something.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            I think this makes sense because of Rattay's experience in the offense. Doesn't mean the Raiders won't draft Russell, because Rattay isn't a long term solution, but with a new offense and an experienced QB running it, the entire Raider offense will look much better. Add CJ to the mix, who could be a dominant west coast reciever, making plays in traffic like Terrell Owens in his prime and running after the catch, combined with a top 10 defense, and you might have something.
                            i think that if rattay is signed than the raiders dont draft a quarterback in the first. Maybe Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, or Troy Smith

who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                              i think that if rattay is signed than the raiders dont draft a quarterback in the first. Maybe Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, or Troy Smith
                              troy smith....yuck

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information